.NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1

If a .NET application has been developed under .NET Framework 1.0, are there any problems when deploying the application in a system running Framework 1.1?

Please advise.
0
rankine

From my knowledge there is no problem; in .Net back ward compatibility is there!

Sreedhar
http://www.w3coder.org
weblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti
0
sreedhark
9/8/2003 10:17:28 AM
no problem as long as you have the configuration file with all the dll mapping stuff right.
Christian Calderon
Need to work in Classic ASP? then do it the right way with CLASP!
Classic ASP Framework
0
ccalderon
9/8/2003 1:30:37 PM
I don't English.
0
hzk9599
9/8/2003 3:15:03 PM
hi... im using windows xp pro, visual studio.net, and .net framework 1.0.  I recently installed .net framework 1.1 so i have 2 frameworks installed now.  Will my visual studio.net work fine with framework 1.1?  or do i have to upgrade to visual studio 2003 to make it work with framework 1.1?

help on this matter pls.
0
rankine
9/9/2003 4:34:55 AM
Vs.NET 2002 only produces assemblies compatibles with framework 1.0

Vs.NET 2003 only produce assemblies for the framework version 1.1, but you can make them be compatible with Framework 1.0...
To make it short, cach version compiles against an specific version of the framework.
Christian Calderon
Need to work in Classic ASP? then do it the right way with CLASP!
Classic ASP Framework
0
ccalderon

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

Having 1.0 and 1.1 .NET framework on the same machine
Hi: I have two version of .NET installed on my machine (I just recently installed 1.1) and having some problem with some of the applications since I installed 1.1 serive pack 2. My first question is 1. which version of .NET will be running my application old 1.0 or new 1.1 2. how would I know which version of .NET is running my application 3. how can I configure my applications to run against a speccific version. I haven't look much into configuration, may be there are ways you can config your web.config to run against a specific version? Any help would be appreciated Th...

.NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1 #2
I develop apps on a Windows server running Framework 1.1. Initially we had 1.0 installed on our local computers and was later on upgraded to 1.1. When I try to build a component that was made for 1.1, it gives me an error saying that I am using v1.0. When I go to Help -> About in Visual Studio, I see .NET 1.0 listed When I go to Add/Remove programs, I see both .NET 1.0 and .NET 1.1 listed Why is it using 1.0 when 1.1 is installed? Please help. Have you upgraded your version of Visual Studio to VS 2003? You'll need that version to build for Framework 1.1JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC+...

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

Confused! DNN 1.0.10 on .NET 1.0 or 1.1?
What version of ASP.Net should I be running DNN 10.0.1d on? Currently i am running it on 1.0 on both test server and live, but this means that some 3rd party modules will not work and i get the "File or assembly name System, or one of its dependencies, was not found" error.. So what should i be running? can i just swicth over now to 1.1 and all will be fine and dandy? i do not want to have to go into the code and recompile. From the DNN 2.0 documentation i thought this would be the version for .Net 1.1 and that DNN 1.0 was for .Net 1.0 and therefore i should change over t...

.NET 1.0 books and .NET 1.1 books. Does it matter ??
Hello, I want to buy a book that is good to learn asp.net. I have seen some good books on ASP.NET in the book store, but some of them are for .NET 1.0 and not the current 1.1. Does it make that big of a difference if the asp.net book is 1.0 and not 1.1 ???? Someone please help me as I have to do quite a bit of driving to go review and purchase a book. I need to leave in about an hour so if someone know the answer, please respond, asap. Sincerely, Amy Daynou Amy- The changes are small enough that you won't see much, if any difference. This doesn't apply as much if you're ...

best practices to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Well, at least take a look at this doc about running v1.0 and 1.1 side-by-side h...

best method to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Hi, There is an article on this, right on this site. Check this Hope it hel...

Installation of both .net framework 1.0 & 1.1
I've already installed .net Visual Studio 2002 into my server and by installing this it was also installed 1.0 .net framework SDK into my server I have already download the .net framework 1.1 not the SDK pack and installed it to my server.And my problem is that when I'm trying to open an ASP page to my server which have to do with database let's say MS ACCESS database it bring me this error: The page cannot be displayed There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Web resources about - .NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1 - asp.net.getting-started

How to find which versions of the .NET Framework are installed on a PC
Check the system requirements for a Windows application and you’ll often find it needs some minimum version of Microsoft’s .NET Framework. .NET ...

Frameworks releasing 'Time Spent' EP
by Andrew Sacher photo by Shauna Hundeby Gainesville's Frameworks became one of the more promising new bands in the current wave of screamo with ...

Cisco Announces New Skills Framework to Address Evolving Technology
Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, business transformation and network programmability will influence all Cisco Career Certifications.

Int'l groups launch new global framework to eliminate human rabies
... the worst rabies problem. Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) – International organizations launched on Thursday (December 10) a new global framework ...

Agile Frameworks: Does Anyone Know What A Framework Is?
[Welcome to the first in a series of posts about Agile frameworks. In this series, Cutter consultants in the Agile Product Management & Software ...

The Complex Framework Of The UN Climate Talks, Demystified
As COP21 convenes this week in Paris, this data viz breaks down all you need to know about the history, key players, and big decisions. Yesterday, ...

AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework
Network World AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework FierceWireless LAS VEGAS—AT&T (NYSE: T) is collaborating ...

A Framework For How Any Company Can Design Amazing Employee Experiences
Over the past few months I've been working on a series of articles all around the employee experience which I define as being a combination of ...

130-foot Framework tower slated to become the tallest wooden building in the US
Read the rest of 130-foot Framework tower slated to become the tallest wooden building in the US