A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time

 When trying to send an email I'm getting this error. What does it mean? Thanks.

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 216.34.131.135:25

Regards, Curt
0
CurtWRC

It means that a connection could not be established to the host at 216.34.131.135 on port 25

I have tried to connect to that host, and it is not accepting mail on port 25

The simple way to test this is go to the command prompt and type:

telnet 216.34.131.135 25

this will try and connect to that host on port 25. If the host is capable of accepting mail on that port, you will get a blank screen.

It might worth using tools like those at dnsstuff.com or centralops.net to debug mail problems.

Hope this helps,

James.

If this answered your question, please mark as an answer so others will know too.

http://wyerarch.blogspot.com
0
Wyerarch
6/18/2008 10:35:36 AM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885726

http://forums.asp.net/t/1089491.aspx

Amit Malhotra
http://www.learnlinq.blogspot.com/
0
RicIshay

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Hi All,  I have created a FTP client in ASP.net and it's working fine on my local system but when i deployed this code on Public IP(Remote server) it's not working.Code and Exceptions message are give below. public void Login() { if ( this.loggedin ) this.Close(); Debug.WriteLine("Opening connection to " + this.server, "FtpClient" ); IPAddress addr = null; IPEndPoint ep = null; try { this.clientSocket = new Socket( AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp ); addr = Dns.Resolve(this.serve...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Background: I am running a e-commerce website which will call a remote payment gateway when customer check out. I have tested my web application at my local machine. Everything just works fine. I have no problem to connect my payment gateway  However, after I have upload all my application code to my hosting company, I cannot check out because my web application cannot connect to the payment gateway And get following errors: " A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
I am having issues while sending mails using the namespace System.Net.Mail.I keep getting the error as below:A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respondThe code works in other remote hosting servers. This error occurs only for this particular server infotechage.com. I found some articles which said increase the timeout, but that does not help me. What may be the reason for this? Please help. I have been working on this issue for the last 3 days but in v...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
I am running a e-commerce website which will call a remote payment gateway when customer check out. with ASP.NET(2.0) The Bank Give Me WebService and say to me to use post method for sending my information. My Transaction State Is Ok But when i call a method of Bank webservice  it give me error   _______My Sample Code ___________ double TA;WebServices.ReferencePayment PaymentWebService = new WebServices.ReferencePayment();string MID = "00229018-45987";string t_strRefNum="*********";double t_lAmount;protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) &n...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
please can you help, when i do my request form i am getting an error. this happens when it is called over the web externally when i launch in visual stuido it works fine, i am local to the smtp server. it is an Exchange 2003 server. It has an address published, i can connect to port 25 with telnet to the dnsname.   I have many different snippets of code i have tried in a bid to get to the root, i think it cant authenticate. i have assigned 3 buttons to different subs for the mail send, noe of which work   A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly...

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond IP:PORT"
 Hi all, "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond IP:Port"  this is the error i am geeting while sending an email using System.Net.Mail My Code here :MailMessage objMail;        SmtpClient objSMTP;        // Now create the email        objMail = new MailMessage();        objMail.To.Add...

VS2005 IDE: Add Web Refernece. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has fa
 I have published a web service, but cannot connect to it in VS2005.  The Web Methods display, but I then get this error:A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond I CAN connect to it outside of VS2005 from IE, Stylus Studio, etc.  /Bob C in GRR Hi  Bob, That might be a problem with proxy. Please try this solution: http://west-wind.com/weblog/posts/3871.aspx. Also you can refer to this article: http://msdn.microsoft...

not connected when I am connected

Connection Failed Activation of Network Connection Failed
I am running openSUSE 12.1 Beta 1 GNOME and I cannot get an internet connection. The wireless on my laptop says missing firmware which is fine. It says this on any distro and I can get it working. However, I can not get my wired connection to work. It keeps trying to connect and says "Connection Failed Activation of Network Connection Failed. I have seen other people have this problem online somewhere and they said they had to swap something from manual to auto, but I am not sure what or where. I know that this laptops ethernet card will work fine on here b/c I used ope...

Get Connection from connection Cache ???
Hi there, I have created a DataSource in my EJb context, but when I'm performing a lookup a com.sybase.ejb.NamingContext is returned instead of a DataSource object, which means I'm unable to typecast it into a DataSource and perform the getConnection invocation. Code: java.util.Properties props = new java.util.Properties(); props.put(javax.naming.Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "com.sybase.ejb.InitialContextFactory"); props.put(javax.naming.Context.PROVIDER_URL, "iiop://avenir_kpp:9000"); props.put(javax.naming.Context.SECURI...

Connection Cache
Hi, I wonder if there's a way to detect the timestamp of the creation of the database connection from a connection pool ? The reason why I ask this strange question is, that I want to destroy all connections from the cache that were established before a certain timestamp. Thomas It's not clear to me as to why you would want to do that. There are a number of parameters you can set to control connection cache size, if you are simply concerned about the number of open connections. If the amount of time that a connection remains idle is a concern, you can set a time...

Connect to LAN (Was connect to NET)
Almost time for a new header, the old was getting too long and the focus is now different. So .... Story so far - Mepis 6 - setting LAN IP would upset external site addressing but the ISP hung in there without dropping the line. I have, at last, succeeded in connecting to the web via dial up AND keeping it running while seeing a LAN. I can't point directly to what I did but I did keep notes along the way as to what NOT to touch. Call it pure luck, deft fingerwork, incantations and imprecations. Next problem - 5 PC's. (5 Machine names) A, B, C, D, E. (4 are Win XP...

Getting "Server actively refused connection" message when attempting to connect to an AJAX enabled web site, but...
I have constructed and successfully debugged an AJAX enabled web site using Visual Studio 2005 Professional with the appropriate AJAX extensons packages installed.  After "publishing" the web site, "WeycoRemote1" I encounter some very strange behavior. Note: the development environment is on the IIS server which is hosting the web site. If I attempt to connect to the web site over the Internet I am presented with either with a "Server actively refused connection message" or "Server Error in '/WeycoRemote1' Application" message.&...

connection fail after every 6 times of Datawindow.NET application with ASA
A CT developed its PC standalone applications using Datawindow.NET. Recently they encountered "connection fail" after every 6 times of "connect and disconnect". Is it possible for ASA to reject the connection since their license is more than 5000? I wonder that the application is only run on the PC for offline use. Is there still the issue of license for a personal server? The attached file is the error screen where the application encountered the error. Does anyone think the code of Datawindow.NET is not appropriate for ASA? (They have also tried "dblic"...

Web resources about - A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time - asp.net.getting-started

Police tear open roof to arrest man in connection with stabbing murder
Police have torn open the roof of a Gold Coast home to arrest a man in connection with the stabbing death of 16-year-old Michael Brack.

Paris attacks: Belgium connection probed as terrorist past of Brussels district of Molenbeek under spotlight ...
Prosecutors reveal a growing Belgian connection to the deadly Paris attacks, focusing on a poor Brussels district.

Don’t Let Great Content Fall on Deaf Ears: Know your Connection Strategy
... via employee newsletter when it should have come through small-group manager meetings All of these and more are the result of a faulty connection ...

Brussels Connection Under Spotlight After Paris Killings
(EurActiv) — Prosecutors on Sunday disclosed a growing Belgian connection to the Paris attacks as Premier Charles Michel conceded that a Brussels ...