convert java web app 2 .NET web app

Hi,

i am able to convert java console app to .NET console app.
but i am unable to convert java web based application to .NET web based application.

can u give me some idea as to how to convert that.

Thanks in advance,
nizam.

0
nizamforum2

I believe the technical phrase is.. rtfm?  lol.  you're going to have to do it the hard way.  JSP operates on a different theory of web development than asp.net/asp.net 2.0

Kay Lee
MySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragie
Infrastructure Group
MySpace.com

- Code to live, but Live to code.
0
KraGiE
2/28/2006 7:40:40 AM

Try these two links for sample code and free book from Microsoft, I have the book in the second link the C# Using statement are not standard but it is a place to start.  Hope this helps.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/java/interop/default.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5fba8e7a-b896-4e5f-b3c0-fcf7ff1b9d29&displaylang=en

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0
Caddre

Sharing cookie between .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 web app
I have two servers A and B.  A hosts .NET 1.1 web apps, while B hosts .NET 2.0 web apps.  I have a common login page written in .NET 2.0 (thus it's on server B).  In order to share the cookie, I set the machine key attributes (validation and encryption) of all apps to the same keys, and set all .NET 2.0 web apps to use decryption="3DES".  But for some reasons, my .NET 1.1 still cannot read the cookie generated by the .NET 2.0 login page.  Anyone has similar problem before?  Am I missing anything? Thanks. WenWen I am afraid you can only share t...

Bits of a .NET 1 web app crash on a server running both .NET 1 and 2
We have a a win2003 server with running mostly .NET 2 web applications but one .NET 1 project. We quickly realised after initial upload of the .NET 1 application that the two versions of .NET would have to run in separate application pools. So I set one up called DOTNET1, assigned my app to it and everything seemed to run swimmingly.  Then yesterday a client rang up to say that a single page of the site wasn't working, although the rest seemed fine when I checked. Then today they rang up again and said a different page wasn't working. Both times it showed me an page sugges...

.DLL compiled with .NET 1.1 to be used in Web app done in .NET 2.0
Hi all,If I have a bunch of business objects that where compiled in .NET version 1.1, would it be possible for my ASP.NET (done in .NET 2.0) application to pick up these objects (.dll file) and start to use them?(Would be great if some-one could provide some form of documentation on this)ThanksTryst Hi Tryst, This should work fine.  In general, you can use V1.1 assemblies with V2.0 applications.  The reverse, though, is not true. Hope this helps, Scott ok, cool.ThanksTryst Comparative study on VS .Net 2003 and VS.Net 2005 .Net Framework versions used are ver...

Web Apps vs. Web Sites (was: Universal Navigation for Web Apps)
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Justin D'Arcangelo <justindarc@gmail.com>wrote: > there needs to be a differentiation between > web sites and web *apps*. > While we might be able to describe characteristics that conceptually separate a "web site" from a "web app", I think in reality they will exist on a continuum. Chris Jones is right that we need more data from actual app developers on this, but I can provide some anecdotal evidence by telling the story of a web app I worked on which got listed in a web app store. I worked on a web-b...

Deploying PowerBuilder client/server app as .NET Web app
Hi when I deploy Client/Server(stand alone) PowerBuilder application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not even getting any error messages. --Deploy--- Checking IIS Server... Generating .NET assembly file... Deploy failed. Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web application. It has successfully created and deployed as shown below. ---------- Deploy: Deploy of p_pbtutor_webform2 (1:50:39 PM) Checking IIS server... Generating .NET assembly file... Generating PBD files... Copying to IIS server... Deploy succeeded. ---------- Finished Deploy of p_pbt...

Run Vb.net Web app using Web Harpoon
Does anyone know what Begin Tag and End Tag to use to run a VB.Net web App in Web Harpoon? We are experiencing errors trying to run the app. Error --> The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted Thanks,   Erik...

VB.NET Data Grid, windows app to web app
Is it possible to make a Web Application Data Grid element with identical functionality as a Windows Application Data Grid? When I run the code as a windows application, it allows me to make direct edits of each database record through the data grid. When I run the code through a browser, however, it only displays the records. This is the code:Any suggestions? Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Dim connstr As String = "data source=SERVER;initial catalog=DB;user id=USER;password=PASSWORD;" Dim sqlStr As String = "SELECT * FROM Users" Dim dt As New DataTable Private Sub btnLoad_Click(B...

converting PowerBuilder app to .NET web forms
Hello Version 11.1 build 8123/sql server. We access PowerBuilder through SoftGrid. We are planning on converting our pb apps to .net web forms. We need IIS on our development server. We cannot have IIS installed on our desktops. How would I go about explaining to our IT dept how we need IIS installed for us to proceed with .NET? Second Question: We also need the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. Is this also something that would typically be installed on individual desktops? any help would be greatly appreciated Sincerely Tony With 11.1, you have the option of deploying to an...

convert vb.net to C# web App
Wat is the easiest way to convert VB.Net Window application to C# Web Application I recommend this website, as I've used it countless time and it seems to delivery. http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Check out http://www.dgwebit.co.uk I recommend this website, as I've used it countless times and it seems to delivery. http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/Please remember to click ...

How to use a web user control from one web app in another web app?
I have a production web app project (at work) that has custom web user controls in it.I have another web app project for experimenting and I want to use some web controls from the production web app. The big trick is that I need to load the controls dynamically.LoadControl() doesn't seem to work - it complains about loading controls from a different application. I also tried adding a project reference to the production web app and using "UC1 newUC = new UC1();" and then "this.Controls.Add(newUC);", but the controls (like TextBoxes) on the web user control don't seem to exist on the new UC1s....

Deploying VS.NET 2005 Crystal on a Web Server for Web App
Can someone confirm when/where the Crystal for VS.NET 2005 Merge Modules will be available?Secondarily.. I am wanting to deploy to a web server and with VS.NET 2003 v (and VS.NET 2002 version), I had to use the merge modules to be able to enter in our product key otherwise we had licensing issues.I just read a post that seemed to imply that this may not be needed with VS.NET 2005 version.. is that so?I am able to create a installation package by choosing Crystal as a prerequisite in the VS.NET 2005 setup project, but that seems more like the thing we would do if we were shipping out a WinFor...

.net 2 virtual app login still uses root parent app for .net membership
 Hi, I  have a folder on a primary site that I want to have its own separate login. In aspnet membership - the appllication name will be unique, as will be the users. I edited the parent web config and set all the appsetting, connectionstring, system.web and system.net sections to have enclosing location tags as shown below <location inheritInChildApplications="false">  So that those sections would not be inherited by the child folder/virtual directory.  Then I was able to put a separate web config, with its own connection string and .net me...

Regular web app or Mobile web app.
Im targeting PocketPCs only (w/PocketIE). I changed the web.config to cookieless="true" and placed buttons with events. Im getting the postbacks and everything looks good so far... Can we just use this intead of the mobile web app project? Whats the difference? Duke You can use either a regular Web app or a mobile app, presuming you are targeting ONLY Pocket IE. Pocket IE accepts HTML.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog...

Web resources about - convert java web app 2 .NET web app - asp.net.free-for-all

List of converts to Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

$100 device converts all your film to digital photos
... still on film negatives. Today, we've got the perfect Amazon Cyber Week deal for you: A Wolverine F2D Mighty 20MP 7-in-1 Film to Digital Converter ...

"ISIS 'ranks' the women, considering foreign women and converts to be especially 'valuable.' "
"According to French journalist Anna Erelle’s recent exposé , ISIS foreign fighters prefer foreign women and converts because the jihadists find ...