.NET Remoting - Doesn't works in >NET 2 FW ???? !!!!!

Hi,

I'm trying to write Remote server object , when I write:

using System.Runtime.Remoting.Channel.Tcp

It looks like this namespace doesn't exist and I can't use instances of objects in this name space as I used in .NET 1.1
When I look at the documentation, it looks like there is no change in the syntex or methodology.

Can some one please help me.

all the best,

el

0
israelws

System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp
0
LeaveMeAlone

cpan>install NET::SSH ----> Can't install NET::SSH don't know what it is?
Good day! This is the first time I'll be using the cpan to install modules. I run: perl -MCPAN -e shell and answer the questions one by one. When its done, I issued install NET::SSH at the cpan> prompt and I got the message: Can't install NET::SSH Don't know what it is. Question: How will I make cpan> know what NET::SSH is? Is there something I have to update first? How can I search for some useful modules using cpan> rather than using cpan search in www.cpan.org? What is auto bundle? And what does 'cpan -a' does? When I ran it, I can some...

Can't get MySQL Connector/Net 5.2.2 to work (with Membership)
Hello,Im having problems with using the MySql Connector/Net version 5.2.2 downloaded from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.2.htmlAfter installation I have followed the instructions from this blogpost; http://blog.nolanbailey.com/2008/03/08/mysql-aspnet-membership-and-role-provider/194But when I'm done with the last bullet in that list of instructions I turn to the security tab of the Asp.Net Configuration tool, and the following error message appears (text and screenshot below). I also have tried to go on with selecting the MySql Role Provider as well as going on with enter...

WinXP->NET works but not Win98->WinXP->Net
Hi, I have a WinXP pro machine that connects to the net just fine, (I am using it for this post). I also have a win 98 machine on the network and it can see my WinXP machine, (ping by IP and by name). But I cannot get the win 98 machine on the net. I have disabled my Firewalls, (ZoneAlarm and Windows). But I cannot get anything. What setting could I be missing? How can I connect my machine to the net thru my Win XP box. Many thanks. Simon -- http://urlkick.com/ Free URL redirection service. Turns a long URL into a much shorter one. On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 in ...

Any ideas why IIF files can't be found after .net 1 to .net 2?
IIF files are quickbook files that I simply download via web page link. Since upgrading to .net 2, the .iif file (which are there) no longer exist. The directory still has the correct permissions, even directory browsing at that and I can see the file. The .iif extension is listed inthe extension's list. If I right click save as, it says it doesn't exist. I can download any other file in that directory just not .iif files. The directory in IIS allows you to switch from .net 1 to .net 2. If in .net 1, it says .net 1 can't run at the same time as .net 2. Which is understandable but...

Can't get hello world aps.net 2.0 website to work on Go Daddy.
So I've built the simplest site possible. I create a new website in visual web developer 2008 and type hello world on the default.aspx page. I upload my files via ftp and when I request the page with the browser, it blows up. Am I missing something small but important? 2.0 is supported on my hosting package. http://www.myspace.com/wingedtreason Music for Gurus, Gamers and Geeks! what is the error you are getting The real voyage of discovery consists not in making new landscapes, but in having new eyes Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error ...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Crystal reports don't run well after Windows Update installs .net 2.0 and .net 3.5
 I have a web reporting application build using VS2003 and Crystal ver 9.5.Everything was working fine until the infrastructure team run the windows 2003 server WINDOWS UPDATE where the new .net 2.0 & .net 3.5 got installed.I started to get CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException: Error in File:crreport5.rpt -The request could not be submittted for background processing.After I restart IIS , the reports start working again but they stop after a while and I have to restart again ...Please, advise.    ...

webadmin.axd won't work from IIS (.NET 2.0 beta 2)
I have installed .Net Framework 2.0 beta 2 on a WinXP Pro machine. I have created a site (virtual directory) under the Default Web Site.I tried to run Web Admin tool for this site via http://localhost/<web site>/webadmin.axd however I got an error message that the page cannot be found. I also noticed that there is no aspnet_webadmin folder under wwwroot (there was one for beta 1) I've tried running aspnet_regiis -i but this did not fixed the problem.Can anyone help me on this? Hello Dr.NETJes, it seems the handler you are asking for has been removed, along with precompi...

What's compatible with DW.NET 2.0 and DW.NET 2.5
The group I work with does nothing but PB applications. Finally there is some interest in moving some of our applications away from PB towards the .Net area. Currently we are not interested in what PB 11 is offering in the .NET area. We would like to be in a more 'native' .NET environment. Now with that being said , we are in the VERY early stages of using Visual Studio and Datawindow.NET. We have already found some issues with DW.NET 2.5 and VS 2008 that are making it difficult to move forward. So here is my question. What versions of VS and DW.NET actually work well tog...

What's compatible with DW.NET 2.0 and DW.NET 2.5?
The group I work with does nothing but PB applications. Finally there is some interest in moving some of our applications away from PB towards the .Net area. Currently we are not interested in what PB 11 is offering in the .NET area. We would like to be in a more 'native' .NET environment. Now with that being said , we are in the VERY early stages of using Visual Studio and Datawindow.NET. We have already found some issues with DW.NET 2.5 and VS 2008 that are making it difficult to move forward. So here is my question. What versions of VS and DW.NET actually work well tog...

Can not get Pickup Directory... .net can't access metabase maybe??? Need to get working ASAP
I am using 2.0 to try to send an email to the IisPickup directorySystem.Net.Mail.MailMessage message = new System.Net.Mail.MailMessage(test@testing.com, "test@test.com", "Testing " + DateTime.Now.ToString(), "Testing the Mail Drop Folder");System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient client = new System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient("127.0.0.1");client.DeliveryMethod = System.Net.Mail.SmtpDeliveryMethod.PickupDirectoryFromIis; client.Send(message);Example Site : www.andrewworral.com (hit the button)This code worked on our old deployment server but not on our new server.  I s...

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.webservicex.net'
Hi , i gota error weni sued webservice the exception details is given as subject and here a giving the code i hav written i am beginner so pls help me out in this public partial class Weather : System.Web.UI.Page {string City; string Country;StockQuote stock = new StockQuote();  GlobalWeather oObj = new GlobalWeather();   string var;protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {       }protected void btnGo_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {  var= stock.GetQuote("GVK");this.Response.Write("myQuote='" + var ...

Installing .NET 2 causes 'server application anunavailable' on existing .NET 1.1 site
Hi!I have a computer running an ASP.NET 1.1 web site. After installing .net framework 2.0 on the same server I got a 'server application anunavailable' on the ASP1.1 web site. I set the Security settings to 'Everyone' and I temporarily solved the problem.What should I do?Dimitris PapadimitriouSoftware Development Professional If you are running on Windows 2003, they you need to make sure that your V1.1 and V2.0 applications are running in a separate application pool/process.  Otherwise, you will get a load error when the second CLR gets loaded into the same process. Try going into th...

Web resources about - .NET Remoting - Doesn't works in >NET 2 FW ???? !!!!! - asp.net.getting-started