Where are all the free modules for the free CMS DotNetNuke ?

I think, I know that a lot of poeple will hate me for that posting, but I hope that some of these people will think a moment over that what I have to say !

Where are all the free modules for the free software DotNetNuke ?
I work now with DotNetNuke since the first version was released, and what I actual saw makes me sad.
More and more modules which are often so simple will be offered on snowcoverd for purchase.
Yes, most of the modules are cheap but what should that be, do anybody think you get rich when you purchase 10 or 20 modules for 10 $ on snowcovered.
May be, I can understand that some special modules which has high level knowledge will be purchased, but how many of the modules on snowcoered are high level modules ?
Has already someone thought about it, what DNN today whould be, if it was purchased on snowcovered.
Fortunately there are still some developers those offer there modules for free.
Some of them with and some of them without source code, but for FREE.
I bought some modules on snowcovered, most time with source code, because my knowledge with a lot of the developer who purchase there 10 $ modules on snowcoverd has more no support than a good support in case of problems.
I please you, thinks times about it, whether it is meaningful each still so small module to purchase on snowcovered !
At the end I will say thank you to all the developer arround DotNetNuke which are develping nice FREE modules for dotnetnuke and for sharing there knowledge to the DotNetNuke Community.
A long time DotNetNuke user and developer !
(I hope I have not to much errors in my posting)
Best regards

Hans-Peter

DNNPortal German DotNetNuke Community
0
SchelianHP

what do you want ...  what kind of module....
0
brian_c
3/15/2005 7:24:14 PM
Not too many errors, heck you might start a trend.

I like free modules too but thing I like about paying is that it implies there will be support on it. Thats really what Im paying for.
Another thing is there is no copyright protection really, and outsourcing to countries like India has hit a lot of programmers in US hard so at least when you post a module for sale its kind of like saying if you violate teh copyright, then you are taking the developers money. Then maybe oneday if copyright violation is ever taken seriously maybe those developers will get payback. Just a thought.
Daniel Struve
DotNetNuke Houston

0
dstruve
3/15/2005 7:28:46 PM
It is not a question what I want, if I need a module and there is no module available I've been able to develope the module.

That what me makes sadly is that more and more modules will be purchased and not offered for FREE, like it was in the past.
I don't think that this is the rigth business model !
Best regards

Hans-Peter

DNNPortal German DotNetNuke Community
0
SchelianHP
3/15/2005 7:30:57 PM
Hans-Peter,

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you for your free modules that I have downloaded
Leif
0
leiner
3/15/2005 7:34:05 PM
Daniel,

you are right, I love a good support, but my experience with these 10 $ modules are exactly different from that.
My experince is that a lot of FREE modules have a better support then the purchased modules.
And in most cases the free modules will be overed with source code so that I've been able to make needed changes by myselve.
Best regards

Hans-Peter

DNNPortal German DotNetNuke Community
0
SchelianHP
3/15/2005 7:35:00 PM
mmm

I think Hans was talking generally. I agree with him that some of the modules on Snow are pretty basic simple, you pay for them and then find out that not only no support but quality of the code is to cry so so.
Even tho DNN is an opensource product there are plenty of people that use it commercially and make moeny of it. I have seen my share of companies and people that even charge there own clietns ridiculous money for freely downloadable modules or even claim they made them.
This has made me think twice about releasing vertain modules for free but just put on snow and get some spending money but on the same time gave them away fro free for people who asked for it and i knew wouldnt use them commerically. So at least I make sure that I get money from the people who use these commercially as well.
thats my point of view
Armand Datema
5 Skins, 4 SkinObject, 38 Containers, 2 Modules and more Euro 50 a year.
SchwingNuke
Offshore DNN and ASP.net development
Container Creator
0
nokiko
3/15/2005 7:40:09 PM
Armand,

yes you are right, my thougts are more generally.
And yes you are right, I mean the really pretty basic simple modules with no support ....

Best regards

Hans-Peter

DNNPortal German DotNetNuke Community
0
SchelianHP
3/15/2005 7:44:20 PM
This kind of thread crops up every now and then. It is important to realize that there are 2 communities being served by DNN: a non-profit/club/community centered community, and a professional community. It is mostly the first that are shocked that some developers will ask money for the modules they make. But they fail to realize that in the second community there are now a growing number of professionals who are making their living with DNN related services. That means: I have to support my family with what I do. I don't live with my parents, I don't have another job, I do this full time. Giving it my 200% allows me to reach a level of quality and service that I wouldn't be able to reach otherwise. So conclusion: for a further professionalization of DNN we need professionals ... and they need to feed their families as well. The core team sell their services as well. The DNN platform is an engine in this: a means, not an end.

