Web Form to Windows Form conversion

Hi,

Has any-one seen a conversion tool from asp.net forms to Windows forms - I have seen one the other way. The users don't like one of the pages on an intranet system of ours. This page contains a grid, text boxes and drop downs for product data entry, they need to use this very quickly and it really needs to post back after each row for business rules validation.
  They don't like IE. flicker, and they also need it to beep if the page is posting back i.e. they shouldn't be entering data at this stage but they do it that quickly they sometimes are not looking at the screen.
I feel this one area of the system should be a windows forms app as we can get by with it being used by only several clients.
   The problem lies in the conversion of the form controls. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated as I would like to salvage as much code as possible.

0
turnerl

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Web Forms or Windows Forms
Hi; I got started a new project for a company's Intranet. This is a test database system which we will use as a pool and put data and update,del,add simply modification operations on.I am learning .NET and implementing this system together I am using web-forms now.Everyone enters their pass and user-name to be able to use the system.But I can implement this system with Windows Forms also.At this case if you were me which form system you would use? Thank you for your replies There are definate advantages to using Web Forms since they do not have to be deployed to each client...

Migrate Window Form to Web Form
Hai  How to convert Window (Visual Basic) Project to ASP.NET Web Project. V can able to convert VB to VB.NET. But i dont know whether VB to ASP.NET is possible Anybody can response this.. Thank Stella.    ...

Converting Windows Form to Web Form
Is it possible to convert a windows form to a web form? I want to convert a VB 6.0 application I worked on for a year(24 forms) to a web application. My plan is to migrate form VB 6.0 to VB .NET and then to ASP.NET Thank u in advance. well an ASP.NET app can do anything that a VB6 app can do, that is for sure :) so it is possible the question is how easy? how well did you keep separate business from user-interface logic? it may be as simple as cuttting/pasting a bunch of methods, and dropping a few visual components to call them. to maintain full compliance with...

call a web form from a window form
Hi all I need help about calling a web form from a window form. i don't know if this is possible but if it possible please give me some help, any kind of help. thanks. Miguel A. Usually you can open any exe from within the windows form, and to do so, you could open the iexplorer.exe and give it the url of the webform to run it. regards.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP would you give me an example? please, tanksMiguel A. please i need some documentation or examples about this.Miguel A....

how to include a windows form in a web form
can sombody tell me how to include a windows form in a web form. what you mean by this....  can expain more about what you are trying to achieve..... The real voyage of discovery consists not in making new landscapes, but in having new eyes Hi, Not very sure by what you mean, but if you want to place a windows form control on a webform, then you can embed a 'Windows Control Library' in a webpage. Check here for a sample. HTH,Suprotim AgarwalASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips  plz check t...

How do you call a windows form from a web form?
hi,  i doing a vb project which include a web form and a windows form.   How do you call a windows form from a web form? can any kind souls plz tell mi haha....my email is EDITED. i appreciate the help   regards kit  EDITED By: longhorn2005 This gives you an idea using VS 2003-- most of it is still relevant:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/01/UserCtrl/---------------------------------------MCP - Web Based Client Development .NET 2.0 I am attempting to do something similar, I have an existing windows form application that I was asked to i...

convert Windows Forms UIs to Web Forms
that If i made an application in vb.net .How i can migrate to asp.netThanks Hi VGTA,There is no automatic wizard that will convert an ASP.NET app to WinForms, or a WinForms app to ASP.NET.  However, a number of the concepts are similar between the two models and you will be able to re-use all of your non-UI specific code.  The broader .NET Framework class library is also the same.Hope this helps,Scott I found a tool with which you can convert Windows Forms to its corresponding Web Form counterparts. http://www.suite4.net/products/form.suite4.net/win-web-forms/default.aspxAnand...

About difference in execution between Windows forms, and web forms?
One interviewer has asked me the following questionHow the execution differs from windows application to web application?Means,How windows forms will be executed?How web forms will be executed?and, what is the difference in execution between them?Ashok kumar  kak_mca wrote:One interviewer has asked me the following questionHow the execution differs from windows application to web application?And what was your answer to that question? Alister  kak_mca wrote:One interviewer has asked me the following questionHow the execution differs from windows application to web applicati...

Hosting Windows Form Components in a Web Form
How can I host a Windows Form Component in a Web Form? ...

Datagrid in a windows form vs. a web form
I am writing a WINDOWS form with a datagrid where i need to run a loop and basically flag every item (containers to be shipped in this case). Now, I've done this with a webform and have had no problems what so ever with it but when it comes to a Windows Form the controls are differnt i.e., namespaces I can't perform the same functions. Here is the sample code from a web form and I was wondering if anyone had any idea how to approach this from a windows form? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 'Insert Shipping Request Information into tblContainer - manifestDocument...

add window form control on web form
i want to add windows from control link label on web from .what should i do?  saurabhiP:i want to add windows from control link label on web from . Windows form controls are for windows application and should not be used on web forms.You want a link label which is the same as a hyperlink in ASP.NET so use that instead.  saurabhiP:i want to add windows from control link label on web from .what should i do?  Hi saurabhiP,Base on my understanding, you want to use windows control to web form. But base on my experience, there are many issues! Check the following l...

Web resources about - Web Form to Windows Form conversion - asp.net.free-for-all

Conversion (law) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Its criminal counterpart is theft . Examples are seen in cases where trees are cut down and the lumber hauled from the land by someone not having ...

Sonny Bill Williams' transformation due to conversion to Islam, Anthony Mundine says
He went from being savaged for walking out on the Bulldogs to becoming one of the world's most respected rugby union stars. Anthony Mundine believes ...

Government report: End ex-gay conversion “therapy” for LGBT youth
... endorsed efforts to ban the practice, which aims to change a person’s sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. “Conversion ...

Tory MP: 'It is time to make gay conversion therapy illegal'
Gay-conversion therapies were debated in the house of parliament this afternoon with one Conservative MP calling for legislation to make them ...

Russian Minister Confirms Plans to Ban Bitcoin-to-Fiat Conversions
Russia's Deputy Finance Minister has confirmed the country's plans to penalise the conversion of cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin into the ruble. ...

This Texas Tech Two-Point Conversion Is A Work Of Art
Every college football play should start like this. Read more...

Advocates back Ohio bill to ban conversion therapy on gay, transgender minors
As a registered nurse and state-licensed social worker, Jody Davis spends much of her time helping others. But as a teen, she was put into conversion ...

5 Ways to Analyze the Path to Conversion
There are many different ways to analyze how a visitor comes to the point of conversion on your website. Over the past month I've been figuring ...

PRO-LIFE CONVERSION Ex-Planned Parenthood clinic reborn in Texas
PRO-LIFE CONVERSION Ex-Planned Parenthood clinic reborn in Texas

LGBT Conversion Therapy Ban Activists Want Federal Action Taken
LGBT conversion therapy ban protests spark heated debate nationwide. In 2014, the Obama administration called for an end to the counseling offered ...