401.1 Error / Server Execution Failed errors in IIS after re-installing windows 2003 server

Hiya All!

My company began using windows 2003 enterprise server about 5 months ago with an evaluation copy. It worked fine... However, we have just purchased the full version and after installing it, I am getting a 401.1 error on our sites (all of them) and when I attempt to open the "properties | home directory" window, I get a popup after about a 3-5 minute lock that says "Server Execution Failed".
Any idea how I can fix this quickly?

Thanks!

Dave Larson
0
servingtulsa

Look for Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 247593

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q247/5/93.asp&NoWebContent=1
It might help
Marchel Cohn
0
mcohn

HELP
I am having troubles understanding what I need to do to integrate Visual Basic .NET 2003 with IIS 6.0, where VS.NET is installed on my Windows 2000 machine, but the IIS is running on a separate Windows 2003 Server.We purchase Visual Basic .NET Standard.   I assume that is all that is required for creating ASP.NET pages, Web services and Web applications?We ran the setup on the Windows 2000 machine.   The prerequisites were installed, followed by VB.NET.   We installed the .NET Framework 1.1 SDK and then the .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.On the Windows 2...

Start up error: HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
I recieved the following error when trying to create a program'The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or the open the Web project located at the following URL: http://localhost/asptest 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'here are the event viewer errors:Event Type: ErrorEvent Source: DCOMEvent Category: NoneEvent ID: 10004Date:  10/27/2008Time:  2:05:36 PMUser:  N/AComputer: LNOxxxxCFD2YDescription:DCOM got error "Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer...

Server Error -Only I get from 2003 Server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4786aa7a Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit My Deployment "WebForm_Sizing.msi" works all right from XP Professional, Vista without any problem. I can run as http://localhost/WebForm_Sizing/Default.aspx and runs OK. However, the same deployment (.msi) shows "Configuration Error" only in MS 2003 Server SP2. Please advise. The detail error message is below:- ------------------------------------------------ Server Error in '/WebForm_Sizing...

Error installing DNN 2.1.2 in window server 2003
Dear all, I have been trying to migrate my DNN 2.1.2 from window server 2000 to my new server with window server 2003 OS but with error message below...I have created the virtual directory and all the required step....can anybody help me... The page cannot be found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following: Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled...

Start up Error: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal server Error
When I attempt to create a new project or open an existing one, I recieve the following error.  "The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/PROJECTNAME'.  'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal server Error'. Now I have a fix for this, but it requires me to have to do it everytime I reboot my computer.  It's kind of a lengthy process and I've looked just about everywhere for perm. fixes for this error but have come up empty.  I've had just about enough of d...

Reports stopped working with Logon Failed error after upgrading server to Windows Server 2003 and removing Active Directory
Our server was formerly a Windows 2000 Server Domain Controller. My application worked great including reports. We demoted the server from a domain controller to a regular server, removed Active Directory, and upgraded to Windows Server 2003. Now the application still works fine except for my reports. I get the standard Logon Failed message even though I'm passing logon information to each table in the report just like before (my code or the reports never changed). The other strange thing I noticed is when I go into the report in Visual Studio on the server and try to "Verify Da...

Installation of Application Center 2000, with Visual Studio 2003, Framework 1.1 installed in the Windows 2003 Server Installed.
I am trying to Install the Application Center 2000 in the Windows 2003 Server with the Visual Studio 7.0 installed in it. I am getting the error message that--- " The Installation is not supported by this Version of Window" --- where as in the sites it is written that Application center 2000 works best with the Windows 2003 Server, Enterprize Version. Please Help me with all the Details....

Portal hosted on Windows Server 2003 gives ACL 401.3
Hi all, In our Test Environment, we currently have our Application website hosted on 2 separate IIS 6.0 Servers(Windows 2003) The application has Integrated windows authentication enabled(with Anonymous access unchecked).The problem is whenever a user tries to hit the website he will be prompted for credentials and after three attemptshe will be redirected to 401.3(HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource.)Error page.If the user is added as Administrator on the IIS box itself , then he could access the site without any problem, w...

Error message 401.2.: Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration.
I have an ASP.NET 3.5 application deployed to Windows Server 2003 running on IIS. I created a custom application pool with a domain account "domain\WebApp" which the application pool runs as the identity for.  This account has membership in the aspnetdb on SQL Server 2005 under the "aspnet_Roles_FullAccess" role in that database so that it can work with the SQL roles provider. My application uses Windows Authentication (and this all works fine when I'm testing on my dev machine inside VS 2008). I ran aspnet_regiis -ga on the domain account and granted it acces...

HTTP /1.1 500 Server Error in the VS.NET 2003
Hi, After uninstall the NIS (Norton Internet Security) 2006, I have got problem with my VS.NET 2003. so that I had to uninstalll and install the IIS,NetFramework and VS.NET 2003 again and also "aspnet_regiis -i " to reconize IIS at VS.NET 2003. However when I am trying to open any project within VS.NET 2003 it gives me "HTTP /1.1 500 Server Error" error message. I checked the System at the Even Viewer seems my system has a difficulty with the "w3svc.dll". but it's kind of strange for me, becuase when I ran "iisreset/ status" seems the IIS running without any problem and also the I...

getting error like
hello  Using Ajax 1.0 RC I’m getting this error:Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException Error: an unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. the status code return from the server was 403I have one update panel in which i have gridview control. i have sorting true in gridviewwhen i click on header for sorting and wait for the result. it display updateprogress and working fine as expected.but if i click for sorting on header continueously without stoping after 10 or 12 click it gives me above error. I am struckup heremy code is like this:<asp:Update...

Windows Server 2003 installation error
during install of commerce starter kit on a windows 2003 server machine with sql and iis support, i recieve the following error message after successful test connection of sql server and clicking on the install button:"The System cannot find the path specified" comes up as a dialog box. and that's it.I wish i was able to describe more about the error, but that's all that is available apparently. Has anybody run into this situation or know of a solution to this problem?...

Web resources about - 401.1 Error / Server Execution Failed errors in IIS after re-installing windows 2003 server - asp.net.getting-started