A Flop Show- For the community - By the Community

Asp.net Team had taken a real great step by introducing " For The Community, By The Community ".

It was a move to offer a sort of starterkits, by offering what the community likes, collecting the feedback with the
opinion polls.

There were 3 polls collected and the Starterkits were supposed to be offered from 4th August, 18th August and 28th August
respectively.

It was very sad to see that all expert coders/developers have failed to submit the codes in time in the first move itself.

If the first coder/developer was late, the second one could have submtited his, but none of the Three developers have worked
out so far, even after sufficient deadline.

A sorry scene to be viewed by the community as a FLOP SHOW.

Better select a enthusiatic developer next time, who is really willing to code for the community.

This is just my opinion.

Thanks

Paggy4u
Working with Dynamic Languages
0
paggy4u

paggy4u:
It was very sad to see that all expert coders/developers have failed to submit the codes in time in the first move itself.
Each developer was originally given only two weeks to create the sample.  However, each developer maintains a full-time job and is expected to research and create the sample using best practices, so two weeks was probably an unrealistic target--how many of us could create a full sample application within two weeks and working only at nights?

You are right that it is a little disappointing to see missed deadlines.  However, we should appreciate that they are working hard to provide the community with well-researched and well-written samples, and we should show understanding if they miss a too-tight deadline.

Alister
0
SomeNewKid
8/28/2006 12:25:51 PM
Hello paggy4u.  You may be interested to know that the first two By the Community, For the Community sample applications have been published.

Alister
0
SomeNewKid

Introducing Community.Net
As a community organisation the idea is to raise funds and direct it to the good causes you support. What you don't want to is see are large expense for necessary web hosting. This is where we come in with Communty.NET: 500 MB .NET 2.0 Hosting Space Unlimited Email Addresses Unlimited SQL 2005 Unlimited Bandwidth SharePoint 2.0 SmarterMail (Web Mail) SmarterStats (web stats) Dot Net Panel PHP 5.0, ASP, .NET 1.1, PERL Unlimited FTP accounts Front Page Extensions Full Daily Backup Raid 1 HDD Great Customer Support And on top of all th...

.NET Community
Just wanted to let everyone know about the new .NET Community Site. Check it out www.theserverside.net...

Community users log in to wrong community.
I was testing how to do multiple communities on the same server, and I am running into a problem with the user ID for the selected community. On my test setup (NOT on the Internet, local LAN only) I have a create 2 domain names: www.test.com, www.sample.com I have the main community (community) responding to domain name www.sample.com and the second one is called test which responds to www.test.com. The problem I am having is whether I am on www.test.com OR www.sample.com, when I register users, they only register to www.sample.com (community). I look in the user table and they al...

How to open Community starter kit in VS.NET for VB.NET?
Hi,   Some one please tell me how to open community starter kit in VS.NET 2003 as there is no solution object or project file in CommunityStarterKit folder. I have read the documents and installation is fine. Some one tell me please   Thanks There are two different formats of the CSK download. One format uses the SDK compilers and is best if you use notepad, webmatrix or similar. The other format is for Visual Studio . Net users.http://www.asp.net/StarterKits/DownloadCommunity.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1 Assuming you downloaded the VS.net version and installed it us...

ANN: VB.NET Forums
Hello Fellow Programmers: Just an announcement the VB.NET Forums moved to the advanced vBulletin 3 software providing a feature rich and enjoyable forum experience. Stop by in your Internet surfing to help others, ask questions, and partake in our VB.NET only community. Visit us in addition to your trips to this great community. http://www.vbdotnetforums.comNeal...

A community site for Service Oriented with Microsoft .Net
Hi, I'm a .net developer and the owner of the domain ServiceOriented.net. I'm planning to set up an online developer community for Service Oriented with Microsoft .net. Website hosting will cost 30$ per month. Will Microsoft be a sponsor of  www.ServiceOriented.net? Best regards -ngocthan   Just a quick suggestion....I think that you'd do well to build the site and get it going before asking for sponsors, and you'll be far more likely to get them.  Community sponsors want to know that their money is helping the community, and paying for a site that hasn't be...

Atlanta .NET Community
Take a look at DotNetAtlanta.com if you are in the Atlanta area. It has all the local events, user groups, forums, and more. Also, suggestions for new content is very much welcome.Thanks, Paul Wilson, ASPInsider, MC**For the best .NET code, examples, and tools, visit:WilsonDotNet.com, WilsonWebPortal.com, ORMapper.net Paul, cool little resource. To bad I'm not available Thursday night, because I would really like to see Rocky speak. BruceDynamicVB.Net Maybe you're not busy Wednesday night -- I think that's when it actually is. :)Thanks, Paul Wilson, ASPInsider, MC**For the ...

