.Net Remoting vs Web services performance

Hi all,

   I´m looking for info about performance in Remting and W.S.. I need updated info about how the performance is in the new version. I´ve found one but is for the asp 1.1, and i don´t think this will work for my proyect for info about this topic.

Thanks all

Carlos

Where is the Spanish Language in the user profile?
0
menax

.NET Remoting VS Socket Programming VS Web Services
Hi, Could any one tell me the difference between these three programming features and where they are used? Thank you, Rajadurai ..NET Remoting is built on Socket programming and XML Web services are built on top of Remoting. All of them provide the Server-Client functionality. You use Socket programming when Client is waiting for notifications/events from server. Remoting  is a higher layer on Sockets. When both client and server is under your control you can use Remoting. Web Services are total freedom. Client and server can be implemented in different technologies. ...

.NET Web Service Proxy (EasySoap vs .NET)
Greetings all, I was provided with a URL for a web service that is password protected. I saved the WSDL file from the browser and am attempting to create a .NET Web Service Proxy to use it. When I select EasySoap for the 'Web Service Selection', I see one service ('Services') and five 'Structures' (which is the number of 'methods' that I am expecting to see). But when I select .NET, I still see one service (named differently) and only one structure. Four of the structures are missing. Is there something else I need to do to view the four ...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Web Services vs .NET Remoting
Currently, we are developing solutions with Web Services. The architecture of the systems are clear and crutial layers are remaining encapsulated (business logic, presentation, data, etc.). All of our web services are in place primarily whenever we connect to SQL2000, and a few other 'special cases'. The services that return types have all been primitives (string, int, decimal, etc) and/or datasets. I have a 2 part question, given this environment: 1- Where does/will .NET Remoting come into play? We are currently coding everything in C# and ASP.NET - all web apps. Legacy WINDOWS c...

Architectural question: Web Services vs. .Net Remoting
Hello, I have been trying to iron out the overall architecture for a project I am starting. It is for use in a custom parts manufacturing facility, and covers everything including taking remote orders, generating CNC code, tracking jobs/customers, and managing inventory and employees. These are the layers I am contemplating: -WinForms Order client used by customers -Web Site on server for browsing & info purposes; new (approved) customer may download Order client -Web Services or .Net Remoting used to keep Order client up to date -WinForms application on server ...

WS-Security with VS.NET 2005 Web Service and .NET 1.1 Client
We ship a webservices client piece into the field which is required to run on the .NET 1.1 version of the framework, this is defined by our business people and cannot change. We would like to work with .NET 2.0 in VS.NET 2005 for the backend Web Service piece. We are able to get the 2 to communicate fine and it is not a problem. The issue now is that we need to introduce security through WS-Security. I have not been able to find much information about interop between the 2 environments and WS-Security and cannot get the security elements to be invoked in VS.NET 2005. Currently we are trying ...

C#.NET in VS.NET vs. C# in Web Matrix
Hi all, I am very new to .NET ... I realized C#.NET is only available from Visual Studio.NET ... however, I realized Web Matrix also allowed us to choose C# as language but not C#.NET ... they are not the same, right? If not, then why it's in Web Matrix which runs ASP.NET?? If I need to run C#.Net, I MUST GET VS.NET, right? Can C#.NET has the abality to create chat program? Thank you very much. C#.NET and C# are the same thing. JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets So ... that means I can use web matrix t...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003
hi how can i convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003 and how i know that the application is made in vs.net 2002 and not in vs.net 2003 and thank for your time VS.NEt 2003 detects 2002 project format automatically when you try to open 2002 project with it. It also asks you if the project needs to be converted into 2003 format (if I remember right conversion must be done to use the project in 2003). If you say yes, it does the conversion and you don't have to do anything. Note that VS.NEt 2002 can't open 2003 projects.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU thank you for your...

Exception while calling .NET web service | System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Hi,   We have written a .NET web service which retrieves an xml file from the database. This web service is SSL secured and requires client certificates for connection.   Problem: The web service is throwing an exception while retrieving large files. It works fine when the file size is around 1 MB, but fails with a file size of around 65 MB with the following exception: System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 38455668). ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: ...

Copying VS.NET web project to Win 2003 and opening it in VS.NET
Hi all, Environment: ASP.NET 1.1; VS.NET Enterprise 2003; Windows Server 2003; IIS 6.0 I hope somebody can help me figure this out. I created a Web project on my XP Dev machine which I can open, run, debug and do everything else. I can "deploy" the project to my 2003 server and open the site in explorer browser. But now, I want to transfer the whole solution to my Win 2003 and continue the development and testing on it. So, I transferred the whole VS solution directory from my XP machine to the Win 2003 machine. I created a Web site (not a virtual directory under default...

Adding a VS.NET web reference for more than one web service?
I have a web app exposing several web services: SignOnService.asmx UserService.asmx AdminService.asmx etc I have a Winform app that consumes these services. When I go to Add Web Reference in the winform app, I have to add each one individually as their own web reference. How would I set this up so that they can all be added as one web reference? I think you will have to add them to one file (.cs or .vb) the reason they are comming up separately is becuase they are seperate, they are seperate web services(asmx files), classes and have seperate WSDL description...

Web resources about - .Net Remoting vs Web services performance - asp.net.free-for-all

Eagles of Death Metal returns to Paris for U2 performance
Eagles of Death Metal will return to Paris on Sunday, just weeks after the city's terrorist attacks which claimed the lives of 130 people.

Witnesses thought Miami Beach art show stabbing was performance art
Onlookers at a Miami art show thought they were watching performance art.

Stabbing mistaken for performance art at museum
Atlanta Journal Constitution Stabbing mistaken for performance art at museum Atlanta Journal Constitution Want more news? Sign up for free ...

TeamViewer 11 comes with the promise of better network performance, redesigns toolbar
... Linux and Mac computers. The new release, also available as a portable build for Windows users, launches with an emphasis on better performance ...

Donald Trump’s Twitter Notes To Obama On Tonight’s Performance: Change Set, Punch Up Script
Donald Trump live-tweeted during President Obama ’s Oval Office address to the nation tonight. Trump promised his barrage of @-real-donald-trump-isms ...

A patch for Just Cause 3's performance problems is in the works
Just Cause 3 launched this week, and blimey has it been a bit of a mess. Patrick’s review of it was positive , saying it “provides some of the ...

EXCLUSIVE: Sabrina Carpenter's Radio Disney 'Family Holiday' Performance Is the Best Gift Ever!
EXCLUSIVE: Sabrina Carpenter's Radio Disney 'Family Holiday' Performance Is the Best Gift Ever!

Will The Super Bowl Halftime Performance Spark Demand For Coldplay Tickets? History Says Yes
More than two months remain before Super Bowl 50 takes over Santa Clara, but it appears that halftime show plans are already being finalized. ...

GRISLY 'PERFORMANCE' Woman stabbed at exhibit, witnesses think it's art
GRISLY 'PERFORMANCE' Woman stabbed at exhibit, witnesses think it's art