ADO Timeout?

Anybody knows if I can change the default ADO timeout on the windows registry?

 Thanks!

"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"
0
javiguillen

ADO or ADO.NET?  Command timeout? Connection timeout? Why the registry??  Why not where it's being used?

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting
5/17/2007 6:03:16 PM

ADO,   not ADO.NET.  The reason we want to use the regsitry in this case is because this is a legacy VB6 application that we do not want to recompile and redeploy again. We just want to override the value on the production computer without having to change the executable.

 Anybody knows?

"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"
0
javiguillen

Does .NET map calls for ADO to ADO.NET?
Hello,We are trying to troubleshoot some DB problems from COM objects that call ADO. I heard that when ADO is loaded inside of a COM object by a .NET app, that .NET intercepts the call and re-maps those calls over to ADO.NET. This seems untrue to me, given the nature of ADO.NET being a totally separate technology.Does anyone know for sure whether this does or does not occur?The problem we are seeing is actually almost identical in symptoms to this:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/230101"FIX: Data Queries Sporadically Return Empty Recordsets" Literally, this is what...

ADO in VB6 vs ADO.NET in VB.NET
I am writing a database interface and I would like to know whether a VB6 interface using ADO or a VB.NET interface using ADO.NET would be faster in terms of just performing database operations. Is there an explanation for this, and what is the magnitude of the difference? Thanks in advance!...

ADO to ADO.NET
I'm an ASP programmer (VBScript) moving on to ASP.NET. So far I'm using:Microsoft Visual Studio 2003ASP.NET with C#I'm working on converting my code over to C#, from VBScript. Now, here is my code in VBScript (modified to better understand it, this is a edited ugly version):Function ExecuteSQL(sqlStatement)    ConnDriver = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source = " & dbIP & "; Initial Catalog = " & dbName & "; User Id = " & dbUser & "; Password=" & dbPassword     Set connTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")    c...

ADO not ADO.NET
Hi, I have to connect to a db using adodb (which i select from the references). I have to retrieve the car models from the database and bind them to a listbox. I am not sure how to proceed and I can't find any articles on ADO with .net and data binding. Here is the code that i tried but it only retrieves the car model for the specified id. If I delete the id it doesn't work. Also it writes the car model in the listbox vertically such as: B M W CODE: Imports System.Data Imports ADODB Imports System.Data.OleDb Public Class listboxADO Inherits System.Web.UI...

ADO.NET Visual Studio 2005 Install Help!, ADO.NET Missing
 Hi everyoneI have a real annoying problem, I have installed Visual Studio 2005 with C#,C++,Web Applications.. Before I installed VS2005 I made sure I had all the .Net Download from 1.1 to 3.5 with the Service Packs, I also Installed a VS2005 Patch that was around 430mb. I have tried this on 3 computers, two of XP and 1 vista.I need ADO.NET Functionality, When I choose to create a Web Application in C#, I require the ADO.NET Entity Data Model as it will allow for a graphical interaction with a SQL db. However When I Choose Add New Item in Solution explorer there is no ENtity Mode...

Opinions about ADO and ADO.NET
Hi everyone again!!! I´m used to develope applications with ADO, but now with .NET to develope a Web Application and a Mobile Web Application, I don't know if I have to use ADO.NET or continue using ADO. What Disadvantages has ADO to built Mobile Applications? In ADO I use ACCESS to create the .mdb files, Can I use .mdb files with ADO.NET? Thanks for all!! Go to ADO.NET NOW ! don't be late and you can use access in ado.net ADO.NET VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/Oracle Designer 6i DotNet4Arab.com Building a custom web control(vb.net) Well, Thanks for your opinion, but I have...

ado.net or/and datawindow.net
Hi, Can datawindow.net work with Sybase's ado.net or are they not compatible with each other. We have two separate groups of developers, one group develops web apps using ASE as the back end for the data, so they use a combination of Visual Studio ..NET and Sybase's ado.net to do their work. We have another group that develops client/server apps using Powerbuilder, but since 80% of their work is in writting reports using Powerbuilder, I was wondering if they could use a combination of datawindow.net and ado.net to put make these reports available on the web through ...

Converting ADO to ADO.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert this code from ADO to ADO.NET I am very new to ADO.NET and am a bit confused on how I would convert this. Basically what I am trying to do is capture the name of the fields of a table to populate a dropdownlistbox. The table name will change every time the program is run. This is not a problem and I can code for that. Here is what I have in ADO (I have tried the wizard but it did not change the code) Dim tblFields As Object Dim myRst As New ADODB.Recordset Dim myField As ADODB.Field Dim myCnn As New ADODB.C...

