is design, use cases,UML....etc very useful and highly used in business

is design, use cases,UML....etc very useful and highly used in business to produce high and perfomant results or it mostly a waste of time and money.

Can u please tell me how u look at that before we start coding in C#

Thank you

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me.
0
tutus

Using Using
I have just completed reading a chapter in my book on performance. The books says to speed up performance on your web site you should use the using statement when opening connections. My question is how do you catch errors if you are using this as apposed to a try catch block.thanksBryan  Why would you use it as an alternative to a try/catch statement. Couldn't you just do something like  public void UsingSomeMethod() { try { SomeMethod(); } catch(SomeException e) { /// do something useful }}public void SomeMethod() { using (Something) { ...

When to use ( and when to use ((?
I'm just not getting it. When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is the space after either or both mandatory? For example, I coded this statement: if (( $_ eq $bad_guys_ip )) { more_stuff_here }; Why the two (( in an if? And why does it seem to not work when I miss the space after the ((? Thanx! Mark me as... /Corn-fused|Dense/ > I'm just not getting it. >=20 > When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is > the space after either or both mandatory? >=20 > For example, I coded this sta...

How to use net use?
Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax error message. Thanks in advance. "Beowulf" <who-knows@no-one.com> wrote in message news:9krutk$puu$1@news.grc.com... > Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? > > I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax > error message. what are you trying to do? There are about 50 options to "net use" that do a ton of different thin...

How to use the arguments to use() in the package being used
Howdy,=20 The subject says it all believe it or not :) What I'm trying to figure out is how to pass an argument=20 (pragma I believe is the proper term) to use() and do=20 sonethign in the package based on it. I've looked at CGI.pm source but can't seem to track it down.=20 (Similar idea as to CGIs -oldstyle_urls -newstyel_urls) http://search.cpan.org/~lds/CGI.pm-3.04/CGI.pm#PRAGMAS What I'd like to do is something like this: # for old time's sake we'll just use our favorite module use Foo::Monkey qw(:Foo :Bar -doamazingthings); #then in Foo::Monkey...

High CPU Use, High Memory Use
Name: Paul Herzig Email: paul_a_herzigatraytheondotcom Product: Firefox Summary: High CPU Use, High Memory Use Comments: Well, I've had a chance to use the Preview Release and it appears to suffer the same fate as the b4 beta release. It starts out benign enough - minimal CPU use (<5 pct) with occasional spikes to the 40's (41 tabs open in 4 windows (26/6/3/6). But within 30 min or less, has ramped up to >95pct. This is without doing anything but letting FF be open in the background as I work (same as previously reported) and nothing else. Memory use is at 272M...

how to use business entities in business logic and data access layers when object data source is used?Here is my code can somebody pls help me in using business entities to select,insert ,update and d
Hi, I am new to dot net ,can someone please help me in how to use business entites in dataccesslayer and businesslogiclayer. I should not use dataset instead i should use business entites to get all the links,I am posting my code here,i am posting my business entites and dataaccess layer and business logic layer.Also I have a question regarding event handlers ,how to use that using grid view.Please can any reply as soon as possible.Here is the code:   Business Entities:  namespace UsefulLinkEntity { public class UsefulLinkEntity {public string strdp_Title...

why to use 1)use CGI,2)use Strict ,3)use Carp in script
hi why we r using 1)use CGI, 2)use Strict, 3)use Carp in the begining of script sometimes. What is the use of it.Is the files CGI.pm,Strict.pm,Carp.pm default with PERL. Thnx __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 09:31, supriya devburman wrote: > hi Hi > why we r using > 1)use CGI, We only use CGI when we want to use methods from that module (usually on web pages); see `perldoc CGI` for more information on what you...

When to use/not use ViewState
I'm creating a client app and I'm wondering is it neccessary to enable viewstate for "All" the fields. When should you use viewstate and when should you "NOT" use viewstate. Thanks.Daniel It depends on your requirements. if you dont need to preserve the contents of inputboxes past the initial post then dont turn on viewstate for them. you could take the approach of turning off viewstate for everything, and then turn it back on item by item as you find you need it. It shouldnt just be enabled for everything as it does make the page heavier - especially with ...

