Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.webservicex.net'

Hi ,

i gota error weni sued webservice

the exception details is given as subject and here a giving the code i hav written

i am beginner so pls help me out in this

public partial class Weather : System.Web.UI.Page

{

string City;

string Country;

StockQuote stock = new StockQuote();

GlobalWeather oObj = new GlobalWeather();

string var;

{

}

protected void btnGo_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

var= stock.GetQuote(
"GVK");this.Response.Write("myQuote='" + var + "'" + "<br />");

}

}

0
rakesh_ar
6/9/2008 11:53:28 AM
asp.net.faq 380 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Just as the error says, the site name can't be resolved in DNS.  Either the DNS records are wrong or you are using the wrong name.

Jeff

jeff

Please disable system firewall and anti virus software on you machine and then try again

 May be this will help you

Warm Regards:
Sitanshu

Please "Mark as Answer" if my post sort your problem
0
sbakshi

Value of type 'System.Net.Mail.MailMessage' cannot be converted to 'System.Net.Mail.AlternateView'

System.Net.Mail is giving error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Net.Mail.MailAddress'
I'm getting an error while trying to use the wizard to create a form and than pass it the vaibles to Mail. Any help would be much appreciated. SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient(); MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); try {   message.From = txtEmail.Text; message.To.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.Subject = "Feedback"; message.CC.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.CC.Add("admin2@yoursite.com"); message.IsBodyHtml = false; message.Body = txtMessage.Text; smtpClient.Send(message); lblStatus.Text = "Email successfully sent."; } catch (Exception ex) { lbl...

The remote name could not be resolved: 'services.xmethods.net'
Hi ,all i am doing now currency converter ,i got the following error,plz help me. i added Xmethods.net web reference. The remote name could not be resolved: 'services.xmethods.net'Krishnamurthy CConsultant,Holmdel Consulting,krishnamurthy@holmdelconsulting.comwww.holmdelconsulting.com You can’t call a remote webservice directly, this is a security constrain imposed by the browser, check this link for a solution:http://dotnetslackers.com/columns/ajax/MashitUpwithASPNETAJAX.aspxIf this post helped you please remember to set it as Answer so it can help others....

Upgrading vb.net 2003 to vb.net 2008 the name '__o' is not declared
Hi I had an application in vb.net 2003. I chose to upgrade it to vb.net 2008. Now I have 153 errors telling me that the name '__o' is not declared. In one page where I get this error, It's on a <tr> statement. I searched in google and I saw that we could put <%=""%> at the beginning of the page, but I still have the error message. Any idea? Hi myriam_giroux,I think you need to be more specific information. When you are receiving errors during compilation in Visual Studio or Visual Web Developer, the Error list window will indicate the line in the sour...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

'Entropy', a "net inside the net" ?
Just tumbled upon this, maybe old news. Comments welcome (f/u grc.privacy) : Entropy is a software, which creates a "net inside the net" (inside the internet) for its users. This software can be used both by *nix- and Windows-users. Entropy is "Free Software" (under GPL) and can be downloaded here: http://entropy.stop1984.com/ -- Ninho On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:03:30 +0200, in grc.linkfarm,grc.privacy, Ninho wrote: > Just tumbled upon this, maybe old news. Comments welcome (f/u grc.privacy) : > > Entropy is a software, which creates a "ne...

BlogEngine.net
I have download blogengine.net but when I went to save the setting, i got an error mesg saying, An exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in System.Xml.dll but was not handled in user codeAdditional information: Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\molweb96\Desktop\BlogEngine\BlogEngine.NET 1.2\BlogEngine.Web\app_data\settings.xml' is denied. Anyone encountered this problem before? I have given full permission for app_data folder.My HomePage - www.findingsteve.net"It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20: 35 (NIV, Bible)...

Value of type 'String' cannot be converted to 'System.Net.Mail.MailAddress'
My code is below:Protected Sub btnSendMsg_OnClick(ByVal Source As Object, ByVal E As EventArgs) Dim myMessage As New System.Net.Mail.MailMessage Dim myAttachment As System.Net.Mail.Attachment Dim myMail As System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient If Page.IsValid() Then myMessage.From = txtFromEmail.Text myMessage.To = txtToEmail.TextWhat can I do to fix this? MailMessage.To represents a collection that you Add addresses to.Dim recipient As MailAddress= new MailAddress(txtToEmail.Text) myMessage.To.Add(recipient)    Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~...

VS2005 VB.Net 'EventArgs' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System'. Errors.
Hi guys,  I've searched and searched and can't find the fix for this.  I am recieving the max number of errors for my ASP.Net project.  The errors are simply stated as something like the title.  Other ones are: 'DebuggerNonUserCodeAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Diagnostics'. 'EventArgs' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System''CompilierGlobalScopeAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Runtime.CompilierServices'.'SerializationInfo' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Runtime.Serialization'  Most of the errors are comming up in files th...

i got 'System.Net.WebException: HTTP 405: Method not allowed'.
hi everyone i create a web service and i reference it my web site and i deployed them to windows xp iis service  when i call my web site from remote machine  and invoke webservice using submit button i got this exception i try web site and webservice in local machine it works great . how can i solve this problem ??   are you using POST to send data to the web service? perhaps where its hosted does not allow POSTS to their infastructure.  check this link : http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E405.html hth, mcm yes i send data with web service , i installe...

Unable to find an entry point named 'Add' in DLL 'CPPDLL.dll'. while running a c#.net web application
  I have created a small web application using c#.net that calls a function from a dll file created in c++ the following are the files that i have used to create a dll file.. //CPPDLL.cpp file #include “stdafx.h” #include “CPPDLL.h” #include using namespace std; namespace CPPDLL { double Class1::Add(double a, double b) { return a + b; } } //CPPDLL.h file #pragma once using namespace System; namespace CPPDLL { public class Class1 { // TODO: Add your methods for this class here. public: static __declspec(dllexport) double Add(double a...

Exception::System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized [:'(]
I am trying access a webservice through my web application but i am getting this error, can you please help me to get rid of this error?  Exception::System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)   at FORIS.TelCRM.RequestManagement.CustomerCare.UI.Requ...

.NET Remoting
Hi,I'm trying to write Remote server object , when I write:using System.Runtime.Remoting.Channel.TcpIt looks like this namespace doesn't exist and I can't use instances of objects in this name space as I used in .NET 1.1When I look at the documentation, it looks like there is no change in the syntex or methodology.Can some one please help me.all the best,el System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp...

Does anyone know of either an ajax.net blog available or an 'inline editor' for ajax.net?
Hey all:  I'm desperately trying to find an AJAX control (I don't care if it's currently for ASP.NET AJAX.NET, since if not, I'll do the conversion and make it available to others) for creating blogs and another inline editor control, so that if there is text on the page, I can click on the text and it will automatically display an editor and allow me to edit the text/html.  Does anyone know of a control like this that's AJAX enabled?  Especially AJAX.NET.  I'm only interested in open-source, since any improvements I make I will make available on codeplex.com Thanks in...