Silverlight tools with Visual Web Designer 2008 or just Visual Studio Standard 2008?

Should Silverlight tools work with Visual Web Designer 2008? It won't install, even though it is Orcas. It says Orcas has to be installed.

 I am trying to play audio for a bunch of songs from my website, and display the lyrics.

 Thanks

---
Bill Ross
http://woundedego.com
0
norisk
8/18/2007 12:55:29 PM
asp.net.futures 1064 articles. 0 followers. Follow

hello.

make sure you've installed beta 2 and are using the corresponding silverlight tools.

--
Regards,
Luis Abreu

Visual Studio 2008 -or- Visual Web Developer Express 2008 -or- SharePoint Designer / Etc.
It's been a while since I actively designed in dot net.  Now it's time to do some serious updating to our website (from dot net 1.1 to 3.5).  I haven't used any of the new design tools but want to be able to take complete advantage of all the new features of v3.5 and the features of development applications. What are the differences between Visual Studio 2008 / Visual Web Developer Express 2008 / SharePoint Designer / Etc. and are there any others I should consider for development?  I just want to settle on a development platform so I can start moving forward...

Which is best for web pages
Which is best to buy to develop aspx web pages. Visual Studio 2008 or Visual web developer 2008? http://forums.asp.net/p/1137916/1824119.aspx#1824119http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx We All move to our original place.Don't forget.Imran Baloch Visual Web Developer of course, because it's free!! visual web developer is build into visual studio. in the free copys the desktop apps and websites are two diffrent pages. if all you are looking to do is to make a page you can download your app on make an install file and host it somwhere. ...

A compatible version of Visual Studio 2008 was not detected on the system. This update is designed for only the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (ENU) product family, and is not compatible with any Expres
 Hello,          I'm trying to install VS2008 SP1 on Vista Ultimate but I receive this error "A compatible version of Visual Studio 2008 was not detected on the system. This update is designed for only the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (ENU) product family, and is not compatible with any Express editions." Either I download the installer from here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FBEE1648-7106-44A7-9649-6D9F6D58056E&displaylang=en) or after downloading the ISO from here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

Can Visual Web Developer 2008 & Visual Studio 2008 run on the same machine?
Can Visual Web Developer 2008 & Visual Studio 2008 run on the same machine?  Machine running Windows VISTA. Looking for simplified text formatting options.  Wondering if both programs can be run (not at the same time) VWD for graphics developer and VSP 2008 for programmers.     Quick answer: I believe you can. Why not try it? zoltac007:VWD for graphics developer Why not Expression? (Which shares the same solutions/projects with VS, to make sharing easier.)Richard We 'tried' VISTA way too early and set our development team back three months.&nb...

Where is Visual Web Developer within Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition?
I have VS2008 Standard Edition installed on a Win XP Home Edition which of course does not have IIS. I've seen in the doc how "Visual Web Developer" is not only free with an "Express Edition" of its own but is good for precisely doing web page development without IIS. Now I am guessing that to do this in Standard Edition one simply has to create web sites using the "File System" (rather than HTTP). That is effectively using "Visual Web Developer" when one is fortunate enough to have the Standard Edition. Asking another way, "where is Visual We...

Visual Studio 2008 +Visual Basic 2008
Hello, I am wondering if I can use Visual Studio 2008 pro to create a project in Visual Basic 2008 for PDAs...? Should it have an option to create a PDA's projects?   Yes, you can create one under New Project --> Visual basic --> Smart Device Project.  Good Luck....

Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express and Visual Basic 2008?
Please can somebody tell me whether Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express or 2005? Also does it include Visual Basic 2008 or 2005? Thank you.VWGolfman  VS2008 installs Sql Server 2005 Express by default. Also, VS2008 installs the new version of VB.Net BUT you can target older runtimes (i.e .Net 1.1, .Net 2, .Net 3) so you can argue that all VB.Net versions are "installed". Thank you Steven VWGolfman...

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

DO I buy visual studio 2008 professional or just Use the Free Visual Web developer Express
I want to develop a website from scratch but will like to know if I should use the free visual web developer express 2008 or buy the visual studio 2008 professional. What does the Visual studio professional offer more than the free version(visual web developer express 2008).  ps. I have tried to make numerous search on the difference but couldn't find one. I need clear and conscise information about the differences. I just want to be sure if I really need to purchase the professional or just use the free version.  Also if I use the visual web developer express now c...

Difference between visual studio 2008 development edition and visual studio 2008 team edition?
i see some menus changed but what is the actual difference The following link has the VS product Comparison chart: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=727bcfb0-b575-47ab-9fd8-4ee067bb3a37&DisplayLang=en In short, Team Suite has tools that are in the Architectute, Database, and Test editions that the Development edition does not have....

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005?
 I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005? where is the option to convert the project to work in vs2005 area? The best way to go about this is to create a new web application by going to:  file -> open -> website -> then select the folder that your website lies in then save the solution as a visual studio 2005 project. but i dont have in save as property, the ability to convert the project to work in visual studio 2005   ok, then lets create a new asp.net web application, then add the existing files from t...

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

Visual Studio 2008 advantages over Visual Web Developer?
What are the advantages of using Visual Studio 2008 over Visual Web Developer?I know I can create windows programs in Visual Studio, but my reason for using it strictly web development.I will basically be building many intranet sites pulling information out of a business system.Are there massive differences in Visual Studio vs Visual web developer that would make me really need the Visual Studio? Thanks in advance for the help!Cavall  I found that comparisonhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vs2008/products/cc149003.aspx Mohamed Abb@s------------------------Please remember to click...