Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition beta VS Visual Studio.net 2003

Is Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta better than Visual Studio.net 2003 ?

HighOnCoding
Wanna get high!
0
azamsharp

in my opinon no.  vs.net 2003 is a released application, and is used for more than just c#.  visual studio whidbey beta is pretty cool except it's a little quirky still.

I swear I can't wait til august.
Kay Lee
MySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragie
Infrastructure Group
MySpace.com

- Code to live, but Live to code.
0
KraGiE
2/20/2005 5:03:35 PM
What are the odds of anything actually being released in august?

0
adwins04
2/20/2005 6:39:38 PM
What are the odds of anything actually being released in august?

Zero.
Is Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta better than Visual Studio.net 2003 ?
Define better. I'm not sure you can compare them because they are different products that run against different framework versions.
Terri

Terri Morton
Engagement Manager, Neudesic

How to ask a question

0
tmorton
2/21/2005 1:28:07 PM
also AFAIK you cannot use it on commercial applications
GO HOKIES!!!
0
Harold
2/22/2005 3:55:41 PM
What I can't figure out is if the Express Editions are going to be free or if there is going to be some minimal cost assocated with them.
View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse Proxy

Only $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005
0
nberardi
2/22/2005 4:04:09 PM
also AFAIK you cannot use it on commercial applications

AFAIK the licensing for the Express products has not yet been announced. Everything I've read, including the FAQ on the Express site ("Visual Web Developer Express Edition is intended for non-professional, hobbyist, and enthusiast developers who want to evaluate or learn how to build ASP.NET 2.0 Web applications.") leads me to believe that statement is correct but I have not seen anything official on this.
What I can't figure out is if the Express Editions are going to be free or if there is going to be some minimal cost assocated with them.
SQL Server Express Edition will be free. The rest of the Express line will not be free but will be available at a very low cost.
Terri

Terri Morton
Engagement Manager, Neudesic

How to ask a question

0
tmorton
2/22/2005 4:43:28 PM
AFAIK the licensing for the Express products has not yet been announced. Everything I've read, including the FAQ on the Express site ("Visual Web Developer Express Edition is intended for non-professional, hobbyist, and enthusiast developers who want to evaluate or learn how to build ASP.NET 2.0 Web applications.") leads me to believe that statement is correct but I have not seen anything official on this.

well while in beta it isn't allowed for production
GO HOKIES!!!
0
Harold
2/22/2005 5:36:59 PM
What is the expected date of release of Whidbey ? (i.e. not Beta, but Release )
0
IndianGuru
2/24/2005 11:03:42 AM
There is no date to hang your hat on.  From what I've read it looks like it will be very late 2Q 2005.

Terri
Terri Morton
Engagement Manager, Neudesic

How to ask a question

0
tmorton
2/24/2005 12:46:07 PM
Actually - I meant very late 3Q 2005 for the anticipated release, sorry.   :-(

Terri
Terri Morton
Engagement Manager, Neudesic

How to ask a question

0
tmorton
2/26/2005 4:02:50 AM
hmmmm, that is faaarrr ahead  :(
0
IndianGuru

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Running Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 on the same machine.
Hi there,   I have many projects i develop and continue to maintain on my server. Visual Studio .NET 2003 is currently installed and is what i use to do this. I'd really like to install Visual Studio 2005 and give that a whirl on the same machine, and perhaps develop upcoming sites with it also.I understand that upon installation of VS 2005 it will install the 2.0 Framework. Will this effect my 1.1 sites at all? Does the 2.0 Framework upgrade the 1.1 framework, or does it leave the 1.1 framework intact so older projects can still use it?Any advice would be welcome! :)Thanks,Cr...

Visual Studio 2005 Pro / Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro ?
Ok I have enough money now to purchase Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro but what do you think guys, is it too late? Do I need to wait til Visual Studio 2005 is officially release? If you suggest me to wait, so I will still use my Visual Studio.NET Pro 60 days trial edition. After the trial reach its limit, I will reformat my HD and install my Windows + Visual Studio Trial again. Yeah this is make me tired but I dont need to spend 600 bucks again for upgrade. or perhaps I will use MSDN Subscription Pro but I hope Visual Studio 2005 Pro will release before my subscription is expired. ...

Visual Studio 2005 vs. Visual Studio 2005 BETA 2
In terms of functionality and features, I was wondering whether there any major differences between Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 Beta2. Thanks From the C# Windows Apps & Web Apps - pecadillos more than anything.  I have several sizeable projects in bothe.g. MDI child/parent Mensu/toolstrips no longer automergesome complaints about rafting property that no longer exists in Windows forms controlsIf it was easy, everybody would be doing it. The primary difference was mainly a lot of bug fixes.  Two areas that we enhanced were website projects and ...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express
Newbie questions....    What is the difference between all this products, i understand now all of them are free of charge, my intention is to build a website, then i do not know if    Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express,  are independent produckts or just some kind of adds to  the last oneI have downloaded visual web developer 2005, and the starter kit, is this all that i need starting to work building my pages or am i missing something else? See the Express Products column in the Visual Studio 2005 Product Lin...

Visual studio 2005 express vs Visual studio 2005 standard or pro
Hi allIm not sure if you will be able to answer my question. Im using express version of visual basic, which has a particular pain in the you no where limitation. I cannot through the database explorer connect to a remote sql express 2005. I no this is a limitation. I have looked at the option of buying Visual studio however I only need the VB module. From what I see you have to buy the whole version, which contains C#, JSP and more. I do not need them. I do not see the point of paying for all the modules but I only use VB. QuestionsCan you buy them seperately.Is there another workaroun...

Web resources about - Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition beta VS Visual Studio.net 2003 - asp.net.free-for-all

The Indian Express: Latest News, Breaking News Live, Current Headlines, India News Online
Indian Express covers latest news from India, all exclusive current headlines and India news live, including latest breaking news on business, ...

Local news, sports, obituaries, classifieds and more - Tallmadge Express
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Gov. Chris Christie, who once famously called himself "the healthiest fat...

Sussex Express
Search continues for boy swept out to sea at... The search has continued today (Monday October 28) for the 14-year-old local boy who was swept ...

Outlook Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mac OS 9 ,, Windows 3.x , Windows NT 3.51 , Windows 95 , Windows NT 4.0 Outlook Express is an email and news client that is included with Internet ...

"I think every person in the United States has a right to an opinion on that, which he can express publicly ...
"And if I have an opinion, I might talk to my wife about it, but I'm not going to talk to you." Said Justice Breyer to ABC's Jonathan Karl , ...

Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin express mutual admiration - Videos - CBS News
There's a "bromance" brewing between Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin. The Russian leader called Trump “bright and talented” ...

Consumers Express Interest in IoT, Concerns Over Privacy
Nearly one-third of those that browse shopping websites make an online purchase using their mobile phone, the survey found.

14-year-old gang-raped by armymen on Howrah-Amritsar Express
A group of inebriated army men allegedly gang-raped a 14-year-old girl on board the Howrah-Amritsar Express after forcing her to drink alcohol, ...

FedEx Express Stores to Be Open, Deliveries to Be Made on Christmas
Some people went to bed irate on Christmas Eve, furious that FedEx did not deliver their packages in time for the holiday. Severe weather in ...

Trump and FDR; What Rule 40 Means; the Tenor of "Changing Lanes"; Amundsen's Polar Express
Good morning, it’s Monday, December 14, 2015. On this date in history, George Washington died at his home in Mount Vernon (1799), Alabama was ...