'CreditCard' does not contain a definition for 'GetCreditCardDetails'

In my Confirm.aspx page I am using a method from a dll. In VS 2005 sometimes when I compile my project(web site) in which the dll is a part of the solution it gives me following error,
Confirm.aspx.cs(220): error CS0117: 'CreditCard' does not contain a definition for 'GetCreditCardDetails'

I verified many times that the method exists. To solve the errror I have to remove the dll from the bin and give reference again. Yesterday I deployed the dll and didn't receive any error while compilation. But received error after accessing Confirm.aspx.

Can someone please help me, This is driving me nuts. Thanks in advance.

feed the creative machine
-1
mp417

Do you have another reference "DLL" that may also use that class object and it hasn't been compiled in awhile and therefore contains an older reference to that DLL. If so, it could be over-laying your reference in your current project.

I usually have to compile my DLL project, then compile any other projects that may use it (to make them current) that I will be using in my current project, then compile my current project.

-1
rstepan
6/25/2007 4:44:55 PM

I have 2 dlls in my project. dll1 is referenced by dll2 and dll2 is referenced by all aspx files. This error occurs randonmly whenever I modify anything in dll2.

feed the creative machine
1
mp417
6/25/2007 4:53:01 PM

Does dll1 reference dll2?  If it does, it could be overlaying your dll2 reference in your aspx project. Make sure when you change dll2, you also recompile dll1 before you compile your aspx project.

1
rstepan
6/25/2007 5:37:37 PM

but when I change anything in dll2 do I need to recompile dll1 everytime?

feed the creative machine
1
mp417
6/25/2007 6:22:51 PM

If you are going to be using both of them in your aspx, I would say yes.

You have:

dll1 with dll2 reference

dll2

aspx project with  dll1 and dll2 references

....your project will only have one reference to dll2. Which version of dll2 should it have? If, like you said, you want your project to use the dll2 with the new changes in, then you are running into a compatability issue when dll1 tries to access dll2 from your project. So, yes, you will have to compile dll1 everytime you want to change dll2 and use both within the same project.

But, if you lay out your class object hiarchy properly, the need to re-compile multiple dlls should be minimized.

-1
rstepan

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''

'b'..'a'

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

'double' does not contain a definition for 'Format'
I'm getting an error saying double does not contain a definition for "FORMAT" any ideas... <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls" %> <script language="c#" runat="server"> void Calculate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) { int loanPrincipal = Convert.ToInt32(Request.Form["loanPrincipal"]); int loanTaxes = Convert.ToInt32(Request.Form["loanTaxes"]); int loanInsur...

'or' or 'union'

'Roles' does not contain a definition for 'GetUsersInRole'
 Dear All, I do not know why it happend to my website suddenly!   I did not have any error now it keeps get errors and do not know any definition for Roles!!!! something like this:  if (Roles.IsUserInRole(theUser, "x")) there is blue underline under 'isUserInRole' ??!!!!   Thanks for your helps in advance, Regards, Salma Happy coding........ Hi sali1982, It's really strange that you suddenly get the problem. I think you first need to check whether you've enabled role in web.config. Also, you need to check whether ...

'object' does not contain a definition for 'Reaction'
Hi,,the following code shows the error, 'object' does not contain a definition for 'Reaction' if (objError.Reaction==0) { throw; } plz solve this issue Thanks   Post the code of objError. Looks like reaction is not defind there.ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)...

'type' does not contain a definition for 'length'
Could anybody help me with this, thanks so much //Copyright (C) 2000 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. // Hello1.cs public class Hello1 { int OneToZero(int[] args) { int iCount = 0; for (int i=0; i < args.length ; i++) { if (args[i] == 1) { iCount++; args[i] = 0; } } return iCount; } public static void Main(string[] args) { int[] iArr = {1, 3, 4, 5, 1, 1, 7}; Hello1 test = new Hello1(); int iNumOnes; System.Console.WriteLine("Values of the array: [ "); ...

'_Master' does not contain a definition for 'Context'
 its first time happening to me. i have only one file in my asp.net website. the Master pagethis is the code behind class of this master pagenamespace Asif.Website{    public partial class _Master : System.Web.UI.MasterPage    {                    }}  when i publish this website it reports an error '_Master' does not contain a definition for 'Context' When i remove the "Namespace" and class is without namespace it works fin...

'SiteMap' does not contain a definition for 'CurrentNode'?
Not sure what happens but I can't access all SiteMap's properties. I'm using Ajax-enabled site and applied a Master Page.  What I'm trying to do is change current node title at run time and I saw some posts: SiteMapNode currentNode = SiteMap.CurrentNode.Clone(true);SiteMapNode tempNode = currentNode; tempNode.Title = "xx";tempNode.Description = "xx"; Thanks in advance, Frank   The following is the error message: Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the followin...

Web resources about - 'CreditCard' does not contain a definition for 'GetCreditCardDetails' - asp.net.getting-started