The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized (Exception in webservice)

 hi

I am trying to invoke web method through console application in C#. The service requires Basic type of authentication in order to access methods in web service.For this I pass credentials to the webservice which consist of username, password and domain. I have added WebReference of the service URL in my console application and create an object(named proxy) of it  The problem , on invoking the web method an exception generated which states The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized .

If i access the web service url in the webservice and pass username and password, the service lists the methods. But in the console application it results into exception.

System.Net.CredentialCache mycredentialCache = new System.Net.CredentialCache();

mycredentialCache.Add(new Uri(proxy.Url), "Basic", new NetworkCredential(Username,Password,"domainname"));

Please help me!!

0
warrior_82

Exception::System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized [:'(]
I am trying access a webservice through my web application but i am getting this error, can you please help me to get rid of this error?  Exception::System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)   at FORIS.TelCRM.RequestManagement.CustomerCare.UI.Requ...

SSRS WebService: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Hi guys, We’re having a login/security problem with the Reporting Services Web Service. We’re calling the SSRS Web Services from an ASP.NET page to fill up a tree view with the list of reports that the user can access. The reporting services server is on Machine A. When I call the page from my local IIS server (LocalHost) everything is working but I soon as I deploy the page on the Web Server (also Machine A) I received this error: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClie...

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized
I am trying access a webservice through my web application but i am getting this error, can you please help me to get rid of this error?  Exception::System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)   at FORIS.TelCRM.RequestManagement.CustomerCare.UI.Requ...

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Hello, I hope you can help me. All Ive been trying to do for the last month is set up a test Web Service but Ive seemed to have run into problems every step of the way; from hardware set ups to authentication setting etc. Okay, I have a Web Service (TestWebService in IIS) that makes a connection to SQL Database. I also have an ASP.Net consumer page (TestWebServiceConsumer in IIS) that displays the content of the database in a GridView on a Button event. Both work fine by themselves, both are set to use ASP.net 2, Annoymonous: IUSR & Intergreated Windows Authentication. Both ar...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Hi,  I am 100% that my USerIS and Password are fine.  But I still get error 401 for the code below.  Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. using System; using System.Drawing; using System.IO; using System.Web; using BREWServer.MapPointService; using System.Collections.Specialized; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; namespace BREWServer { /// <summary> /// Summary description for WebForm1. /// </summary> public class WebForm1 : System.Web.UI.Page { private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) {   RenderServiceSoap renderService = new ...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized
After moving my site to my test server I have this error message on line 4 when trying to use the ReportViewer. When running in VWD it works fine. 1 Dim RptParameters(0) As Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter 2 RptParameters(0) = New Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter("ProjectId", CStr(Session("CurrentProject"))) 3 4 ReportViewer1.ServerReport.SetParameters(RptParameters) 5 ReportViewer1.ServerReport.Refresh()  My web.config is: <authentication mode="Windows"/> <identity impersonate="true"/>  My understanding is that ...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Hi i am having an web application which uses Windows logins, now i have a webservice in which i am using diff methods in it to update my things , but when i am trying to do itis giving me the error like  The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.   I HAVE ALREADY TRIED  IMPERSONATE=TRUE   My code is as shown below::WbsvTimesheet.TimesheetDataSet timesheetDs = new WbsvTimesheet.TimesheetDataSet(); WbsvTimesheet.TimesheetDataSet.HeadersRow headersRow = timesheetDs.Headers.NewHeadersRow(); headersRow.RES_UID = a; //Resource UID for which Resource we ne...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Hi, I now is using asp.net (vbscript) and SQL 2005 Reporting Services. I have create a report from SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio,  on the sql report application is work, but after I plug-into reportviewer show me below message. use Remote mode The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. for Local mode A data source instance has not been supplied for the data source 'databasename'. thk The solution is here http://www.taznetworks.com/rss/2006/03/crm-30-sbe-sql-reporting-error.html and / or here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
I am trying to call a web service but get the following error: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.The weird thing is I can call the web service fine using a nunuit test. When I call the same web service using the same code in the web application it fails. I am using the following code below. MyObject.WebService webService = new MyObject.WebService (); webService.Url = System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["WebServiceUrl"]; webService.PreAuthenticate = true; webService.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; return webService.Retr...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Hello, I got this error on a webform I just created with a reportviwer object The strange thing is theat the user has permissions on the report. Server Error in '/PruebasVs2005' Application. The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.Source Error: An unhandled excepti...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. #2
Hello. Here is my situation. I'm building a client asp.net application that will reside on our DMZ. I have a web service (called "ServiceBus") that acts as a single access point through a single port to our data center. The ServiceBus has methods that do several tasks such as fetching data, running SSRS reports, streaming documents, etc. Everything works fine when testing my client app from within the domain but from the DMZ I get authorization errors (see subject line). The following line of code will get me to the HelloWorld method but any other method that fetches anything ...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. #3
Hello,  I have created a web service and am trying to use it in a Windows application, but when I run my project I get the following error: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.  I've created a virtual directory in IIS and am trying to run it locally. Any thoughts would be great.  Here is my code:  private void Submit1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {Simple1.Trythisout svc1 = new Simple1.Trythisout(); SvcOutput1.Text = svc1.WakeUp(SvcInput1.Text);   } Have you set the virtual directory so that allows anonymous authentication (allow ...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. #2
vs 2005, sql server 2005, report viewer, reporting services, I created a web page in vs 2005 using reportviewer control, calling a remote server report on a sql 2005 reportserver, connecting a sql server 2005 database at another sql server. I was able to view the web page from my local machine as well as viewing the reports directly from reportserver. But when i tried to access the aspx page from the staging web server, I got the above error. I have read the posts here, and tried the following:  If I enble anonymous access to reportserver vitually directory, I got The permission...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized #3
Hi,     I have a report viewer in my web application and when i try to connect to it i get this error: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized The web server and the Sql Server are housed on different machines... But i am having trouble connecting to the report viewer using my application   any help will be appreciated. Regards, Karen    i got it to work... Hey man, You should post the solution insted of "I got it to work....". Your post might be useful to other....Nirav Patelhttp://patelnirav.blogspot.comhttp://niravpat...

