Drag and Drop images onto other images

Hi -
   I'm not sure if anyone has seen the play room on the Wonderful Graffiti site (http://secure.wonderfulgraffiti.com/playRoom/flash/playRoom.php), but it does some cool stuff with being able to move decor around a room, paint walls, etc.  Can that kind of functionality be done using ASP.net/AJAX?  If so, any hints as to where to look to find out more?  Or even a consulting agency that could help with that kind of development?  (Or even what "that kind of development" should properly be called!)  Obviously I'm quite ignorant at this...

Cheers -

CindyLu

0
CindyLu
6/21/2007 7:51:16 PM
asp.net.futures 1064 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Cindy,

This is indeed a wonderful site, and it's implemented with Flash which support more interaction between user and the application.

You man consider SilverLight as an alternative option.

0
Raymond

Would prefer if drag'n'drop in OS X dropped the image; now drops image URI
Name: Gary Product: Firefox Summary: Would prefer if drag'n'drop in OS X dropped the image; now drops image URI Comments: (Mac OS X only) The summary says most of it. When dragging and dropping an image from, for example, Safari to an RTF document in TextEdit, the dragged image is dropped into the document. When doing the same with Firefox, the image URL is dropped instead. I read somewhere that this behavior would be changed in Firefox 1.5 - I just tried it out with Firefox 1.5 RC3, and it hadn't changed. I'm not sure how people generally want this to be...

Drag and drop images on a image control
Hi,  I am developing a photo editor site. My customer has a requirment like, there should an option to drag a picture and drop on the photo editor image place hodler, the drag and drop option should be there for physical file from windows explorer and from the photo album created in the site. How to do drag and drop of a picture on a web form?...

Image in image
Hi, I have a project where clients viewing my website can buy t-shirts. They can choose from a number of t-shirt colors and shapes which are their plain colour. They can also choose a number of prints to be placed on the t-shirt. These will be graphics stored in a database. My problem is on how I can displaty the t-shirt with the graphics or logo they chose on te t-shirt. It would be something like drawing text on an image but instead drawing an existing image on the base image. Any Ideas? (I am using visual studio 2005 and vb.NET)   RegardsMerovingian you 1. You can create a...

image and image
// create an image object, using the filename we just retrieved System.Drawing.Image image = System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(Server.MapPath(file)); // create the actual thumbnail imageSystem.Drawing.Image thumbnailImage = image.GetThumbnailImage(64, 64, new System.Drawing.Image.GetThumbnailImageAbort(ThumbnailCallback), IntPtr.Zero);   now my question is how to display this image in my image1 control in asp.net (version 1.1) the below line of code is not working.  Image1.ImageUrl=thumbnailImage.ToString();Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. Hi, you can save t...

Image on Image
I am trying to display a page that has image of a map on it. The user can then place other images of red thumbtacks on the image at different locations. Then when these thumb tacks are clicked on, they open a folder of pics related to the area. I saw a method in the imageButton class that returns the (x,y) of the location where the user clicked. I thought I could use this information to place another, smaller image button, on that area. My problem is that i can't seem to get the bottom imageButton to be transparent so I can see the smaller one. Am i on the right track with this. Any advi...

Imaging, but not imaging
We multicasted to 43 machines. Updated the image on the master. Multicasted the updated image to 36 machines. (the other 7 wouldn't join the session for some unknown reason). I visually verified that all 36 were imaging. One of the 8 which didn't rename appears to not even have been imaged. The problems with the previous image were still there. It's as though the machine didn't image even though I saw it take part in the session and the temp bar going across the screen. What the heck's going on here? AlaN As a try, what happens if you boot either to PXE ...

Drag and drop should work with images onto dock icons
Name: Dustin Sacks Email: sillysoft.net_at_is.where.i.be Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: Drag and drop should work with images onto dock icons Comments: When using Safari I can drag an image and drop it on the Photoshop icon in my system dock. The file then gets opened in photoshop. I would like this behavior to be supported in Firefox please. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1b2) Gecko/20060821 Firefox/2.0b2 ...

'Write': Drag and drop images in new mail causes errors. Receipient cannot save images.
Name: Harald Boetz Email: herboetz_at_tiscali.nl Product: Thunderbird Summary: 'Write': Drag and drop images in new mail causes errors. Receipient cannot save images. Comments: Using latest version 1.5.0.5., XP Prof, 3GHz CPU/1GB RAM. Drag and drop images in new mail and editing text in between can cause errors. Sometimes, At a certain moment it is not possible to insert more jpg images into a new html message. Sometimes sending the message is not possible (hangs). If the message could be sent after editing another new mail, the receipient cannot save the images by: c...

