.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?

I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now?

0
Creascripts

I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.

Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0

"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"
0
javiguillen

Web resources about - .NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0? - asp.net.getting-started

Welcome - Net Objectives Net Objectives - Scrum Agile Training & Agile Development - TDD, Agile Scrum ...
Deliver value to your customers faster. NetObjectives.com is the industry leader in agile scrum training, scrum methodology, lean agile training, ...

經濟通 ET Net- 港股財經基金投資- 免費即時股票報價 HK Free Real Time Stock Quote
Copyright 2012 ET Net Limited. http://www.etnet.com.hk ET Net Limited, HKEx Information Services Limited, its Holding Companies and/or any Subsidiaries ...

.NET Framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the Microsoft technology. For the top-level domain , see .net . For other uses, see .NET . The .NET Framework (pronounced ...

Net loss: First Nations fisheries threatened by climate change, study says
First Nations communities that have fished along Canada’s Pacific coast for thousands of years could have their catches nearly cut in half by ...

WPP, AwesomenessTV Lead $27 Million Investment in Hispanic Video Net Mit
WPP has found another digital video network to cozy up to. Already an investor in Fullscreen, the agency holding company has joined DreamWorks ...

Some Rugrats Will Suit Up for Tonight’s Brooklyn Nets Game
It’s going to be an especially fun time tonight at Barclays Center. The Brooklyn Nets home game against the Portland Trailblazers is doubling ...

Today’s apps gone free: DayGram, Mystery Word Town, Net Status and more
Start a diary, practice spelling, and check on the status of your network devices with todays collection of apps and games. All app prices are ...

Nevada Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Against NV Energy On Net Metering Changes
NV Energy, the Nevada utility benefiting most from recent net metering changes made by the Nevada Public Utilities Commission, will now be a ...

‘Net Zero’ Progress: 8 Years Later And The Military’s Green Energy Plan Is Still ‘Unrealistic’ And ‘Cost ...
‘Net Zero’ Progress: 8 Years Later And The Military’s Green Energy Plan Is Still ‘Unrealistic’ And ‘Cost Prohibitive’

It Will Take So Much Money To Get John Calipari To The NBA, And The Nets Might Have It
The Brooklyn Nets cleaned house yesterday, firing head coach Lionel Hollins and GM Billy King at the same damn time , meaning that it’s once ...