How to get a Windows Server 2008 to run .NET 3.5 AJAX Web Applications

Hi, i'm kinda new to the .NET 3.5 framework.. I just developed a very simple web app using Visual studio 2008 beta2, choosing ASP.NET Futures AJAX. I then added a Web Reference that i call from a Silverlight control.. So far so good: i test it, and it runs locally.. I also have a Windows Server 2008 DataCenter Release candidate version, on which i used to run an ASP.NET 3.0 Web Application, that worked just fine.. But I can't figure out how to run this .net 3.5 Web App on my server: i tried installing the .NET 3.5 Framework on the server, but i still can only deploy 3.0 applications..

 can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance  Paolo

0
paololo32
12/16/2007 9:35:35 AM
asp.net.futures 1064 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Consuming Web service from .net 3.5 web application using ajax
Hi , Before in .net 2005 ,I use to consume the  web service from client side via Ajax and java script. that's just adding web service inside the script manger services.But  it was not possible with .net 2008 version WEB APPLICATION   , Even it works well with .net 2008 web sites. Please help me to solve the issue. I have no idea what you mean. Please post the code that "does not work". NC...   I have the same problem.  I have a .NET 3.5 Web Application not Web Site.  I fully qualify the web service with the namespace i,e,  &n...

Cannot call a web service from java script using ajax in .net 3.5 web applications
As like 2005 .net websites i tried to consume a web service from client side java script  using Ajax script manager in  .net 3.5 (2008) version web application it was not working, Event it works with 3.5 web sites, What i have to do to solve the issue. Thanks in advance Hi, can you create the least amount of code to reproduce it and post it? This gives us the ability to check out your code and better guide you. Also please check out this article: Create a Simple WCF Web Service and Use In JavaScript With Visual Studio 2008 and .Net 3.5.  Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Fire...

Deploy 3.5 web app on .NET 3.0 web server?
Hello,I am considering developing an ASP.NET app in VS 2008 using LINQ.  I know LINQ is .NET 3.5 specific but the IIS6 web server I need to deploy to only has .NET 3.0 installed (and I can't change that).So my question: can I compile and deploy a .NET 3.5 app on a web server with .NET 3.0 on it?  If so, how - and is there any official MSFT documentation? thanks,Justin Try this out it may work, if not you won't be using Linq unless they upgrade. http://linqinaction.net/blogs/main/archive/2007/09/05/linq-support-on-net-2.0.aspx- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful rep...

Windows Server 2008 .NET Framework 3.5
Hi, I just upgraded from windows server 2003 to 2008, all the sites work fine, except for the version of the .NET framework. I installed version 3.5 but in IIS i cannot select this version for my application pools. Every application pool runs on 2.0 version.I double checked the installation of version 3.5 and it was installed successfully.When i want to change the version of the .NET framwork for my app pools the only version that i can select is 2.0 or "no managed code" but 3.5 is not listed.Does someone know what the source of this problem can be.Thanks. Kind regards DriesM ...

Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: Tony Email: Accuscopeathotmaildotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: I have used Firefox for many years but I am not happy with latest version. You can set options such as home page and security and privacy settings but as soon as you close the browser and re start it remembers none of the settings??? Very frustrating! I have re-installed several times and rebooted every time but it always goes back to a default page as though I had just do...

Run .NET 3.5 Web Application on 2.0 Shared Hosting Environment
I have created a .NET Framword 3.5 application and wish to host it with a shared hosting company. The problem I have is that the company does not support .NET Framework 3.5 on their hosting plans only Framework 2.0 IIS Windows hosting.Is there anyway that I can work around this? Any suggestions of how I can get the application to work on this hosting. No way out.You need to convert your code to framework 2.0.If you haven't used much of linq or silverlight that should not be a problem.  Sid heart Any dll's or anything I can include with the project? After using LINQ in it!...

Crystal reports don't run well after Windows Update installs .net 2.0 and .net 3.5
 I have a web reporting application build using VS2003 and Crystal ver 9.5.Everything was working fine until the infrastructure team run the windows 2003 server WINDOWS UPDATE where the new .net 2.0 & .net 3.5 got installed.I started to get CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException: Error in File:crreport5.rpt -The request could not be submittted for background processing.After I restart IIS , the reports start working again but they stop after a while and I have to restart again ...Please, advise.    ...

Can I Run .NET 3.5 Webapplications in Windows Server 2003&IIS6.0
Hello, Got a silly doubt (But sorry to say that, Didn't get proper information while Googling..).. I want to upgrade my .NET 2.0 Webapp to .NET 3.5..  But some of my friends commented that, "we can't run 3.5 Webapps on IIS6.0".. Is that true ? If Yes, Is there any other Work around for that ?? Thanks & Regards, Srikanth.. I hope I'm Clear.. Is it that much of tricky?? Till now 7 views..but no replies ??? Can any body help me plzzzz.. Thanks & Regards, Srikanth No, it is not true.  You can run apps made with the 3.5 framework on II...

Can I deploy a VS 2008 web project on a windows server running .NET framework 2.0
Is it possible for me to deploy a VS 2005 web-project  on a server running .NET 2.0? We have a vendor developed and supported web based e-learning service and was wondering if I can deploy in-house customization on their server. I have VS2008 and VS2003 development environment. Do not want 2003 and not sure of 2008 ?Thanks  In VS2008 select the Project Properties. Within there you will find an advanced option to specify the Target version, select 2.0 and publish.  That was quick. Thanks Curt.I will try this ...

Deploy an Ajax 2.0 net 3.5 web app developed on vista vs2008 to 2003 server
Hi I have an app which works fine in the dev environment on vista. I am trying to deploy it to 2003 server. Just simply adding a deployment project gives a xcopy which errors: Unknown server tag 'asp:ScriptManager'. Can someone please point me to a link which goes through the steps necessary to get the deployment to include the ajax library? thanks Hi ExGliderPilot When we deploy the ASP.NET AJAX website to web server, we need to install the AJAX runtime which names System.Web.Extensions to the production server's GAC, and please take notice of the version of System.Web.Ex...

Web resources about - How to get a Windows Server 2008 to run .NET 3.5 AJAX Web Applications - asp.net.futures

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

Google pushing virtual reality applications
Google has been pushing its R&D into virtual reality applications and is looking to enhance YouTube with the ability to provide virtual reality ...