1 Database or 2 Databases?

I was just wondering which way is better...   Having my membership profile Database that asp.net configuration creates for me as it's own database and creating a seporate DB for the rest of my tables, or combining all of my tables into the ASPNETDB?

Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.

Mickey Elliott
0
mickeyelliott

 Using separate DBs for your app and user memberhip will allow you to implement a single login for multiple apps if you desire. So, from scalibility point of view, separate DBs is the way to go here.

NAbeel
--*Please mark as answer if you find this post helpful*--
0
nabeelsage
10/20/2008 6:09:01 PM
The best approach is to create seperate DB.
Thanks and Regards,
Saravana Prakash P.
http://saravanaprakashp.blogspot.com
Trust in Technology
0
PSP_152890
10/20/2008 6:10:17 PM
Seperate databases +1!

Jef Claes
~~~~~~~~~~

Visit my blog
0
Nemesis116
10/20/2008 6:18:19 PM

OK Thanks. The answer seems obvous now

Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.

Mickey Elliott
0
mickeyelliott
10/20/2008 6:49:35 PM

mickeyelliott@gmail.com:

OK Thanks. The answer seems obvous now

Please mark the thread as answered.

TATWORTH
10/21/2008 10:30:04 PM

Using one database will be better when you need to create database relations beween your custom tables and the aspnet security tables ,Or when you want to join a custom table with one of the security tables , This will avoid using Synonyms.

But this option will limit the security database to your application and it will not be practical to share it with other applications .

Regards,

Anas Ghanem.

Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!

0
anas

-934: ERROR! Unable to start specified database: Server must be upgraded to start database C:\FUELTAX\DATABASE\PCFTAX.DB
Our program which uses runtime engine for version 9 is getting the following error -934: ERROR! Unable to start specified database: Server must be upgraded to start database. Does anyone know what might have happened. It was working fine for months and all of the sudden we are getting this error now. Thanks, Igor Vodo. This error is a result of the database server being at a lower version than the database file format. Something has changed in your environment. Do you have multiple installs of SQL Anywhere on your machine (for example ASA 9.0.1 and 9.0.2)? If s...

access database and .NET 1.1
Does the ODBC and OLEDB name space in .NET require full trust permission on a server? just Read a write for ASP_NETUserJames Hearst.NET Application Developer That would be the public on the webserver? no uts a user acct/group in iisJames Hearst.NET Application Developer Thank you thats helpfull...

Getting top 1 and top 2 record form database
Hai i want to get the record what i have added first record in my database like this  how shall I retrieve the second record from database  can anyone tell me..?  ThanksRegards,M.VenkatesanMy Blog : http://venkat-dotnetsamples.blogspot.comPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you,and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.  select top 2 * from table order by createddate The real voyage of discovery consists not in making new landscapes, but in having new eyes select * from (select *,row...

2 database engines, 2 database files, one Server?
For whatever beaurocratic reason, we have been forced to use one NT Server for two databases in an installation of a Delphi/SQLA application. Sybase recommends installing two databases under one engine, but at the time, this was not an option. During the configuration of the services, SQLA complained that running two instances of the DBENG50 was not recommended but allowed the setup to continue. The end result is that both services are up and running on one NT server. Users are allowed to connect, no problem, business as usual. ....BUT The users are getting impatient with t...

PowerJ 2.0/Jaguar 1.1.1 Database demo problem
I am trying to run the JaguarDatabaseDemo program provided with PowerJ 2.0. As per the instruction in readme.txt, I have setup everything right. But when I try to execute to client part of the application thru powerj in appletviewer I get the following messages on the Java Console. Can somebody help me on this. sunil@fis.cigna.com Exception caught! com.sybase.jaguar.beans.enterprise.EnterpriseBeanException: Error occured while invoking a Jaguar method. Received an exception with the message: cs_convert: c slib user api layer: common library error: The result is truncated beca...

Retrieve a database value, if its equals to 1 hide a control (getting started)
Hi is it possible to retrieve a value from the database, and if its equals to 1 then hide a control (textbox). The value i am trying to get is here;private void DisplaySelectedRecord(DataView dv) {if (dv[0]["Rate_Active"] != null && dv[0]["Rate_Active"] != System.DBNull.Value)this.CheckBox1.Checked = Convert.ToBoolean(clsDHOC.Nz2ZeroString(dv[0]["Rate_Active"]));     }   And in page load i want it that if Rate_Active is 1 then the textbox is hidden on page load.  Why not create a private field in your class , assign your rat...

DNN 2.1.2 Database error
Hi, My DNN 2.1.2 site used to work fine until today. When I checked the site today, i got this error. DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database. SQL Server does not exist or access denied. No changes were made to the configuration except that I just installed the SP2 on XP. I checked the database, webconfig and the config files, they all seem to be the same as before when the site was working. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to ge...

.Net 1.1 Connect to an Access Database
Hi All! This little bit of code has had me stumped all day. I merely wish to connect to an access database but I keep getting the Unspecified Error below. Could someone check over my code code snippet and tell me if there something wrong? Please show me a correction if you have it. Thank You! Ted ================================= Unspecified error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: Syst...

2 databases, 2 servers, 1 search.
Hi!I have two databases which are located on two seperate servers. One database holds employee information and the other holds data about external companies. I have been tasked to create a small application which will search either the employee database, the external database or both at the same time. Is this possible and if so, how would I go about doing it? Neither database can be moved to be on the same server as the databases are accessed by 3rd party programs and all we do is access the information to print results from it. Cheers,   I have few questions1:Do you want to ...

Services don't start automatically ("Database cannot be started -- I/O error" or "Database cannot be started -- No such file or directory")
My situation is: ..server: Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2 ..database server : Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0.2.4372. Windows starts automatically 32 services ASA, one database in each service If I start each service in manual everything is ok. When I restart the server, four service (always four!!!) don't start correctly with two kind of error: "Database cannot be started -- I/O error" "Database cannot be started -- No such file or directory" The services that don't start are not the same. I tried many times and everytime the problem is on...

2
Does anyone know if I can have a table (tbl1) in one database (db1) linked with a foreign key to another table (tbl2) in anther databases (db2) on the same server? db1.tbl1 ==> db2.tbl2 Can tbl1 have triggers to perfrom a cascade delete action on tbl2? in MS SQLServer Marc <mweinstock@lds.com> wrote in message news:wdhAGzFvAHA.260@forums.sybase.com... > Does anyone know if I can have a table (tbl1) in one database (db1) linked > with a foreign key to another table (tbl2) in anther databases (db2) on the > same server? > > db1.tbl1 ==> db2....

Web resources about - 1 Database or 2 Databases? - asp.net.getting-started

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

Animal Venom Database Could Be Boon To Drug Development
A new public database that catalogs animal toxins could spur the development of new drugs made with compounds found in animal venom.