converting delphi code to delphi .NET

Hi,

I'm looking at converting quite a bit of old delphi code to delphi .NET .  I'm wondering can it be converted to VB.NET for certain ?  Or perhaps there are some unsupported functions etc in delphi and I should keep the code delphi ?

 There are about 10,000 lines of code.   Anyone brave enough to take an estimate on how long it would take to convert 10,000 lines ?

is going from delphi to delphi.NET smooth ?   Would going to another language cause complications ?

Thanks!

mike123

0
mike123

Mike123,

Sorry I can not help, however, I have the same problem. 20 years of Pascal and Delphi code and NOW I have to make it aspp.net. The only thing I can say is that my investigations tell me that we can do it. Can some one help us Please tell me that I do not have to lear another language at age 56.

0
Oldfield
10/15/2008 11:29:50 AM

  For queries on Delphi see http://www.delphiforums.com/

Should you wish to get advice on conversion effort to VB.NET or C#, please post a new thread.

TATWORTH

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Converting Delphi for Win32 to Delphi .Net(Prism)
Hi, I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to Delphi.net. Part of my code currently goes into a directory and pulls out a random file from this directory and loads the contents of the file for me. This code doesn't seem to work in Delphi.Net. It uses PString and a number of functions in SysUtils that don't seem to be present in Delphi.net's SysUtils file. If anyone can help me please, it would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks, Jonathan Mackey Jonathan Mackey a écrit : > I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to &...

Api to skydrive delphi or delphi.net
Dear Good afternoon ... Does anyone have any idea or some documentation on how to implement or delphi.net via delphi api to access skydrive files. Thank you for your help. ...

delphi.Net Delphi 2005 Project Upgrades?
Our company aquired the software property from another last year. Most of the projects were written in Delphi 2007. We purchased Delphi XE which gave us access to previous versions, including D 2007... all is well. However, 3 projects were written Delphi 2005 for .Net. The VM we received from this company included D2005 but it was licensed from the previous developer. I've contacted Embarcadero about obtaining a copy and or a license+registration for Delphi 2005 and was told this product is no longer available. I'm under the impression Delphi for .Net was abandoned. My qu...

Delphi.NET loading Delphi.Win32 Driver
Hi, What I'm trying to do is marshal an array of cardinal (or integer) back into managed memory from a win32 dll. I know how to pass managed memory into a win32 dll {code} var aa : array of Integer; Buffer : IntPtr; begin SetLength(aa,2); aa[0] := 1; aa[1] := 80; if not Supports(ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)+'Win32_Library\SDK_Driver.Win32.io', TypeOf(IMyFunctions), MyFunctions) then Exit; //loads the driver into memory. MyFunctions contains the method names found in the SDK_Driver. Buffer := Marshal.AllocHGlobal(2 * {Marshal.SystemDefaultC...

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

Delphi 7.0 code convert to delphi XE ...
Hello All, I create an application using Web Server Application then CGI stand alone... In WebModule I add ModuleController component and IWPageProcedure... Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end; procedure TWebModule1.proLogInGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmLogIn.Create(AWebA...

Convert a Win32 to Delphi .NET in D2006
The win32 app is a D2006 app as well. How do I convert it to be a Delphi .NET app short of recreating the forms and copy/pasting code? Is there a conversion tool in Delphi to do this? I would think with VCL .NET there would be a way to change the target project type. -- Don Gollahon Don Gollahon wrote: > The win32 app is a D2006 app as well. How do I convert it to be a > Delphi .NET app short of recreating the forms and copy/pasting code? > Is there a conversion tool in Delphi to do this? > > I would think with VCL .NET there would be a way to change the...

from .net to delphi
I have a working app in .net using the remote desktop activex. I imported it into Delphi and try to access it. So far w.o. luck. I'm trying to conver the following code: IMsTscNonScriptable secured = (IMsTscNonScriptable)rdp.GetOcx(); secured.ClearTextPassword = txtPassword.Text; rdp.Connect(); The problem is that IMsTscNonScriptable is declared in Delphi as: IMsTscNonScriptable = interface(IUnknown) ['{C1E6743A-41C1-4A74-832A-0DD06C1C7A0E}'] function Set_ClearTextPassword(const Param1: WideString): HResult; stdcall; Also the GetOcx() is not a member...

converting delphi 2007 code to delphi XE2 -- emptyparam problem
Hi, I am trying to convert my applicantion code from delphi 2007 to delphi XE2 and i got stuck in this error "[DCC Error] ADODB_TLB.pas(4888): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical". This happens when we use emptyparam as an argument in a function that wants an olevariant. Example: function TAcadDatabase.CopyObjects(Objects: OleVariant): OleVariant; begin Result := DefaultInterface.CopyObjects(Objects, EmptyParam, EmptyParam); //this is where we get the ERROR end; The coyobjects function as this signature: " function CopyObjects(Object...

Delphi 2005
Hello, does anybody know where to find a code-sample or tutorial for DELPHI 2005 and ASA 9 ? I want to build Web applications with DELPHI 2005.NET (ASP.NET) and I'm a bit confused with the terms: ADO.NET, BDP.NET,.... Is it possible to use BDP.NET components to access the excellent SQLAnywhere 9 ? Thanks Thomas Em, 18/04/2005 09:08, Thomas Auer escreveu > Hello, > > does anybody know where to find a code-sample or tutorial for DELPHI 2005 > and ASA 9 ? > I want to build Web applications with DELPHI 2005.NET (ASP.NET) and I'm a > bit...

Web resources about - converting delphi code to delphi .NET - asp.net.free-for-all