Need Help---Deploying VB.NET Application ???

Hi y'all. I need your help in my vb.net application.

I have a VB.NET application, that is ready to deployed on a target pc. The thing is the target pc doesn't have a .NET framework installed, so I try to include a file called "dotnetfxredist_x86.msm" file from the detected dependencies. But when I build the project it causing errors, saying that :

F:\Documents\Visual Studio Projects\Get User IP Address\Get User IP Address.vdproj dotNETFXRedist_x86_enu.msm must not be used to redistribute the .NET Framework.  Please exclude this merge module.

The error saying that I have to exclude the dotnetfxredist_x86.msm file, the thing is I need to include that file because the target pc doesn't have a .net framework, so what I have to do with it, can you help me guys please, I really need your help. Thanks, I appreciate anykind of help.

FYI: I use VISUAL STUDIO.NET 2003

Best regards.

--Please put "Mark as Answer" if I help you solve your problem, Thanks.

"Vanity is my favorite sins" -- John Milton/Satan ( Al Pacino )
0
ryan_r

Sounds like you're deploying a Windows app.

These forums are for ASP.NET (web sites / web applications), not windows applications. You might try your question at the MSDN Forums which deals with Windows Applications written for .NET.

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~
mbanavige
5/23/2008 2:15:42 AM

 Hmm...Ok then, but at least can you tell me what to do with my problems?

Is it the same when you want to install a web application ?

Best regards.

--Please put "Mark as Answer" if I help you solve your problem, Thanks.

"Vanity is my favorite sins" -- John Milton/Satan ( Al Pacino )
0
ryan_r

Need help configuring IIS for PB11 .NET application deployment
What do we need to put in the "Publish Location" of the "Publish" tab for the project ? Also, what do we need to put in the "How application will be installed/launched" section of the "Install/Update" tab ? What's the difference between these two ? Can we use a UNC path in one and a URL in the other, etc. ? Is there any place that clearly describes how to setup IIS 6 for PB11 .NET deployment ? We opened a case with Sybase (Case# 1137-3448).. We were told that the PB11 workstation needed to be be in the same Active Directory doma...

VB.NET Windows Application (accounting program/F&Q/Need help)
Ok, i have some question about the VB.NET Windows Application, something like an accounting program. If say one of my client request me to develop an accounting program, how you charge the client. Some description about the program, have a products detail, can print invoice, mdi design, employees detail, order detail, customer detail, shipping, payment. Can make monthly/day to day/end of the year report. Still need to support text to speed features, instant help features. If only use mS access database,how you charge the client? If use mS access and SQL database,how you charge the c...

Integrating the C#.net and VB.net application
Hello All,  I'm trying to integrate the C#.net application and VB.net application.  Can you give me any suggestions of how to merge them.  Thanks in Advance You are probably goign to have to convert one of the applications to the other language at one point.  There are online conversion tools to help http://www.carlosag.net/Tools/CodeTranslator/- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer".Give some of my PWSK modules a try.  Type of application?We All move to our original place.Don't forget.Imran Baloch @weighfield: I d...

Convert VB.Net application to C#.net
Haican any one help me to convert VB.Net application in this link to C#.net http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=6718&lngWId=10RegardsAnu Palavila  Regards Anu Palavila Use this Free Conversion tool - http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/  ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips Other Code Convertors (convert VB to C# and C# to VB) http://converter.telerik.com/ http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/ http://www.dotnetspider.com...

Deploying .Net application with datawindow .Net objects
Hi I=92ve been testing datawindow .net for our company by building a small working application using the Datawindow .Net tutorial. It works great (both from the VS interface and the compiled solution .exe) and was easy to create. My next test is to try and deploy this application to another machine, which has the .Net (1.1) environment but no Powerbuilder or Visual Studio. I built my solution and placed these files, all in one folder, on this other machine: datawindow.dll datawindow.xml DataWindowInterop.dll MSVCP71.DLL MSVCR71.DLL PBDATA100.dll PBDWN100.DLL PBO10100.D...

Type.GetType does not work in VB.NET but works in C#. VB.NET gurus Please help
Friends,   I am an experienced C# programmer who is working on a VB.NET project now. I am writing different methods covering the following functionalities 1) Take a datareader as input and return an arraylist of class object2) Take an xmlnode (received from a webservice) as input and return an arraylist of class object. The methods are generic methods which take datareader/xmlnode as first parameter and classname (string) as the second parameter. This way it will work trivially. The schema of class object matches with the input (datareader or xmlnode)In C# I used to do th...

I need help in VB.NET
Can someone explain me the objects: public , Private , Protected , Property , Get and set, and how I'm using them and when i'm using them. Thanks :]. you can find useful info from this link: http://www.vbtutor.net/vbtutor.html They didn't real explaint how I am using it and for what... =\ Or I just didn't see it O.o help? These are not objects. public, private and protected are "protection levels", which can be assigned to a class, property or method. Property: A property is a controled way of retrieving and setting values of a class level variable. You u...

I NEED HELP...about vb.net!!!!
  Server Error in '/ShoppingCart' Application. IErrorInfo.GetDescription failed with E_FAIL(0x80004005). Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: IErrorInfo.GetDescription failed with E_FAIL(0x80004005).Source Error: Line 119: Dim dr As OleDbDataReader Line 120: cnn1.Open() Line 121: cmd1.ExecuteNonQuery() Line 122: dr = cmd1.ExecuteRe...

Deploying a Vb.net application.
I am writing a batch Vb.net Application that will run on a server that does not have IIS installed. What needs to be deployed for the Vb.net application to be run....

Linq defaulting to VB.net, need C#.net
Hi All, I have made my database mapping layer in Visual Studio and afterwards realized it wrote everything behind the scenes (in the dbml designer) in VB and not C#.  I tried creating a small dbml and selected C# as the language and it still created a VB designer.  This is the one thing I have left before I publish the ASP 3.5 version and the new mapping layer to production. Any idea's?  I couldn't find anything on the internet about this, Thanks in advance!!!Tim...

Web resources about - Need Help---Deploying VB.NET Application ??? - asp.net.free-for-all

Businesses Deploying Workplace Wellness Programs, With IT Help
The majority of offerings still provide financial incentives for employees and their families to participate in wellness activities, the survey ...

US Deploying 300 Troops to Cameroon to Help Fight Boko Haram
The White House informed Congress today that is has begun to deploy 300 armed U.S. Forces personnel to Cameroon as part of an effort to bolster ...

President Barrack Obama bids Congress’ approval of deploying the Nation’s military to help fight the ...
In the sixth State of the Union, US President, Barrack Obama, vowed to track terrorists down from Pakistan to Paris. He urged the Congress to ...