I can send email from my site, but I get an error when I try to send a cell phone TM.

From all that I can gather sending a TM is very much the same as sending an email. Only thing that changes is who it is being emailed to. That being said however I keep getting this error:

Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: <'left out for security reasons'@vtext.com> No such user here at System.Net.Mail.Smtp

 Any one know why??

0
chekmate

chekmate:
Any one know why??

Yep.  The account you tried to email to doesn't exist at the server you tried to send it to.  You got the wrong account, the wrong server or both.

Jeff

jeff
4/22/2008 3:53:30 AM

I highly doubt it. I can send TM to my phone from my PC using the same account info. If I am still missing something please let me know.

0
chekmate
4/22/2008 4:14:05 AM

chekmate:
No such user here at System.Net.Mail.Smtp

Does this suggest your answer?  Unless you really have a server named System.Net.Mail.Smtp of course...

Jeff

jeff
4/22/2008 12:52:21 PM

Also check your SMTP logs for the actual transaction responses.

Jeff

jeff
4/22/2008 12:53:45 PM

Well, it looks like it suggest the answer, however when I put in my regular email address in the code it works fine. And when I TM my phone from regular email it works fine.

Dim message As New MailMessage("tim@mycompany.com", "5555555555@vtext.com", "testing", "testing")

Dim mySmtpClient As New SmtpClient("mail.mycompany.org")

0
chekmate
4/22/2008 2:56:09 PM

Did you look at the SMTP logs?

Jeff

jeff
4/22/2008 5:18:31 PM

All I did was copy the error so far. How do I check the logs?

0
chekmate

get a security error - get certificate
This has only happened with one person. In trying to send an email to time warner (not an issue I don't think) when he trys to add his signature he gets 'security error' you do not have a security certficate. Talk about being the wrong error for this one. any ideas? GW7sp2 On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 20:18:51 +0000, mark wrote: > This has only happened with one person. In trying to send an email to > time warner (not an issue I don't think) when he trys to add his signature > he gets 'security error' you do not have a security certficate. Talk >...

WindowsApplication can send email,but WebApplication can't send,and don't show error.
WindowsApplication can send email,but WebApplication can't send,and don't show error. this is code Dim strBody As String = "This is the body..." Dim OLApp As New outlook.Application() Dim msg As outlook.MailItem msg = OLApp.CreateItem(outlook.OlItemType.olMailItem) msg.To = "sbzhong@cclmotors.com" msg.Subject = "Automated e-mail" msg.Body = strBody CType(msg, outlook._MailItem).Send() ...

Trying to send an email and getting an error
Hi Folks,  I have been having a few problems when trying to send an email via an online system i am getting the error:  Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)) This error occurs when i click on the send button. Do any of you have an idea what this may be or have you come across this before??  Also is there an easy way to pick up a users default mail server and use it to send the email as i am dealing with multiple mail servers? Localhost does not work in this instance.  Thanks for any help, Cheers First, al...

Keep getting error while trying to send email
Hi all. Im having problems trying to send SMTP email. I created a button and on click event I ask to send email to me. the SMTP must be authenticated and I did use the authentication on the code. Here is what I did so far: protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e){ System.Net.Mail.MailMessage objEmail = new System.Net.Mail.MailMessage();objEmail.From = new System.Net.Mail.MailAddress("Me <mymail@mymail.com>");objEmail.To.Add("Test1 <mymail@mymail.com>");objEmail.Priority = System.Net.Mail.MailPriority.Normal;objEmail.IsBodyHtml = true;objEmail.Subject = "Test"...

Sending Email through System.Net.Mail is generating errors "Failure Sending mail
hi Sending Email through System.Web.Mail is working fine but System.Net.Mail is generating errors "Failure Sending mail  i treid in all possible ways but did't  pls help in giving a solution thanks & Regards vittal Maybe you can show us some code and post the exact error mesg as well (by looking at the value in ex.tostring)?My HomePage - www.findingsteve.net"It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20: 35 (NIV, Bible)Progress - "Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." Plato System.Web.Ma...

SM 2.0 Can't Get Email, But Can Send Email
I've just installed SeaMonkey 2.0, imported all my old data, and started the new version. I have a couple of problems/questions: 1. I can send email, but when I click on the Get Msgs/Get All New Messages menu item, nothing happens. No status messages in the footer to show any activity, and the messages I can see in my webmail account inbox are not downloaded. If I start the old version it downloads the messages just fine. 2. When I start the email app, no folder is selected, so my Inbox emails don't appear in the right pane until I select the Inbox folder. I used to...