Web resources about - The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized (Exception in webservice) - asp.net.free-for-all

A Very Merry Unauthorized Children's Scientology Pageant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , Atlanta 2007 – Philadelphia , Atlanta, Washington, D.C. 2008 – Syracuse , Fort Worth , Cincinnati , Chicago , Phoenix A Very Merry Unauthorized ...

Facebook Blocks Access To Unauthorized Pre-Release Version Of Home
... scheduled release in the Google Play store Friday on selected smartphones , but it seems that Facebook was able to pull the plug on the unauthorized ...

Detecting unauthorized cross-app resource access on OS X
Last week, Luyi Xing, a Ph.D. student from Indiana University Bloomington and his colleagues released a research paper on several vulnerabilities ...

Facebook Has Users Identify Friends In Photos To Verify Accounts, Prevent Unauthorized Access
Facebook users are now better protected from unauthorized password changes and suspicious logins thanks to a new set of security features. The ...

Twitter Blog: Unauthorized Access: An Update
Twitter Blog Unauthorized Access: An Update on Security 811282302648909752 Thursday, April 30, 2009 This week, unauthorized access to Twitter ...

Some authenticated requests result in spurious 401 Unauthorized errors that should be HTTP 500-series ...
A number of authenticated requests to the API that would normally result in a 500-series error condition are currently throwing 401 errors with ...

All sizes - Commerce Committee Hearing on Unauthorized Mystery Telephone Charges - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...

The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story - Trailer - YouTube
Check out the first trailer for Lifetime's look at what happened behind-the-scenes on Saved by the Bell.

Brian Mulroney : The Unauthorized Chapter : the fifth estate : CBC News
CBC's the fifth estate is Canada's premiere investigative journalism series.

File-Sharing Lawsuits Come To Canada: Canipre Identifies 1 Million Unauthorized File-Sharers
A Canadian copyright enforcement group has collected data on one million people who allegedly participated in illegal file-sharing, potentially ...