C#.NET or VB.NET

what lang does everyone prefer?

Thanks,
Peter Iuvara, MCP
0
psinyc

It's a very famous debatable question in forums! I would say if you are from Java/C/C++, then C# would be easy to use for you. If you are from ASP/VB, then VB.NET would be easy for you!

As long as if you follow CLS, then what ever the language you use, it's going to be the same for CLR!
Sreedhar
http://www.w3coder.org
weblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti
0
sreedhark
10/18/2004 12:12:28 AM
I would agree with that ... just curious as to what user's on this forum predominantly code in?
Thanks,
Peter Iuvara, MCP
0
psinyc
10/18/2004 6:44:40 PM
I came from no real programming background, started in VB.NET for a while but moved over to c# which i use almost all the time now
Dave Legg
0
imleggy
10/18/2004 7:33:23 PM
VB.Net, i hate having to put a ; after everything, and declaring the datatype before the variable, drives me nutzz...

basically, i code in vb.net cause i like to give my right pinky a rest.
0
Renevo

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

VB.Net To C#.Net

vb .net or c# .net

use of vb.net and c#.net

Converting from vb.net to c#.net
Hello I have recently purchased VBGolds RawDataPrinter which should allow users to print directly to label printers on our network directly from a c# web form.  Unfortunately they only supply vb.net examples and I have need of c#.  The component has been installed on our web server.  This is some code that they have supplied as examples in vb.net   "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >"Head1" runat="server&qu...

Difference Between VB.Net And C#.Net
 hi friends,Please tell me the key difference between the Vb.Net And C#.Net..wheather vb.net supports operator overloading..Thanks & Regards,Pravin Kumar T.   Regards,Pravin Kumar T. pravin_thanusu:Please tell me the key difference between the Vb.Net And C#.Net.. Neither are ASP.NET so you probably want a different forum.  You'll also find your answers at Microsoft.com. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.  >Please tell me the k...

vb.net and c#.net same app
Been asked before, but... If I build a c# web app and someone builds a vb.net desktop app, can they communicate? and can you develop against it...ie..in my c# web app, can I add the vb.net desktop app as a reference? or at least make calls to it? web apps or desktop apps can contain components created in either language. i have a web solution that contains 4 projects. One of the projects is C# the others are VB.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Thanks...that is what I was looking for ...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Migrate code from vb.net to C#.net
Hello friends, I had created a web site using visual studio 2005. web site was created using the language vb i.e. VB.net. Now as per the clint requirement I have to migrate all the code in C#. So the question is that is there any tool or any inbuild utility in Visual Stuidio so that we can migrate the site from vb.net to C#.net. Or we have to do it mannually i.e. by changing each and every line of code mannually? Kindly suggest me. Thanks & Regards Girish NehteThanks & RegardsGirish NehteIf This post helps you to solve your problem please mark this as an answer. Hi, at the mome...

Structures in VB.NET > C#.NET
Hello,I have a VB.NET codePublic Structure MyDates    Dim _Title as String    Dim _Date as DateTimeEnd StructureSOME CODE GOES HERE temp = New MyDates()While(myDataReader.Read()) temp._Title = myDataReader.Item("Title")   -------------------------------------------------------------------------I have written this using C#.NET.Here is the code public struct MyDates    {        string _Title;        DateTime _Date;       ...

convert c#.net page to vb.net
ok I have an entire page in vb.net and now I want to integrate some code from another page but it written in c#.net what is the easiest way to convert c#.net to vb.net I tried using www.kamalpatel.net/ConvertCSharp2VB.aspx but it only gave me errors here is what I am trying to convert let me know if you have any ideas http://www.nomorepasting.com/paste.php?pasteID=20953 With Alex Lowe's translator ' Messages Private NoFileMessage As String = "No file selected" Private UploadSuccessMessage As String = "Uploaded Sucess" Private NoImagesMessag...

Web resources about - C#.NET or VB.NET - asp.net.free-for-all

Welcome - Net Objectives Net Objectives - Scrum Agile Training & Agile Development - TDD, Agile Scrum ...
Deliver value to your customers faster. NetObjectives.com is the industry leader in agile scrum training, scrum methodology, lean agile training, ...

經濟通 ET Net- 港股財經基金投資- 免費即時股票報價 HK Free Real Time Stock Quote
Copyright 2012 ET Net Limited. http://www.etnet.com.hk ET Net Limited, HKEx Information Services Limited, its Holding Companies and/or any Subsidiaries ...

Net income - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Net income can be distributed among holders of common stock as a dividend or held by the firm as an addition to retained earnings . As profit ...

Net loss: First Nations fisheries threatened by climate change, study says
First Nations communities that have fished along Canada’s Pacific coast for thousands of years could have their catches nearly cut in half by ...

WPP, AwesomenessTV Lead $27 Million Investment in Hispanic Video Net Mit
WPP has found another digital video network to cozy up to. Already an investor in Fullscreen, the agency holding company has joined DreamWorks ...

Some Rugrats Will Suit Up for Tonight’s Brooklyn Nets Game
It’s going to be an especially fun time tonight at Barclays Center. The Brooklyn Nets home game against the Portland Trailblazers is doubling ...

Today’s apps gone free: DayGram, Mystery Word Town, Net Status and more
Start a diary, practice spelling, and check on the status of your network devices with todays collection of apps and games. All app prices are ...

Black Hole Forms On Solar Net Metering In Nevada
... states in the country with a black hole? Absolutely, if you happen to be a distributed energy [&hellip Black Hole Forms On Solar Net Metering ...

‘Net Zero’ Progress: 8 Years Later And The Military’s Green Energy Plan Is Still ‘Unrealistic’ And ‘Cost ...
‘Net Zero’ Progress: 8 Years Later And The Military’s Green Energy Plan Is Still ‘Unrealistic’ And ‘Cost Prohibitive’

It Will Take So Much Money To Get John Calipari To The NBA, And The Nets Might Have It
The Brooklyn Nets cleaned house yesterday, firing head coach Lionel Hollins and GM Billy King at the same damn time , meaning that it’s once ...