Extra features in .Net 3.5 over .Net 2.0

Dear All,

Please tell me what is new in .Net 3.5 over .Net 2.0

 Thanks & Regards
erneeraj

0
erneeraj83
9/5/2008 7:30:45 AM
asp.net.futures 1064 articles. 0 followers. Follow

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} ..shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

refer to this;

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/3/2/f32ff4c6-174f-4a2f-a58f-ed28437d7b1e/Introducing_NET_Framework_35_v1.doc

evolution of .net framework.

dakshitha
0
ruckfules
9/5/2008 7:53:27 AM

i hope this will help u

http://www.dotnetcurry.com/ShowArticle.aspx?ID=96&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

http://www.dotnetguts.blogspot.com/2007/07/net-framework-35-new-features.html

Thanks and Regards

Sivaani
**Do not wait for the future to come to you... face the future**

Installation of .Net 2.0 and .Net 3.5
 Hi all, Can i install Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 at the same Operating system.?Plz let me know.. Thanks:Bijaya Kumar SahooRapidsoft Technologies, GurgaonMOSS 2007, Asp.Net,C#.Net,SQL Server,AJAXhttp://fewlines4biju.blogspot.com Yes. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.  Yes , There is no problem. Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like ...

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

.NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 2.0
Hi All,            I wana know i have .net framework 2.0 running on my pc with sql server 2005. I wana install .net framework 3.5. My question is that can i keep both the framework on same pc if yes can u tell me the way how can i do this.  The 3.5 version of the framework actually adds to the existing 2.0 framework. after you install 3.5, you will still have 2.0 on your system.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ actually by default and automatilcally when you ...

Diffrence bet .net 2.0 and .net 3.5
What is diffrence between .net 2.0 and .net 3.5.AzharPirana Dargah  3.5 is an add-on to 2.0 so everything you can do in 2.0 you can do in 3.5, no code changes. 3.5 added support for WPF and WCF so if you don't need those technologies, think of 3.5 as 2.0 with better AJAX support and you're fine."Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side."...

how to revert back to .net 2.0 from .net 3.5?
I have developed a small app in VS2008 and now realize that the hosting company I deal with only has .net 2.0   how can I revert the site back to 2.0? Change the target .NET Framework (from Website property pages/Build section) to .NET 2.0. If you have used 3.5 specific features (both language-specific and .NET Framework classes), you have to change the code too.Mark replies as answers if they helped you solve the problem....

MVC is only for .Net 3.5? Is it not available for .Net 2.0?
Hello. I´m new to MVC and I want to try it.. My fist question is: MVC is only for .Net 3.5? Is it not available for .Net 2.0?Thanks!  You could get it to run on 2.0: http://www.hanselman.com/blog/DeployingASPNETMVCOnASPNET20.aspx, but you would be better advised to get 3.5 SP1.  It is free, after all.  So is Visual Web Developer Express, so you can play with it. Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site ASP.NET MVC distributed assemblies reference System.Core.dll assembly from .NET FW 3.5 so you need .NET FW 3.5 to run ASP.NET MVC.Don't forget to click &qu...

Does DW.Net 2.5 work with .Net 3.0?
Thanks It will work with .NET 3.0 but it uses .NET 2.0 classes. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 12 Sep 2007 10:39:02 -0700, "luiz silva" <luiz.silva@turner.com> wrote: >Thanks > ...

Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5
We have many of our application running in .NET 1.1, and plannig to migrate all one-by-one, i know there will be a big challenge for this activity, What we are planning is not to migrate all in one shot, After migrating one application we will give for some selective users testing once we feel it is OK, do the next. What is best way of doing this thing? Any links, thrid party tools, since opening this in VWD 2005, it is converting the application but many errors are popuping up. Any reference would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance. Hi, Please follow the steps mentioned in this l...

Downloads are for .net 3.5 but all the starter kits are .net 2.0!?!?
I assume I'm missing something, but after downloading the installer for the latest products - web developer, etc, I downloaded some starter kits, dotnetnuke, the soccer club deal, and a couple others. Of course, none of them would compile and some use solutions, which apparently, express doesn't handle. Why are the starter kits here, as resources, if they aren't compatible with the products available on this site? If I'm suppposed to use an older version of studio express, which one and where do I get it?  I think the run time of 3.5 is same as 2.0, because 3.5 buid on...

.Net 2.0 Project Seems to Compile for .Net 3.5
HI,I've ran into a bit of a problem. I've got Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition installed and I'm working on a project with another developer who only has VS2005. More importantly I have .Net 3.5 and .Net 2.0 installed while the other developer only has 2.0.I haven't told the project to compile to 3.5, and I haven't changed references to point new versions of the assemblies.However I'm seeing different functionality to the other developer. For a start HtmlForm.Action can be set for me, it shows up in intellisense and works as expected. However ...

How to upgrade .net 2.0 to .net 3.5 in vs 2008
Hi, I did not upgrade .net2.0 to .net 3.5 when I first open vs 2008. but, I now want to upgrade it to 3.5. can someone tell me how to do it in vs 2008? where can open the wizard window again to upgrade?thanks. Xiuxian      Hi, All you have to do is open the .sln or project file of VS 2005 in VS2008. File > Open > Solution. The VS 2008 Conversion Wizard will ask you to upgrade. HTH,Suprotim Agarwal  ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips I would imagine you could just in...

Web resources about - Extra features in .Net 3.5 over .Net 2.0 - asp.net.futures

Feature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Feature Request: Give Siri access to third-party apps, and (in time) much more
... lent his developer expertise to assist with this piece. Images: apple.com ; livetrainsapp.co.uk ; apple.com ; me; Standard Filed under: Feature ...

Holiday Features Galore (Including Photo Magic) for Facebook Messenger
... to unwrap. Director of product management Peter Martinazzi and product manager Lexy Franklin introduced a host of holiday-themed features for ...

Microsoft Translator gets “conversation” feature, live translation in 7 languages
... Translator is upping its game to compete with Google Translate in the world of travelling companion apps. Their new “conversation” feature looks ...

'60 Minutes' to feature Apple's secret design lab, next-gen Apple Store mockup
Charlie Rose is going deep inside Apple to interview the company's top brass in a special set to include a sneak peek at Apple's "store of the ...

Feature Friday: The NBA Dashboard
This evening, twenty four of the thirty NBA teams will be in action. If you are an NBA fan, keeping track of all that action is not easy. My ...

Democratic debate features question on spouses - Business Insider Deutschland
Is it time to change the role of a president's spouse? candidates were asked.

VLC brings its feature-rich video player to Chrome OS
Considered the Swiss Army Knife video players, VLC is available on a plethora of different mobile and desktop platforms. However, the app has ...

John Wick 2 to feature Laurence Fishburne with Keanu Reeves - EW.com
John Wick 2 to feature Laurence Fishburne with Keanu Reeves - EW.

Windows 10: Best And Worst New Features
Windows 10: Best And Worst New Features