3-tier web application-help

hi,friend

i want make web application using 3-tier arcitechture.
plz anyone give any simple web application example using 3-tier in vb.net language. with complete code.
or give any articles which explain with sample web application.
it's urgent
thanks in advance.
0
vadhiya

Hi there,

Please browse through the starter kits through this site and also on community server's source code. This should give you pretty good idea.
HTH
Sunny NAGI
Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

longhorn2005
3/22/2005 7:57:58 AM
i m new 4 3-tier archi.

i want to make simple 3-tier web app.
i have one dropdownlist on webform aspx.
i have customer database with only one table 'customer' which contain only one field 'cust_name'
i want retrive all cust_name in dropdownlist. using 3-tier archi.
give any solution.
it's urgent
thanks in advance.
0
vadhiya

Can anybody help on MS Word Simulation in Web Application in .Net 3.5
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-lan...

How to get a Windows Server 2008 to run .NET 3.5 AJAX Web Applications
Hi, i'm kinda new to the .NET 3.5 framework.. I just developed a very simple web app using Visual studio 2008 beta2, choosing ASP.NET Futures AJAX. I then added a Web Reference that i call from a Silverlight control.. So far so good: i test it, and it runs locally.. I also have a Windows Server 2008 DataCenter Release candidate version, on which i used to run an ASP.NET 3.0 Web Application, that worked just fine.. But I can't figure out how to run this .net 3.5 Web App on my server: i tried installing the .NET 3.5 Framework on the server, but i still can only deploy 3.0 applications....

help help help with getting started
I have a simple page with this code: <%@ Page Language="vb" Debug="true" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data.SQLClient" %> <script runat="server"> sub Page_load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) if not ispostback then 'create connection Dim Conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection 'create data adapter Dim dataAdapter As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter 'create dataset Dim dataview...

Consuming Web service from .net 3.5 web application using ajax
Hi , Before in .net 2005 ,I use to consume the  web service from client side via Ajax and java script. that's just adding web service inside the script manger services.But  it was not possible with .net 2008 version WEB APPLICATION   , Even it works well with .net 2008 web sites. Please help me to solve the issue. I have no idea what you mean. Please post the code that "does not work". NC...   I have the same problem.  I have a .NET 3.5 Web Application not Web Site.  I fully qualify the web service with the namespace i,e,  &n...

Stop and Start a Web Application using Application Pool contains may Web Applications
Hi, In my IIS 6.0, there is a Application Pool. This Application Pool contains 5 Asp.net Web Application. But I need to stop and restart one particular Web Application. How to do that? What is the process to start and stop a Asp.net Web Application. when the Web Application uses a Application Pool and the Particular Application Pool contains other Web Application as well.?     if you want like that then create separate application pool for each web application. Then you can start and stop one particular web application. Other easy way is just modify the web.config file of you...

Getting started with web application
I'm new to Visual Studio and I have trouble getting 'just started'. So I have a couple of questions.   First of all, is there a tutorial which will take me through the first steps of getting started? Current tutorials have not done the trick.   Second, if such a tutorial does not exist, What is the base to start? A web application (as I suppose) or a project? It must be possible to work with two programmers simultaneously. In such conditions, what is preferred?   Third, the layout of the website is as follows: a division into four parts with the menu on the left, the 'm...

Cannot call a web service from java script using ajax in .net 3.5 web applications
As like 2005 .net websites i tried to consume a web service from client side java script  using Ajax script manager in  .net 3.5 (2008) version web application it was not working, Event it works with 3.5 web sites, What i have to do to solve the issue. Thanks in advance Hi, can you create the least amount of code to reproduce it and post it? This gives us the ability to check out your code and better guide you. Also please check out this article: Create a Simple WCF Web Service and Use In JavaScript With Visual Studio 2008 and .Net 3.5.  Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Fire...

"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. "
i wanted to create a New Project, with Visual Basic Projects as Project Type, and ASP.NET Web Application as the selected Templates. However, there was an error message pop up saying these: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. " How may i overcome it? Is 2373 already a directory in your web root? How about Labs? It might have something to do with subdirectories, have you tried creating one just off the route? Ala: http://localhost/labs071 ? You might want to try to see if tha...