How does Community Starter Kit compare with Community Server
in terms of features, performance, scalability etc ?Has anyone used both ? I have extensively evaluated Community Server 2.1 and even use it for blogging. It works great ! I am wondering how this starter kit compares... mycodetrip.com haathi: in terms of features, performance, scalability etc ?Has anyone used both ? I have extensively evaluated Community Server 2.1 and even use it for blogging. It works great ! I am wondering how this starter kit compares... You want the long or the short version? LOLKind regards,Gift Peddie check this: http://forums.asp.net/thread/1406935.asp...

How to show Community Menu?
I have created two new communities on the installed CommunityStarterKit. The application is on on my local computer.BUT I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO show A MENU OPTION IN NAVIGATION BAR THAT WILL ALLOW A USER TO SELECT A SPECIFIC COMMUNITY? Thanks Sunilsun21170 communities are determined by the url .... what I do, I go into my host file, c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\host and put in entries for your communities - 127.0.0.1 www.community1.com 127.0.0.1 www.community2.com As far as dynamically showing certain communities, if thats what you want, you have to code that. ...

Community
any body able to send me the code for http://www.asp.net/CommunityStarterKit/Discussion/Job+Board/default.aspx Im unable to install the example because I dont have SQL Server installed. thanks in advance, phil. wrong forum. whoops. how stoopid do i feel....

NEW...Extended Club StarterKit for the community, by the community
Hello,I was happy to see the NEW EXTENDED CLUB STARTERKIT announced here today.But.... was totally disaoppointed to see that,  it is called Extended . I see nothing extended in the LIVE version also.Plus there is not  a single page to manage users also.The LIVE version has totally disappointed me. If any one has found any advantages over the existing starterkitthan pl. inform here.... whats new in this.I hope there is a difference between  a current version and this live version.ThanksPaggy4uPaggy4u-----------------------------------------Working with Dynamic Languages Well,...

Community IT
For those who don't follow my blog, this went live today - = http://blog.mozilla.com/mrz/2011/10/12/step-1-community-it/ . I also unceremoniously announced the Community IT SIG.= ...

How to set up a community include other communities aricle or photo?
I'd like set a community as a parent community,it may have one or more sub-community,and in parent community section page can show a set of sub communities article or photo etc. may be like this: A as parent community,B,C as child communities a.domainname.com will show all a,b,c communities file. Is this possible? or any mod for this? thank you!!!!! yes,I know web service box will do this,but I like it will display at content area , like totally in a group . You'd need a pretty sophisticated mod to do this, and it would be very messy I'd recommend you use the web servic...

Where is the Community???
Hi, I am looking at the number of responses to the questions here and they are less that I would imagine. Why? Where else (other forums) is the community going to post questions and getting feedback?Thanks. Vas...

Web resources about - A Flop Show- For the community - By the Community - asp.net.free-for-all

Community - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A community is a social unit of any size that shares common values . Although embodied or face-to-face communities are usually small, larger ...

Jake McKee - The Community Guy -
I’m Jake McKee, aka: The Community Guy. I am a partner at PwC , one of the world’s largest (and most awesome) auditing and consulting practices. ...

Derbyshire news, views & business listings from Derbyshire's Community - This is Derbyshire
Derbyshire news, views & business listings from Derbyshire's Community - This is Derbyshire

B.C. community leaders meet to discuss safety on notorious Highway of Tears
Community leaders along British Columbia's notorious Highway of Tears meet this week to debate the highly charged issue of improving safety along ...

Engaging Your Community’s Largest Companies And Their Executives With A Twitter List
Twitter is a powerful business development tool when used strategically and effectively. Twitter lists are a powerful way to do so.

ASEAN nations sign deal for economic community
... of trade and capital in SE Asia and to create the world's seventh-largest economy. Southeast Asian nations have established a formal community ...

#NotInMyName: American Muslim community rallies against extremism
Members of the Muslim community want the world to know they do not condone extremist acts: "This is not what Islam teaches"

National Community Solar Partnership: 68 Cities, States, & Businesses To Expand Solar Access
... this clean energy source, the Obama administration rolled out a national solar initiative this past July, and one of [&hellip National Community ...

Sony Pictures TV’s Steve Mosko Honored At Saban Community Clinic Gala
Sony Pictures Television Chairman Steve Mosko was honored tonight with the Leadership Award at Saban Community Clinic’s 39th annual Gala at the ...

Public Library Set to Open in Polygamous Community
Public library set to open in polygamous community that's been without 1 for decades