Drag n Drop javascript works for single image not for images put in Datalist????urgent please reply
Hi,guysi have javascript  for drag n drop image ,that is working perfectly for single image. <style type="text/css"><!--.moveable {             position: absolute;             cursor: move;           }          --></style><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">   var selObj = null;   ...

display image in a image image button
hi   i have to display an image in image button while uploading mycode Image1.ImageUrl = Upload.PostedFile.FileName; is not working thanks Hi You need to save the PostedFile to the disk on the server and then assign it to ImageUrl. Take a look at the following links for more infoprmation on how to do this.  http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/netimageupload.aspx http://www.stardeveloper.com/articles/display.html?article=2003022601&page=1Reza Nassabehwww.professionalcsharp.comDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way ...

how to drag a image to another image in a datalist
Hi i have make a image gallary using data list and i want to drag a image and drop it on another image in a same datalist. mean i want to interchange to images by drag it. how it is possiable. give me the right solution   Thanks      ...

drag and drop images
Sir, I am developing a online photoshop website. In this site i am displaying images of client like below link . http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/scripts/image-slideshow-5/image-slideshow-5.html If any of the photos wants to him, then he can drag the images from display and drop into container. Here container is a collection of dragged images. this is the functionality. How it is possible... Can any one help please. Help full  Examples  http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/scripts/drag-drop-custom/demo-drag-drop-1.html  )Shivakmar Dagam You may be intere...

Drag and Drop Images
Hello. I'm trying to produce the following functionality: I have a big image and I want to drag a smaller image over it. I want to be able to get the coordinates of the smaller images and sent it back to the server. Can anybody help me? Thanks. Sure.  It's functionality in the Futures release, and there's a great article on it at codeproject:  http://www.codeproject.com/Ajax/AtlasDragNDrop.asp  As for sendign the info to the server, consider using the webservice hookups (scriptservice) that are in the online docs....

Drag and Drop images
Name: Tim Sykes Email: thedotartdepartmentatvirgindotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Drag and Drop images Comments: Hi, Only just updated to Firefox 3.0.1. on Mac OSX 10.4.11 With the old Firefox i could drag images off websites and place them into piles on my desktop where my cursor was hovering and when released would rop image at that point. Now with the updated it does not drop images where I would like them, It seperates them out into individual images so I have to then create piles of images as a second step. I buy props for films and need to drag images off sites, keep...

Web resources about - Drag and Drop images onto other images - asp.net.futures

Twist Image
At Twist Image, we connect brands to people and people to brands. Let us show you what we mean.

Wikipedia:WikiProject Images and Media/Photography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This WikiProject 's primary aim is to encourage the contribution and improvement of photographs on Wikipedia. The project seeks to act as a focal ...

Chief White House Photographer shares behind the scenes images he took w/ his iPhone
... some of the beautiful photographs taken with iPhones. Now, the Chief Official White House Photographer has shared a collection of images that ...

Xiaomi Mi5 specs, images and pricing info leak
Update, December 24: Two live images reportedly showing the Xiaomi Mi 5 surfaced in China. The images are actually different from both the images ...

White House Chief Photographer shares beautiful iPhone-captured images
... DSLRs. In a move that, without doubt, indeed supports this viewpoint, the Chief Official White House Photographer has shared a bunch of images ...

Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Plus: Here’s What the Leaked Images Reveal
... than predecessors yet keep the overall design language of the Galaxy S6. Samsung Galaxy S7 renders have almost been confirmed, and the images ...

Virgin Mary image seen on Ga. church window
Rainbow-hued coating on window pane inspires Catholic priest to post on FaceBook

Hugh Jackman Slices Into 12 Days of Deadpool with Saucy Teaser Image - Comic Book Resources
Hugh Jackman Slices Into 12 Days of Deadpool with Saucy Teaser Image - The "Wolverine" star joins Fox's festive celebration, and turns up the ...

EPFL's printing technique hides one image behind the other
Remember those holographic cards that give off different colors when you tilt them a certain way? Well, in the video below the fold, the &Eacute;cole ...

Trump boxing the media: It's how he fashions a fighting image (While enjoying himself)
Toward the end of my third campaign interview with Donald Trump, I finally got a glimpse into why he spends so much time and energy attacking ...