vb.net windows app with listbox

I have a vb.net windows program that copies files from one directory to another. I have a list box that displays record details such as file name, size load time etc. My issue is that the listbox does not display any of the data until the program is finished running. I would like the listbox to display the status each time an individual file copy is completed. Is there some way to refresh the listbox to show the file copy progress?

 While r.Read

                If FolderExists(FolderPathIncoming) = True Then
                    If FolderExists(FolderPathOutgoning) = True Then
                        If FileExists(FilePathIncoming) = True Then
                            If FileExists(FilePathOutgoing) = True Then
                                UploadMethod = "Copy"
                                SourceSize = FilePropsSource.Length
                                File.Copy(UploadSource & FileName & TheDate & FileType, UploadDestination & FileName & FileType, True)
                                File.Delete(FilePathIncoming)
                                Me.ListBox1.Refresh()

                            Else

                                SourceSize = FilePropsSource.Length
                                UploadMethod = "Move"
                                File.Move(UploadSource & FileName & TheDate & FileType, UploadDestination & FileName & FileType)
                                Me.ListBox1.Refresh()

                            End If
                        End If
                    End If
                End If

                'Populate Listbox report

                With Me.ListBox1.Items

                    If UploadMethod = "" Then UploadMethod = "NA"
                    If SourceSize = "" Then SourceSize = "NA"
                    If FileExists(FilePathOutgoing) = True Then
                        DestinationSize = FileProps.Length
                        CreateTime = FileProps.CreationTime
                    Else
                        DestinationSize = "NA"
                        CreateTime = "NA"
                    End If
                    Counter = Counter + 1
                    .Add("Record # " & Counter)
                    .Add("File Name:          " & FileName)

                    .Add("Load Time:             " & CreateTime)

                    .Add("Source Size:              " & SourceSize)

                    .Add("Dest. Size:                 " & DestinationSize)

                    .Add("Upload Method:         " & UploadMethod)

                    .Add("--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------")

                End With

            End While

Fullyii
0
fullyii

These forums are for ASP.NET (web sites / web applications), not windows applications. You might try your question at the MSDN Forums which deals with Windows Applications written for .NET.
Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~
mbanavige

vb.net and c#.net same app
Been asked before, but... If I build a c# web app and someone builds a vb.net desktop app, can they communicate? and can you develop against it...ie..in my c# web app, can I add the vb.net desktop app as a reference? or at least make calls to it? web apps or desktop apps can contain components created in either language. i have a web solution that contains 4 projects. One of the projects is C# the others are VB.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Thanks...that is what I was looking for ...

VB.NET Data Grid, windows app to web app
Is it possible to make a Web Application Data Grid element with identical functionality as a Windows Application Data Grid? When I run the code as a windows application, it allows me to make direct edits of each database record through the data grid. When I run the code through a browser, however, it only displays the records. This is the code:Any suggestions? Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Dim connstr As String = "data source=SERVER;initial catalog=DB;user id=USER;password=PASSWORD;" Dim sqlStr As String = "SELECT * FROM Users" Dim dt As New DataTable Private Sub btnLoad_Click(B...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003
Hi, i want to upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003.what is the procedure?Uninstall 2002 and Install 2003 or something else? VB.net 2003 includes Framework 1.1 or i will install it separately?thanx in advance ...

VB.Net To C#.Net

About VB.net And VC.net
I am always Programming With VB.net Recently My Teacher ask us to learn Vc or VC.net. I try to learn it and compare it with vb.net, I found it's much too complex than vb. However it is said vc is strongger than vb I want to know Why vc is strongger than vb? and is it hard too learn vc? I am new to asp.net Thanks for man who want to help me! Wuhan, Hubei, China Below links could give some info http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q308470Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti VisualC is not a language in an of itself...

vb .net or c# .net

C#.NET or VB.NET

ANN: VB.NET Forums
Hello Fellow Programmers: Just an announcement the VB.NET Forums moved to the advanced vBulletin 3 software providing a feature rich and enjoyable forum experience. Stop by in your Internet surfing to help others, ask questions, and partake in our VB.NET only community. Visit us in addition to your trips to this great community. http://www.vbdotnetforums.comNeal...

converting vb.net 2003 files to vb.net 2005
Hi, i am beginner..i watch videos about vb.net..they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there any program which convert the code automatically?   thanks,Thanks,Speranza What videos are you talking about?  There are lots of great, up-to-date ASP.NET Videos on this site for free.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! i am talking about learnvisualstudio.net videos..Thanks,Speranza Speranza:they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there a...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Web resources about - vb.net windows app with listbox - asp.net.free-for-all

The Windows Blog

High Court move to extend enrolment window and unlock one million votes
Laws that prevent Australians from enrolling to vote in the weeks leading up to a federal election are set to be challenged in the High Court. ...

Cammeray death: Man dies after allegedly being ‘pushed’ from window - DailyTelegraph Search Search
POLICE have launched a murder investigation into the death of a 44-year-old man who fell to his death from a eighth-floor unit in Sydney’s north ...

Cammeray death: Man dies after allegedly being ‘pushed’ from window
POLICE have launched a murder investigation into the death of a 44-year-old man who fell to his death from a eighth-floor unit in Sydney’s north ...

Windows Phone hacked! Unlock Lumia bootloader, get root access, flash custom ROMs
... probably have many hours of fun playing with an Android device or Raspberry Pi. With that said, Linux is not the only game in town. Windows ...

Street View gives you a window into climate change
... our changing climate, we want to take this opportunity to show you how to explore its impact yourself. With Street View, you can get a window ...

EXCLUSIVE: Calais Trucker’s Close Brush With Death as Migrants Hurl WOODEN STAKE Through Cab Window
A Czech driver passing through Calais has narrowly avoided being killed by immigrants when they hurled a long wooden stake through the window ...

Woman, 80, breaks window to try to free husband from fire
Texas woman focused on saving husband after escaping from house on fire