I have tried various business models and have settled for a mix of free modules and commercial ones. I have tried to sell modules for like 5$, but it's really not worth it. I'd rather concentrate on one or two really powerful modules (like my Document Exchange) and offer some usefull and simple modules (like my MHTML module) for free. The latter allow me to do something back for the community. So check 'em out: MTHML, RSSXtra, and Top Referrals all DNN3 ready.
Peter

Peter Donker
bring2mind.net
Home of Document Exchange, the document management solution for DNN
0
donker
3/15/2005 7:58:37 PM
Peter,

believe me, my posting was not addressed to you !
I know all of your products (or most of them), I don't know your support because I don't need them until today.
I love your FREE modules and believe me the document exchange module is not one of the 10 $ modules I have talk about.

Best regards

Hans-Peter

DNNPortal German DotNetNuke Community
0
SchelianHP
3/15/2005 8:06:16 PM
I agree with the "Give a couple of free ones" and then "Charge for the ones that you can convince people to pay for".

I also agree that there are simple modules on snowcovered. However I believe that problem is because there are so few modules out there...

SilverlightDesktop.net

A framework that allows you to dynamically load Silverlight modules into resizable draggable windows.
0
adefwebserver
3/15/2005 8:16:40 PM
Peter makes a good point.

I work for a government department in Australia and the lack of a document management module in DNN saw us to purchase Document Exchange -> well worth the money IMO. Many commercial document managemtn solutions (non-DNN) far exceed this price.
As expected with purchased modules, peter has been responsive and forthcoming in all requests we've made, which is not always the case with free modules.
Cheers,
Andrew
0
bunce
3/15/2005 8:23:46 PM
The sub-projects such as Forum/Blog/Gallery should help to raise the bar in regards to free modules and allow more people to participate within the community. This should help to serve most non-profit needs.
Modules, Skins & Skin Objects @ www.smcculloch.net
0
smcculloch
3/15/2005 8:31:30 PM
As someone coming from the land of non-profit, perhaps it would be beneficial to organize a centralized repository of free modules for non-profits.  This could be similar to sites like www.techsoup.org that handle special liscensing for non-profits and allows those with valid Tax ID's to partake of the storehouse.  That way if someone wants to write modules knowing that their time will be charitable they can be assured of who gets those modules.  And perhaps none of this makes sense... but there it is anyway.
"Pandora called, she wants her box back"
0
mcoulter
3/15/2005 9:02:12 PM
There is a listing of some modules on DotNetNuke.com and this will be further enhanced over the coming months as part of the site reorg.  Also, you can check out Cathal's site for a great list of free V3 modules.

http://www.cathal.co.uk/Default.aspx?tabid=80
Jeremy White
Webstone, LLC
My DNN Blog
0
jwhite
3/15/2005 9:29:49 PM
@mcoulter

Didnt know that site but maybe this is a good idea, I just give them away to qulified people who asked for it and if I have time I might even help out with soemthng more, altho spare time is soemthign I dont have too much lately with mw upcoming free release ( css skin css container and css lookalike menu that is now indergoing beta testing )
@Hans
I checked out your modules as well, I care to have each of them tested before I propose it to people I work with and they worked nicely as expected ( this happens more with free modulesn than most snowcovered ones unfortunately. If you ever see soemthing you need of mine for your site lemme know, maybe gives me achange to brush up on my german :)
Armand Datema
5 Skins, 4 SkinObject, 38 Containers, 2 Modules and more Euro 50 a year.
SchwingNuke
Offshore DNN and ASP.net development
Container Creator
0
nokiko
3/15/2005 9:33:23 PM
mcoulter,

I have seen it now for some times, that are "developer" here in the forum who have so much questions about the programming of his DNN Module, so that the time the community spent to them, to explain the one and the other, is much more then the developing time of the module. And if the the result will be purchased on snow I don't understand them.
Please don't understand me wrong, It is fine if somebody have a lot of questions, but I think it is not fine, that the result of that community help will end from the first module on in a snow module.
I'm not from a non-profit organization, I make a part of my money round about DNN. Hosting, developing customer specific modules, consulting and so on. but a part of my knowledge which I have got from the community will be get back to the community for FREE.

Best regards

Hans-Peter

DNNPortal German DotNetNuke Community
0
SchelianHP
3/15/2005 9:36:16 PM
Hans, I see your point that it is not fair sometimes how some people put in more work than others just so the other can profit but that is something that will be never be conquered, only in utopia.

Perhaps when I die and go to programmer heaven.
Daniel Struve
DotNetNuke Houston

0
dstruve
3/15/2005 9:50:48 PM
Daniel,

I know life is not fair :-)
But I think the problem ist that in the last few month (my be a last year) ist seems to normal that each module must be purchased on snow.
May be, or better I hope some of the new Community member determine that there is an alternative way to distribute there more or less smal modules.
- FREE Module for DNN
What can be better than hundreds of users which use a module, to learn whether the module works fine or not.
Best regards

Hans-Peter

DNNPortal German DotNetNuke Community
0
SchelianHP
3/15/2005 10:05:40 PM
I like the way that Project Distributor works. It allows you a space to host your modules, and provides an RSS feed so that users can keep track. Ideally, I'd like dotnetnuke.com to provide functionality like this, and plan to bring it up at a future coreteam talk.