Sending Email with Net.Mail (No Email, no error)
hi,i'm using the system.net.Mail namespace to send an email from my application. when i send, the application does not fire any exception, neither does it send the email to my account.below is the code i'm using  Dim mmailMessage As New Net.Mail.MailMessage Dim mFrom As New Net.Mail.MailAddress(mailFrom) mmailMessage.From = mFrom Dim ll As String = "myname@ourmail.com" mmailMessage.To.Add(ll) mmailMessage.Subject = "Talk Concerns" mmailMessage.Body = "Testing Concerns One Two" Dim ...

I keep getting this message when I try to send emails. I can receive with no problem.
I've checked all my settings and can't find an error?! Sending of message failed. The message could not be sent using SMTP server smtp.mail.yahoo.com for an unknown reason. Please verify that your SMTP server settings are correct and try again, or contact your network administrator. Suggestions please? ST <html> <head> <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"> </head> <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000"> <div class="moz-cite-pre...

How to get rid of warning message "A program is trying to send..." when sending email using Outlook 2007
Hi, How do you find a way to get rid of the warning message "A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf...." when sending an email (using MAPI) using Outlook 2007 from a PowerBuilder application? I would like an email message sent with an attachment automatically without interruption. BusyBeaver There is a setting that your email admin can change to avoid that message. I don't know what it is but I know it exist because we had the same problem years ago. Another option is to ditch mapi and use smtp instead. I just recently changed our syst...

trying to send email getting error Could not access 'CDO.Message'
Im trying to send a newsletter and I have done this before but this is the first time I have come across this error: Could not access 'CDO.Message'   Does anyone have any suggestions in how I could fix this. Hi,there's a dedicated site for emailing from .NET: http://www.systemwebmail.com/. There's also a FAQ over there where questions like these are answered.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

Email gets a send error but still goes into Sent folder. Sometimes successfully sends and sometimes doesn't
The error message we recieve sometimes on an employee's computer when sendi= ng mail reads "An error occured while sending mail. The mail server respond= ed: Resources temporarily unavailable - Please try again later. Please chec= k the message and try again" Thunderbird then proceeds to put the message in the Sent folder after hitti= ng OK, defeating the purpose of the error in my opinion. Whether or not it successfully sends is completely unknown to us unless the= person replies or the person it was emailed to is within our office; howev= er, when sending the email...

Cannot send email but can receive email C012 Error
GroupWise 6.5 SP1 I have a client who cannot send email but can receive email. I have done a structural rebuild on the user db and the post Office db. I have restored a backup db for the use. Everytime the user try sending an email he gets a C012 error code. I found a TID that talk about structural rebuilding on the user db. This did not solve the problem. Any help will be highly appreciated. User has also tried logging from another machine and gets the same error. Also check out the associate message DB. -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author ...

Web resources about - I can send email from my site, but I get an error when I try to send a cell phone TM. - asp.net.free-for-all

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern email operates across the Internet or other computer ...

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
... he had just gotten from Florida conservaDem Patrick Murphy. "Patrick Murphy," the candidate wrote, "believes in sending out bullshit emails ...

Interesting takeaways from Clinton emails - Business Insider Deutschland
... what Clinton's nickname for Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich is? Thomson Reuters The US State Department released on Monday 7,800 pages of emails ...

More Hillary Clinton emails released, several labeled "classified"
Though marked "classified," the State Department says the emails were not labeled as such when Clinton sent or received them

Things get weird when you check your snail mail like your email
What if you obsessively checked your snail mail just like you constantly check your phone for email and social-media updates? This amusing video ...

Some of Clinton's Benghazi-related emails released
NBCNews.com Some of Clinton's Benghazi-related emails released CNN Washington (CNN) An email chain at the center of Republican criticism of ...

Shock Email: Hillary Claimed She ‘Lost A Bunch Of Emails’ When She Switched Blackberries
Shock Email: Hillary Claimed She ‘Lost A Bunch Of Emails’ When She Switched Blackberries

Latest batch of Clinton emails may contain classified intel
The State Department announced on Monday that it will release an email from former-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's private email server ...

What It Was Like To Have A Robot Answer All Of My Emails For A Week
... make the switch permanently, but it's not for the reasons you may think. "How's your story on Smart Reply coming?" asked my editor, via email. ...

GROWING NUMBER: Nearly 1,000 Clinton emails had classified info
GROWING NUMBER: Nearly 1,000 Clinton emails had classified info