vb.net and c#.net same app

Been asked before, but...

If I build a c# web app and someone builds a vb.net desktop app, can they communicate? and can you develop against it...ie..in my c# web app, can I add the vb.net desktop app as a reference? or at least make calls to it?
0
mbowles

web apps or desktop apps can contain components created in either language.

i have a web solution that contains 4 projects. One of the projects is C# the others are VB.
Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~
mbanavige
3/7/2004 4:28:12 PM
Thanks...that is what I was looking for and what I thought(though only tried hitting a dll written then added as a ref)

mbowles
3/8/2004 2:41:54 PM
Just a point of clarity, saying "C#.net" is really redundent since C# only runs on the .net managed framework.  (this includes mono, because it is all IL code)
View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse Proxy

Only $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005
0
nberardi
3/10/2004 3:04:40 PM
Also worth noting, in the upcoming Whidbey > Orca release (next generation of Visual Studio .NET) you will be able to compile multiple languages in a single C++ Project. In other words, you could for the sake of example have 5 C# scripts, 2 VB.NET scripts and 1 C++ script and they will all compile into one DLL.
HP
0
humanpixel
3/12/2004 3:26:47 PM
::Also worth noting, in the upcoming Whidbey

Upcoming as in "in more than a year".
Thomas Tomiczek
PowerNodes ApS
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)
---
Building a Website? Try the PowerNodes CMS - http://www.powernodes.com/
0
thona
3/12/2004 4:52:34 PM
I heard that it might ship this year, from a good source.

But I'm not counting on this year
Get ready to blast your energy levels into high gear with Sedgewick Energy Drink. High powered adaptogenic herbs mixed with potent levels of B-vitamins and...

Please disregard the contents of this post.
0
sedgewick
3/12/2004 5:39:47 PM
::I heard that it might ship this year, from a good source.

WHOW.
GREAT.
NOW - come back to reality. And READ.
It was all over the blogs yesterday, and it is official since yesterday.
Whidbey is VS.NET 2005, planned to ship with YUKON in MIT 2005.
It was really all over the place yesterday.

Thomas Tomiczek
PowerNodes ApS
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)
---
Building a Website? Try the PowerNodes CMS - http://www.powernodes.com/
0
thona
3/12/2004 5:46:00 PM
Really?  Well, hopefully they won't be cutting features then :)

::NOW - come back to reality.
sorry can't help you there :P

Get ready to blast your energy levels into high gear with Sedgewick Energy Drink. High powered adaptogenic herbs mixed with potent levels of B-vitamins and...

Please disregard the contents of this post.
0
sedgewick

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

vb .net or c# .net

C#.NET or VB.NET

VB.Net To C#.Net

use of vb.net and c#.net

Converting from vb.net to c#.net
Hello I have recently purchased VBGolds RawDataPrinter which should allow users to print directly to label printers on our network directly from a c# web form.  Unfortunately they only supply vb.net examples and I have need of c#.  The component has been installed on our web server.  This is some code that they have supplied as examples in vb.net   "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >"Head1" runat="server&qu...

Difference Between VB.Net And C#.Net
 hi friends,Please tell me the key difference between the Vb.Net And C#.Net..wheather vb.net supports operator overloading..Thanks & Regards,Pravin Kumar T.   Regards,Pravin Kumar T. pravin_thanusu:Please tell me the key difference between the Vb.Net And C#.Net.. Neither are ASP.NET so you probably want a different forum.  You'll also find your answers at Microsoft.com. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.  >Please tell me the k...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

is it true, that vb.net is a wrapper to c#.net.??
is it true, that vb.net is a wrapper to c#.net.?? can anyone validate that? and if so, what source? Thanx Kamran Sorathia No, it is not true. See this: Programming Languages (Designing Distributed Applications with Visual Studio .NET) http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vsent7/html/vxconProgrammingLanguages.asp These languages are mainly equal, though they do have differences mainly related to what their compiler does and what the corresponding dev team at MS has had in mind when they've though out the features. Both languages have t...

Migrate code from vb.net to C#.net
Hello friends, I had created a web site using visual studio 2005. web site was created using the language vb i.e. VB.net. Now as per the clint requirement I have to migrate all the code in C#. So the question is that is there any tool or any inbuild utility in Visual Stuidio so that we can migrate the site from vb.net to C#.net. Or we have to do it mannually i.e. by changing each and every line of code mannually? Kindly suggest me. Thanks & Regards Girish NehteThanks & RegardsGirish NehteIf This post helps you to solve your problem please mark this as an answer. Hi, at the mome...

Structures in VB.NET > C#.NET
Hello,I have a VB.NET codePublic Structure MyDates    Dim _Title as String    Dim _Date as DateTimeEnd StructureSOME CODE GOES HERE temp = New MyDates()While(myDataReader.Read()) temp._Title = myDataReader.Item("Title")   -------------------------------------------------------------------------I have written this using C#.NET.Here is the code public struct MyDates    {        string _Title;        DateTime _Date;       ...

Web resources about - vb.net and c#.net same app - asp.net.free-for-all

Is There a 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Post Credits Scene?
Fans going to see Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens in theaters tonight and throughout the weekend are surely wondering if they need ...

The U.S. Air Force Will Have Enlisted Pilots For The First Time Since WWII, But They Won't Fly Jets
U.S. Air Force enlisted personnel will be able to fly the remotely-piloted vehicles commonly known as drones, officials announced today. The ...

Heavily Armed Pennsylvania Teen Arrested on Charges of Aiding ISIS
Today federal agents arrested 19-year-old Jalil Ibn Ameer Aziz of Harrisburg, PA on charges of attempting to aid the Islamic State and spreading ...

How Tim Cook created a $25 billion beast of a business in 2015 in a market where Apple used to struggle ...
Historically, Apple products have been the black sheep of the corporate employee world, hidden behind Microsoft's powerful shadow. Then employees ...

WhatsApp back online in Brazil after temporarily block
WhatsApp back online in Brazil after temporarily block

Google Self-Driving Car’s Chris Urmson On California DMV: “Same Old Status Quo”
Yesterday, the California DMV posted a draft of proposed regulations for self-driving vehicles. Obviously, Google was waiting to see what came ...

Strained Relationship Between Baltimore Officers, Public
Tattered relationship between law enforcement in Baltimore and citizens

Microsoft Releases New Windows 10 Mobile Build, Promises Free Upgrades For 8.1 Users In 2016
Two quick hits from the world of Microsoft before you head off and plunge your upper body in eggnog: A new Windows 10 Mobile build is out for ...

Friend of San Bernardino Shooters Charged With Conspiring to Support Terrorism
Enrique Marquez, a friend of San Bernardino attacker Syed Farook, has been charged with multiple terrorism-related charges for his alleged role ...

Look out, Jeff Bezos: Spending bill would undermine development of new rocket engine
Amazon founder Jeff Bezos' plans to build rocket engines for future heavy lift rockets to orbit may be undermined by a provision in the omnibus ...