ADO.NET VS ADO
Hi I am having ADO.NET course these days. I asked the instructor that developing online system like airline reservation system needs to a connected environment to lock/Unlock the table when u read/write to it Can that be acomplished using ado.net. His answer was no ADO.NET is only for disconnected environment and it will not work with online system and i still should use the old ADO. ADO.NET is not a replacment for ADO and both will continue in paralell. IS his answer true that ADO.NET will not replace ADO and both will continue Regards Check this link. Well ADO.NET is pa...

ADO to ADO.NET help
Hi, I am converting application ASP to ASP.NET.What is the equivalent code in ADO.NET. For each F in RS.Fields FieldName = F.Name Next Thanks, Nate If it is forward only, then you can use datareader for more info on this, check below link Datareader on MSDN Hope it helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

Timeout error by a call stored procedures (SP) in ADO.NET
Whether there is a decision of a problem with long calls stored procedures (SP) in ADO.NET? I send the control example causing this mistake. I have opened Case: 11119906, but I can not register it (is not present Customer Number Or Contact ID). Connect (ADO.Net): Con.ini [Database NikaSystem] DBMS = ADO.Net AutoCommit = True DBParm = Namespace='System.Data.OleDb',Provider='SQLOLEDB',TrustedConnection=1,DATALINK='C:\nikasystem\NikaTest.udl',TrimSpaces=1 NikaTest.udl: [oledb] ; Everything after this line is an OLE DB initstring Provider=SQLOLEDB....

ADO.NET equivalent to ADO recordset
I'm new to ASP.NET 2.0 and ADO.Net but have some experience with oldschool ASP and ADO :)My question is ADO.NET has an equivalent to ADO recordset?In normal ADO I use to read and compare database cells 1 set User= Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") 2 User_sql = "SELECT * FROM tblUsers WHERE UserName='" & Request.Form("UserName") & "'" 3 User.open User_sql, Conn 4 5 if User("Password") = Request.form("Password") then 6 Response.write(User("Password"))7 end if ...

ado.net and .net 2.0
Does anyone know if there has been any notable changes to ADO.NET in .NET 2.0 in the areas of data access (both reads and writes) except for the new SqlDataSource and equivalent user controls? Try these links for  tutorials. Hope this helps.http://beta.asp.net/QUICKSTART/aspnet/doc/data/advanced.aspx#nulls http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsql90/html/mandataaccess.aspKind regards,Gift Peddie...

ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET
Has anyone read "ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET, Second Edition" by Steve Holzner (Author), Bob Howell (Author)? I am trying to working on a project and there are a few things that I need to tie up quickly in my web forms. Is this book a good one? karls------------------------------------'Old and wrinkled is not what I expected to become when I grew up!'...

Web resources about - ADO Timeout? - asp.net.free-for-all

Mom On Timeout - Delicious recipes, fun crafts, DIY, and more!
Hi there! I'm Trish - the resident "Mom On Timeout". I am a stay-at-home mommy and love spending precious time with my two little boys, Reece ...

Timeout (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... take place, unless another specified event occurs first; in either case, the period is terminated when either event takes place. Note: A timeout ...

Timeout for big banks! - YouTube
Today, the Colorful Mamas of the 99 occupied a Wells Fargo branch in downtown Oakland, with three families closing their accounts to reinvest ...

Should the NBA reduce the number of timeouts per game?
Should the NBA reduce the number of timeouts per game?

New Android apps worth downloading: RetailMeNot update, Kiddy Timer Timeout Toothbrush, UNO & Friends ...
Save some money this weekend with the updated coupon app RetailMeNot, which brings you discounts from the stores around you and has added deals ...

Galaxy Button Lights App Finally Lets Galaxy S6 Users Change The Capacitive Button Timeout
In their infinite wisdom, most US carriers opted to remove the Galaxy S6 settings to change the backlight timeout for the capacitive back and ...

NorthWestern Energy calls 'timeout' on controversial MSTI power line
BUTTE — NorthWestern Energy officials have told multiple federal agencies to stop their work on a controversial power line, halting progress ...

Kanye West Performs 'All Day' During Timeout in Chicago's Game 4 vs. Cleveland - Bleacher Report
Given that it was Game 4 of the Eastern Conference semifinals, the United Center didn't really need any help getting hyped up Sunday. However, ...

A timeout from the usual raving about the degenerate Village menagerie, except for a Borowitz Report ...
The House Republican Menagerie gathered behind closed doors today and apparently with a bare minimum of opposition chose Majority Whip Kevin ...

Oakland Mayor Threatens Anarchists With a Timeout
This woman makes David Dinkins look like a pillar of granite when it comes to placating mindless thuggery. Heck, Mikey Bloomberg could give her ...