Run vb.net applications on computers without the net framework

So started a new vb.net project but then i realised, that if vb.net applications only work on computers with the net framework installed i am going to be very limited, there are so many users without it wich means loss of customers.So is it possible to build an vb.net applicaiton that can run on a computer without the netframework??

Free Web Hosting - My asp.net website
0
porov

In order to run an Windows application created for the .NET Framework, the client will need to have the .NET Framework installed. The .NET Framework is part of Windows update, so there's a good chance that many of them have it installed already.

HTH,
Ryan

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
0
StrongTypes
3/25/2006 10:56:31 PM
Not with the recent releases.  I believe the last one where you can develop a "normal" Windows application was VB6.  You can still develop a non-dot-net applications using C++ I believe.  Having said all that, people can download runtime-version of .NET framework or you can incorporate it with your installation package.  Finally, future releases of Windows will all have .NET built-in.
0
jcasp

Running a .Net Program on a Client Computer Without .Net Framework
If I create a windows application (or a game) written in Visual Basic.Net, is it necessary that the client have the .Net Framework installed? If so... 1) What should I include in the installation package for clients that do not have the .Net Framework? 2) Would installing the .Net Framework on the client machine have any ill effects? 3) Can this be done for clients running Win 95? I assume so right now, though it surely should be possibly for VS.NET to compile to native code, shouldn't it? I'll check this when I re-install VS.NET in a few minutes. 1) dotnetfx.exe - the redis...

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

Porting VB.Net application to .Net Framework 1.1
Hello,   I have a ASP.Net web application,written in VB.Net,developed on .Net Framework 1.0 ,which,I am trying to port on to .Net framework 1.1.   For achieving this,I follow the following steps-   1.Open the project using the .vbproj file. 2.I am prompted with the conversion message "Do you want to convert the solution and all projects to .Net framework  1.1....." 3.I click "Yes" 4.I assume that the project is now converted. 5.I build the project & try to run it. 6.I get the following error -     Server Error in '/Consert.Net' Appli...

Is it possible to run .net 3.5sp1 application under .net 2.0 framework?
I have an application with entity framework code, it menas it is developed in .net 3.5 sp1. And I have deployed it to .net 3.5 (NOT sp1) sucessully. What I did is copy dlls into bin folders. Now I need to delpoy it to a .Net 2.0 server. Is there any chance to make it working? I tried the same way, coped all dlls, but I keep getting the error like below.  Any idea? Thank you very much. Server Error in '/' Application. Compiler executable file csc.exe cannot be found. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please...

simple web application created in VB.net(VS.Net) will not run
I tried to run the ASP.net samples created by VB.net. But it doesn't run successfully. For example, I copied VB project folder at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VB\Project. From the web browser I typed http://localhost/VB/Project/Project.aspx Only the text for some LabelControls showed up, not the content Text generated by project.aspx.vb. Does that mean that I didn't set the IIS and ASP.net correct? Can you post the source code for your application. This may make it easier to debug what is going on. Thanks. Glen Kowalski Software Design Engineer / Test Microsoft Corporation This posti...

Can we run a .NET v1.1 application on a machine w/ .NET 2.0 framework?
Hi, We have a pretty sizeable ASP.NET application that we use to run the company. It's written in .net v1.1 and it's currently hosted by a Windows 2000 Server w/ .net framework v1.1. We are now upgrading our network, servers, etc. We will move the app to a Windows 2003 machine w/ .net framework v2.0. Should we expect any problems?Thanks,Sam The Framework versions will install side-by-side instead of one overwriting the other, so you should have no problems.   NC...   I believe that there will be an asp.net tab in the properties of an IIS application where you can pic...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Convert VB.Net application to C#.net
Haican any one help me to convert VB.Net application in this link to C#.net http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=6718&lngWId=10RegardsAnu Palavila  Regards Anu Palavila Use this Free Conversion tool - http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/  ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips Other Code Convertors (convert VB to C# and C# to VB) http://converter.telerik.com/ http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/ http://www.dotnetspider.com...

Integrating the C#.net and VB.net application
Hello All,  I'm trying to integrate the C#.net application and VB.net application.  Can you give me any suggestions of how to merge them.  Thanks in Advance You are probably goign to have to convert one of the applications to the other language at one point.  There are online conversion tools to help http://www.carlosag.net/Tools/CodeTranslator/- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer".Give some of my PWSK modules a try.  Type of application?We All move to our original place.Don't forget.Imran Baloch @weighfield: I d...

VB.NET UltraLite and DataGrid with .NET FrameWork
hi, i need use Ultralite database with Vb.NET in a PDA with Pocket PC 2002 i need asociate Datagrid with a source, this source is a ultralite table what is the best way? i try with this code but don�t work Dim myTable As UltraLite.Table = Connection.GetTable(TablasU) DataGrid1.DataSource = myTable Thanks, Miguel Machado Please visit codeXchange for samples demonstrating the use of a DataGrid with UltraLite. http://ianywhere.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=283 The samples you are looking for are called "UltraLite...

Web resources about - Run vb.net applications on computers without the net framework - asp.net.free-for-all

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers increasing investments in niche products and large-size ...
The China International Touchscreen Exhibition (C-Touch) was recently held in Shenzhen, China, featuring a number of local and international ...

New patent application suggests Nintendo’s NX console is like nothing we’ve seen before
Nintendo has been close-mouthed about its plans for the Nintendo NX, but a recent patent filing may have tipped the company's hand. If so, then ...