To use signatures or not to use?
--001a11c3871a8a8fe2051b7b8b18 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Dear all, Perl now has subroutine signatures. However, they are marked as experimental feature. As I really like it, I'm always tempted to use it. On the other hand, I don't want to wast efforts to something I have to roll back. So, does anyone know the tendency if signatures are going to stay? I'm not looking for the standard "do if you want to do it because TIMTOWTDI" answer, it will not help me. I'm looking for rumors, or eventually an assessment from the people who did the fe...

CodeSmith
Of course it is a matter of preference, but personally I prefer to code our own template and dislike tools like this, like to do a quick poll here to know if many uses it, like to get your feedback on: (1) Do you use CodeSmith? (2) Why yes and why not? Thanks       No, prefer learning on my own.Rod H  >(1) Do you use CodeSmith?No >(2) Why yes and why not?Never had the opportunity!I incidentally use ReSharper from Jetbrains, that helps tremendously - it is like intellisence on steroids. Don't forget to click "...

I used to use Firefox until...
Name: Dan Product: Firefox Summary: I used to use Firefox until... Comments: Firefox takes forever to load now, even the absolute newest version. It has become clunky and everyone I know has moved on to another browser. I prefer Chrome. I suggest adding some sort of configuration optimization tool as well as toolbar/add-on install/hijack prevention. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/1.0.154.53 Safari/525.19 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a re...

FreeAndNil to use or not to use
After reading these debates about FreeAndNil I separated the people into two categories: The first one says: "You should have a perfect design which prohibits errors from happening. So, if you have a perfect design then FreeAndNil is not necessary so you should not use it. If we see FreeAndNil in your code then it means that your design is not perfect." The second one says: "Yes, we agree that we should have a perfect design which prohibits errors from happening and we do our best in order to create a perfect design. However our practice says that it is better ...

To use DNN or not to use?
Hello,I am developing a community web based appication for non-profits and social service agencies in our county, that will be used to provide and track client services in a single datastore.Some built in features that dnn has is what I need, but I need custom tree navigation, list views, edit on the fly, several customized layers for data access, etc.I am familiar with asp.net, but not very familiar with dnn.  I installed  dnn on a friends website but never had time to configure and learn more about it.What are the general rules when deciding when to use dnn and when not...

Web resources about - is design, use cases,UML....etc very useful and highly used in business - asp.net.free-for-all

Business - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Businesses are prevalent in capitalist economies , where most of them are privately owned and provide goods and services to customers for profit. ...

Business BMX DVD premieres Friday
Byron Kutchera and Ian Fleming (my daughter’s longtime boyfriend) are premiering their DVD this Friday. They are having a Facebook event as well. ...

Business Finance News – Business Stock Quotes, Stock Market Today
Business Finance News bringing you ground-breaking stock market quotes and business news related to stock market today.

Business Insider
What You Need To Know

US Business Magazine - Stock Market and Finance News - USA Business Information - Business Review USA ...
x JOIN THE NETWORK Business Leaders Money Matters Technology Apps Cloud Gadget Software Marketing 2.0 Mobile Marketing Social Media Viral Web ...

Business Standard :: Business News,Finance News, World Business, India Stock News, Indian stock market ...
Business Standard, Indias leading business newspaper, provides latest news on stock markets, investing, companies, industry, banking, finance, ...

Fox Business - Business News & Stock Quotes - Saving & Investing
Business news, small business news, business financial news,personal finance, finance trends, finance news, stock market index, stock data, stock ...

Idaho Business Review
The Idaho Business Review is your trusted newspaper for Idaho business news and information. Subscribers enjoy an online database of leads, local ...

Small Business Search Marketing by Matt McGee - SEO Tips & Help for Small Businesses : Small Business ...
SEO and web marketing tips and conversation for the small business owner and webmaster. Matt McGee writes about small business online marketing ...

The Drinks Business
The leading European drinks trade publication; at the forefront of what is happening in the drinks industry, focusing on wine, spirits and beer. ...