.Net Framework needed on the client side?

Hi,

Do I need to install the .Net Framework to be able to view .aspx files or just need a browser supporting .aspx files?
wannabe

HI

No, u dont need to install the .net framework the browser is enough.
Regards.
0
Noproblem

ASP.NET webforms and controls that you use emit HTML. This is a markup language that a browser understands. So no, a browser is the only thing needed on the client when viewing webapplications built with ASP.NET.
Grz, Kris.

XIII

Do i need a .Net framework on the client side?
Hello all, Can anyone tell me if there is a .Net framework needed on the client side when want to run an ASP .Net web application? Or will it generate plain html that only requires an Internet browser? Or is it dependent on the version of ASP.Net (1.0, 1.1, 2.0?)   Thanks!   AlbertWeeda     There is no need for the .NET framework to be on the client computer to access your web applications.ASP.NET Websites renders into HTML so all your client needs is a HTML web browser.  you don't need it. and it generates plain html that only requires an Intern...

Hello,   I have a ASP.Net web application,written in VB.Net,developed on .Net Framework 1.0 .I am trying to port it on to .Net framework 1.1.   For achieving this,I follow the following steps-   1.Open the project using the .vbproj file. 2.I am prompted with the conversion message "Do you want to convert the solution and all projects to .Net framework  1.1....." 3.I click "Yes" 4.I assume that the project is now converted. 5.I build the project & try to run it. 6.I get the following error -     Server Error in '/Consert.Net' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load type CONsERT.Net.Global'.Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="CONsERT.Net.Global" %> Source File: e:\inetpub\wwwroot\Consert.Net\global.asax    Line: 1 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573   My project includes aspx and vb files, as well as some crystal report files.   Can anyone please help me? This is almost certainly a namespace case issue. I can't believe that you have a namespace CONsERT. The FCL is case sensitive, even if VB.NET isn't, so check all of your namespace declarations,...

Does client machine need .net framework?
 This sounds like a stupid question but I just want to confirm.  If I have a .net 2.0 ASP.NET web application on the server, is it true that the client machine doens't need any .net framework at all?  The client machine just needs a web browser.  I don't know of AJAX or client side mode, or other things would require .net framework on the client machine.Thanks in advance. Since the web application runs on the server, only the server needs to have the .NET Framework installed.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a que...

Client side .Net Framework version
Dearl All,I have got a windows form embedded into a web application which requires .Net Framework 2.0 on the client end.Now my question is that how can I check if the client has .Net Framework installed or not and also which version it is? Thanks  You can check it through javascript from web app. .NET embeds its version information to IE user agent. So, in IE you can check for .NET with window.navigator.userAgent. For example use the following line in JavaScript to detect .NET 2.0: if (window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf(".NET CLR 2.0") != -1) { // some code goes...

Need freeware .NET Documentation Tool for Microsoft .NET Framework
Got a solution fully documated that needed to be taken out and to attached it to the project spec. Any known good free tool suggestion will help. For VS2003 exists the NDocument tool.For other versions have a look at this: http://www.codeplex.com/Sandcastle Hope this helpsIf this post is useful to you, please mark it as answer. ...

Running a .Net Program on a Client Computer Without .Net Framework
If I create a windows application (or a game) written in Visual Basic.Net, is it necessary that the client have the .Net Framework installed? If so... 1) What should I include in the installation package for clients that do not have the .Net Framework? 2) Would installing the .Net Framework on the client machine have any ill effects? 3) Can this be done for clients running Win 95? I assume so right now, though it surely should be possibly for VS.NET to compile to native code, shouldn't it? I'll check this when I re-install VS.NET in a few minutes. 1) dotnetfx.exe - the redis...

Getting Value from Client-side InputBox to .net variable
hi, im doing a login page for our timekeeping. Since there's no msgbox available on asp.net, im doing it dynamically via javascript. How do i Get the value frm a dynamically written javascript (such as inputbox) to a .net variable? here's the logic of my program, user logs in hits the button and sub-routine Login will be fired, if user is late -- call Check_Late Sub, this is whre the client-side script was built -- then after that i wanted to be able to get the value from an inputbox. '// if button login clicked Sub Login(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) .......

running .net framework side by side
Does anyone know how to run the .net framework side by side on the same box? Didn't you already post this?Have you installed both?  That's really about all it takes.  You have to select the version for the app using the ASP.NET tab, and 1,1 apps don't run in 2.0 and vice versa, but it's not really rocket science.  Where are you having problems?JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

Does every client need the .Net Framework? Or just the server? and advice!
Does every client need the .Net Framework for DNN implementation? Or does it just need to be installed on the server (the .Net Framework that is)? I work as a Software Engineer for a large Federal Agency that has many clients not .Net Framework enabled (Installed). The government is VERY, VERY SLOOOOOOOOWWWWW to move on up to stable and superior technology. If it is true that each client needs the framework installed to access and run key features of DNN... am I stuck???? Are there any other options? Are there any free or reasonably priced portals out there with ASP, cold fusion or jsp...

What is the difference between microsoft .net framework and microsoft .net framework SDK
What is the difference between microsoft .net framework and microsoft .net framework SDK. And are the advantages of .net framework sdk over .net framework.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- Hi, the .NET framework is the runtime environment that enables your code to run properly. The SDK is the Software Development Kit which holds code snippets etc for developers to check if it needed (that's my basic interpretation of the SDK). I haven't installed the SDK as I use Visual Studio and the MSDN library...

.NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 2.0
Hi All,            I wana know i have .net framework 2.0 running on my pc with sql server 2005. I wana install .net framework 3.5. My question is that can i keep both the framework on same pc if yes can u tell me the way how can i do this.  The 3.5 version of the framework actually adds to the existing 2.0 framework. after you install 3.5, you will still have 2.0 on your system.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ actually by default and automatilcally when you ...

NET Framework & .NET Framework Software Development Kit??
I know some regular HTML, just enough to get me in trouble if I'm not careful. So basically I am completley new to this stuff. I do some programming here at home for my own use but nothing Web style, my son has suggested this for me as another project to learn on. My question is I have downloaded and installed the 2 files referenced in the subject line. This is the question, is there susposed to be an Editer in there somewhere? If so where if not just say no. I did download WebMatrix and have looked at it. But a 508Mg SDK file surely has something in there. Thanks alot. I'm tring to learn....

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Side by Side Execution of .net v1.1 and .net v2.0
Hi i am new bie to asp.net 2.0.Till date i have been developing projects using VS.Net 1.1 and now i hv decided to upgrade to new version 2.0.Now i want to run and develop my projects using any of the versions as desired.My question is that can i install vs 2.0 without updating the previous version and will i be able to develop and run my applications in any of the versions as desired.i have been known that we can run these versions side by side(i.e. one application can use 1.1 and other 2.0),but can we do side by side development as well(i.e. one application can use 1.1...

Need help converting a C#/.NET method into client-side (javascript) function
Hey Guys, I have implemented an AJAX Toolkit CalendarExtender.  I have a method 'CheckDate' in javascript (followed a tut!) that checks to see if the user selected a date > DateTime.Now(). Well, I have a few other things to check but not sure how to do them in javascript, so I'm hoping someone here can help me.  I mean, i can somewhat convert it but it'll be too mangled, I'd rather learn the right way.  I'm attaching the code and any help will be appreciated.  1 protected string CheckDateErrors(string dateGiven) 2 ...

how to get value from client side script Prompt window to a session var in .net
hi guyz, i hav a problem with getting a value from a client-side inputbox to a session var in .net. is this possible? however, when i click submit button this is the code that's triggered. dim sb as New System.Text.StringBuilder sb.append("<script language=" & """" & "vbscript" & """" & ">") sb.append(vbcrlf) sb.append(vbcrlf) sb.append("do while xLate =" & """" & """") sb.append(vbcrlf) '//prompt window, val...

Side by Side Execution of .net v1.1 and .net v2.0 (continued)
Hi, Dave wrote a previous post that said: "If you are referring to web applications - each Virtual server must specify the framework to run under.  Both can run side-by-side.. but not under the same virtual server (application pool)" That looks fine, but I wonder: Is it just as easy as going to Administrative Tools --> IIS --> Select the virtual directory --> go to the property's ASP.NET tab and then selecting the ASP.NET version? Is there some important information that I need to know before going into this? Are there going to be ANY issues I should be aware of? T...

DW.Net for .Net Compact Framework
Would DW.Net work on Pocket PC or other PDAs with .Net Compact Framework or is there a version planned for it? Thanks. Harshad No, not at this point. The DataWindow engine is still managed code and hasn't been tweaked for PocketPC. PocketBuilder, however, would let you take those same datawindow objects to that platform. On 15 Nov 2004 10:58:32 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote: >Would DW.Net work on Pocket PC or other PDAs with .Net >Compact Framework or is there a version planned for it? > >Thanks. >Harshad Sorry for harping on the same string. Since...

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

Web resources about - .Net Framework needed on the client side? - asp.net.getting-started

How to find which versions of the .NET Framework are installed on a PC
Check the system requirements for a Windows application and you’ll often find it needs some minimum version of Microsoft’s .NET Framework. .NET ...

Frameworks streaming 'Time Spent' EP
by Andrew Sacher photo: Frameworks at Saint Vitus in 2014 (more by Greg Cristman) Gainesville screamo band Frameworks recently released the title ...

Sneak Peek: Leading Innovation Framework
My newest book, Leading Innovation , debuts on Monday. Here’s a sneak peek about implementing innovation as a framework. Innovation doesn’t ...

13 frameworks for mastering machine learning
... way. The trend isn't fueled by cheap cloud environments and ever more powerful GPU hardware alone; it’s also the explosion of frameworks now ...

Int'l groups launch new global framework to eliminate human rabies
... the worst rabies problem. Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) – International organizations launched on Thursday (December 10) a new global framework ...

Node.js Foundation take jurisdiction of Express Web framework
The Node.js Foundation, which has jurisdiction over the popular server-side JavaScript platform, is adding the Express MVC Web framework for ...

Agile Frameworks: Does Anyone Know What A Framework Is?
[Welcome to the first in a series of posts about Agile frameworks. In this series, Cutter consultants in the Agile Product Management & Software ...

AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework
Network World AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework FierceWireless LAS VEGAS—AT&T (NYSE: T) is collaborating ...

The Purpose Of A Brand Framework
Think about NASA. When IsayNASA you might think exploration, innovation, ingenuity.NASA means something. It’s not just what NASA does that provides ...