Notification from 3.5 web application for a 1.1 web application
Hello I have this situation: I have an ASP.NET 1.1 web application. Recently we received to make a module for data import, so I made it in ASP.NET 3.5. The 3.5 sub-application opens in a frame of the 1.1 application. I also made an "upgrade" for the part that handles the editable application parameters by unsing the 3.5 forms from the 1.1 application. The problem that I have now is that I have to notify the 1.1 application that these parameters were update so it should be reloaded. How can I do this? Thanks in advance Calin...

Deploy 3.5 web app on .NET 3.0 web server?
Hello,I am considering developing an ASP.NET app in VS 2008 using LINQ.  I know LINQ is .NET 3.5 specific but the IIS6 web server I need to deploy to only has .NET 3.0 installed (and I can't change that).So my question: can I compile and deploy a .NET 3.5 app on a web server with .NET 3.0 on it?  If so, how - and is there any official MSFT documentation? thanks,Justin Try this out it may work, if not you won't be using Linq unless they upgrade. http://linqinaction.net/blogs/main/archive/2007/09/05/linq-support-on-net-2.0.aspx- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful rep...

I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help?
I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help? Is there a tool for building help pages ? Thanks There's a program called HTML Help workshop you can use... It's free but in my humble opinion it sucks... you may want to take a look at it anyway: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=00535334-c8a6-452f-9aa0-d597d16580cc&displaylang=en Hope it helps...

Converting a VS 2005 Web Application to a VS .NET 2003 Web Application
Well it seems that I am going against the stream here, but one of our clients wants the web application I wrote in Visual Studio 2005 to be deployed using Visual Studio .NET 2003. What's the best way to go about this without rewriting the whole dang thing? I would probably create a new 2003 project, copy all of your aspx and other files into it, attempt a build and see what happens.  If you didn't use a lot of the new controls (like membership, personalization, masterpages etc, then you will probably be ok with just minor changes.  If you did rely on a lot of the newer c...

.net framework 3.0 Web application
Hi, My questions is,  I installed .Net FRAMEWORK 3.0 in my local workstation,Working perfectly 1)   How to find Open new website verion ASP.NET 3.0? 2)  How to deploying ASP.NET 3.0 web application IIS 5.0 and IIS 6.0?  Reply  urgent !   Thanks B.Karthikeyan     1) Open VS 2008 and create a website and after you create it go to properties there you can set it to version 3.0 2) deploying it You have to make sure that the server has .NET 3.0 or 3.5 installed and in IIS you should make sure that it is set to ASP.NET Versio...

Web resources about - 3-tier web application-help - asp.net.getting-started

Kibboko Helps You Discover Quality iOS Applications
With thousands of applications saturating the Apple App Store, its impossible to find all the games and apps that might suit your fancy. Granted, ...

Michigan Offers SNAP Application Help In Arabic, Conservatives Choke On Their Outrage
Michigan Offers SNAP Application Help In Arabic, Conservatives Choke On Their Outrage

Making physics interactive: New iPad application helps students understand how conditions affect blackbody ...
Understanding the phenomenon of blackbody radiation electromagnetic emissions that play a role in a broad range of physical systems is an important ...

iPhone applications help you recycle and shop green
... green shopping and recycling are no exception. Several new applications have been added this year that eco-minded consumers might find helpful. ...

New iPad application helps students understand how conditions affect blackbody radiation
Understanding the phenomenon of blackbody radiation – electromagnetic emissions that play a role in a broad range of physical systems – is an ...

Ridesharing applications may help solve Canberra's coming transport crisis
An extra 124,000 cars in Canberra by 2040 will&nbsp;require parking space larger than the parliamentary triangle.

Cloud ERP Helps Company Track Inventory, Increase Sales - netsuite, Applications - Customer Relationship ...
... for FMW Fasteners, as the software needed specific fastener manufacturing industry functionality. Experience rolling our cloud CRM helped, as ...

Fin Donnelly, NDP MP, stands by attempts to help Kurdi family's refugee application
NDP candidate Fin Donnelly is not backing down from comments he made in the wake of the death of three-year old Syrian boy Alan Kurdi who drowned ...

Sun News Asks Anti-Abortion Activists For Help With CRTC Application
Sun News TV host Brian Lilley has asked anti-abortion supporters across Canada to support the channel's CRTC application for mandatory carriage. ...

Evo 4G help: Using the LED light application with video recording
We love it when you send in your tips and hints, especially when they're this cool. Notice that the dual LED flash on the HTC Evo doesn't work ...