.net 2.0 to .net 1.1

Hello , This is shrirang.

Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork .

we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork .

if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .

Thanks in advance for your kind help

Regards

Shrirang

0
shrirangmokashi
1/22/2008 7:00:01 AM
asp.net.faq 380 articles. 0 followers. Follow

i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server .

Thanks
Raja Ragothaman
0
rajaragothaman81
1/22/2008 8:21:18 AM

Hi Shrirang,

Please contact web administrator to help you if don't have enough permissions. Although ASP.NET 2.0 introduces new features which is not available in ASP.NET 1.1, you may still able to rebuild your website in Visual Studio 2003.NET to downgrade to ASP.NET 1.1. Please pay attention to the differences between ASP.NET 2.0 and ASP.NET 1.1 mentioned here:

Zhao Ji Ma
Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
0
Zhao

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

.NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 on the same PC
I built my ASP.NET app and built it with .NET 1.1 I installed .Net 2.0 and now it will not function properly. How can I tell my App to use the .NET 1.1? Thanks for any help,Thank youJackxxx What tool are you using to code ASP.NET?Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). The PC i am referring to is my test PC and it has no tools. But I used VS.net 2003 on my development PC. Thank you,Thank youJackxxx Hi, Unfortunately, you can not run two...

Upgrading from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi,We write ASP.NET applications for a large UK organisation for which we have two servers - a dev server and a live intranet server.  I would like to convince management to upgrade the .NET framework from 1.1 to 2.0 (and incidently VS2003 to VS2005).If we install the new version of the dotnet framework, will there be any issues with our existing 1.1 applications?  If so, what will the issues likely to be?Your help is greatly appreciated.Ryan Penfold, Truro, UK. Two versions can coexist, so you shouldn't have any issues. So far we have not had any real issues with asp.net 1.1 a...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

.Net 1.1 and .Net 2.0 on the same webserver ?
Hi allCan you run .Net 1.1 and .Net 2.0 on the same webserver ? Does anybody do this currently and does both DNN 3.1.1 and the new dnn 4.0 work ok on this configuration ?/JohanFirstDev AB Affärssystem.net Yes, and Yes.John M. to elaborate a bit on that: yes, if you are using windows server 2003. You can select the .net version on a per application basis, however, you can only use one .net version per application pool. So just put your .net 2.0 applications in a different poolcheers,erikErik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands You can do it on XP Pro, or Windows 2000 Server also, you ...

.net 2.0 v. .Net 1.1
Hi all:Im trying to figure out whether I should begin using 2.0 at this point.  Many people I spoke to have indicated that it may be too soon (for whatever reason-bugs, hosting availibility etc).  Can someone give the pros and cons at this point?  I just learned .net 1.1 and this would be the first time I've ever gone throught this sort of transition.  Also, what was frustrating about 1.1 is that some of the books that first came out had alot of problems with their code working.  Is there an authorotative book out yet with functioning examples?Any help would be ...

.NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 on the same machine
Hi All, I have .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 framework on my machine.  Now, I want to uninstall .NET 1.1 to have more free HD space.  Please tell if I can do it without any trouble for the .NET 2.0? Thank you very much.  Pardon me for a newbie question.  elearner Start > Control Panel > Add remove programs > remove .NET Framework 1.1! Im sure its not taking up that much space tho!? :PDavid Kiffhttp://DavidKiff.co.uk-- "Mark As Answer" If my reply helped you -- Hi, Well I don't think it should cause any problem because of them are installed in seper...

coverting from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi All, Currently I'm facing a problem.I have an application that is built on ..net 1.1 using Vs2003.Its performance is so slow.So i want to add some partial updates to the page.How can I execute this in .net 1.1.In .net 2.0 we can use Ajaxtools, But .net 1.1 does't support ajaxtools.How to solve thgis problem.From where can I start?Please help me I'm struck in the middle.PLease forward me any sample codes You have. Thank you Hi, Why are you using VS2003. Convert your aplication in 2005/8 and use AJAX. Regards, Shahaji UThanks and Regards,Shahaji Udar.MCTS,Pune,IN...

Using .net 2.0 ws in .net 1.1
Hi,I have a ws written in 2.0 that returns a dataset. I need to use this ws in .net 1.1. Seems like having the ws returning typed datasets causing a problem.I am using c# for the ws. Does anyone have any idea ? Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks, recruit A web service should be indifferent to which version of ASP.NET is producing and which version is consuming. Please post any error messages and the wsdl produced by the 1.1 consumer. Have you loaded WSE 3.0 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=018a09fd-3a74-43c5-8ec1-8d789091255d&displaylang=en) and mon...

Session Sharing Between .Net 1.1 and .Net 2.0
I want to share session between two .net application depolyed on one server side by side. I have created one application in asp.net 1.0 and other in Asp.net 2.0. Plzzz Help Me Out Give me Some Link So I Can Get Some Knowledge Or Show me Some Sample Application Thanks....  Two different applications cannot share session state between them, regardless of the ASP.NET version.You can share cookies check http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/12/10/432851.aspx Kamran ShahidSr. Software Engineer(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])Netprosys Inc.www.netprosys.comRememb...

Web resources about - .net 2.0 to .net 1.1 - asp.net.faq

Welcome - Net Objectives Net Objectives - Scrum Agile Training & Agile Development - TDD, Agile Scrum ...
Deliver value to your customers faster. NetObjectives.com is the industry leader in agile scrum training, scrum methodology, lean agile training, ...

經濟通 ET Net- 港股財經基金投資- 免費即時股票報價 HK Free Real Time Stock Quote
Copyright 2012 ET Net Limited. http://www.etnet.com.hk ET Net Limited, HKEx Information Services Limited, its Holding Companies and/or any Subsidiaries ...

Net income - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Net income can be distributed among holders of common stock as a dividend or held by the firm as an addition to retained earnings . As profit ...

Contract Analyst Programmer (Reporting/.Net) 151223/AP/266

Video Net Tastemade Raises $40 Million From Goldman Sachs, Others
... has raised isn't as interesting as who's giving the company that money. Take Tastemade for example. The three-year-old digital video network ...

How to find which versions of the .NET Framework are installed on a PC
Check the system requirements for a Windows application and you’ll often find it needs some minimum version of Microsoft’s .NET Framework. .NET ...

Solarcity Corp to Exit Nevada as PUC Reduces Net Metering Rates
Bidness Etc takes a look at the reasons why Elon Musk-chaired SolarCity Corp (NASDAQ:SCTY) is ceasing sale and installation of solar panels in ...

Mikhail Prokhorov invested another $400 million in the Brooklyn Nets - Business Insider Deutschland
The Russian oligarch previously owned 80% of the Nets and Barclays Center, and now owns 100% of both after buying out Bruce Ratner's shares. ...

CPUC Rejects Net Metering Rate Increases
... the utilities could impose demand charges, grid access charges, installed capacity fees, standby fees, or fees. In [&hellip CPUC Rejects Net ...

Cable Net Z Living Inks Development Deal With 3 Ball Entertainment
Health entertainment network Z Living has closed a development deal with 3 Ball Entertainment ( Bar Rescue, Extreme Weight Loss ), the first ...