Cathal
0
cathal
3/15/2005 10:54:42 PM
I would rather pay for a module, even a seemingly mundane module, with the knowledge that (a) I can trust the brand name (b) get reasonably prompt / competent support and (c) receive timely upgrades that correspond with major releases of DNN.

Unfortnately, I have purchased modules on snowcovered and gotten none of the above.

Jon Morrissette
www.links2business.com
www.lakesidechristian.com
0
jmorrissette
3/15/2005 10:57:41 PM

I just want to add that we yesterday released a free module as an enhancement of one of the core modules: gammacon UDT (user defined tables), that supports additional datatypes, default values, checkboxes for boolean values and has an improved UI for editing. You can download it from dotnetnuke.gamma-concept.de.
Sebastian Leupold
gamma concept mbH

DeutschNetNuke = DotNetNuke in German

DNN Project UserDefinedTable
0
leupold
3/16/2005 12:56:16 AM
It is no secret that our 3.1 release will be highly "module-centric".  The main purpose of the 3.1 release will be to free the current "core modules" from their tight association with the framework and allow them to grow and flourish on a separate development and release schedule from the core itself.

A fundamental question is asked by module developers regarding whether DotNetNuke is "displacing" them... seeking to "put them out of business" with this effort. The answer is a resounding "NO". This has been a roadmap goal of DNN since about version 1.0.9 which is just now becoming a reality. As part of this effort we will seek to expand our community, participation and availability of open-source module options by "supporting" or incubating a limited number of other previously free modules (e.g. the forum/gallery modules). In order for DNN to ensure its continued viability, some "key" modules need to have free versions that people can count on having an upgrade path and future. By bringing them "into the fold", we intend to make certain that there will always be free upgradeable OPTIONS in these module categories. This is not our way of "raising the bar" for module developers... it is a way of making sure that end-consumers have viable free OPTIONS for some key modules. Commercial modules with more/better features/support will continue to do well (as always)! But the days of the very simple module for $$ may well be limited (as they really were when first conceived).
Honestly, this effort will probably have very beneficial long-term results for module builders in terms of its impact on the stability of the DNN core API and consideration for upgrade paths, etc. from a module builders point-of-view.
DotNetNuke has always supplied a set of basic modules for common portal functions and will continue to do so. Separating them out and opening them up for additional enhancement (and adoption of a few additional key modules) accomplishes four objectives.
1) Since these are "official" project modules, they will are guaranteed a certain level of support and upgradability with every major release.
2) Separated from the core, they can be enhanced and released as needed without the artificial dependency on packaging of the rest of DNN.
3) They no longer impact the release planning, testing, packaging of the core framework.
4) They provide sufficient functionality for most "basic" or "non-profit" type installations to have a sophisticated web presence based on completely open-source.
Yes... we do think about these things. Yes... they are happening. And Yes... they take a little time to plan, organize, assemble and deliver.
Cheers,
Scott
Scott Willhite
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly... what is essential is invisible to the eye.
~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
0
mrswoop
3/16/2005 1:37:04 AM
Scott,

what do you mean with "3.1 will be highly module centric"? I agree, that it is a very good decision to take the current modules out of the core as I see two main reasons:
- most portals do not have a need for at least some of them and need to be able to get rid of
- the core team shall get free resources for developing the core as the core shall be a stable and productive framework with best services for modules, skins and content.
There are so many open demands towards the core framework that I see no need for the core team to spin off effords due to beeing responsible for a big number of modules. Of cause there are very basic modules, that need to be provided with the release as a proof of concept - necessary especially when there are breaking changes like in DNN 3.0.
Spinning of responsibility for current core modules (either into a separate core team circle or into an outer group) will necessarily be under the constraint of staying available and up to date for free, so we are guaranteed getting a functional, consistent and easy manageable CMS. We recently started enhancing one of the core modules - User Defined Table and published a slightly enhanced version (supporting additional data types, default vaules, booleans as check boxes and a smarter editing UI), and I think, this can be an example for other improvements as well - keeping DNN simple and straight forward. Forward to an even better DotNetNuke....
Sebastian

Sebastian Leupold
gamma concept mbH

DeutschNetNuke = DotNetNuke in German

DNN Project UserDefinedTable
0
leupold
3/16/2005 2:32:00 AM
Back to Hans-Peters orginal post, I have to agree that the trend seems to be away from people giving away modules. I think this is a negative, because the community grows when new users can download DNN and then start adding free modules they find on their travels.

These people are then more likely to become power users of DNN and be able to offer something back to the community later on.
Having said all that there are some positive trends I have seen lately;
Experienced developers who have released quality, free modules start releasing some paid for modules. I would certainly be more likely to buy from these guys because the track record is there for everyone to see. So a mix of free and paid for modules seems to be a good model for some developers.
DNN itself has the free add on modules (Gallery etc) available now. As they say this will hopefully raise the bar for everyone and also help provide developers with 'best practice' models for their own efforts
Finally, there is more than one way to skin a cat - check out Scotts new site for a different way to pay for really great modules.

Regards, Nick

Free Css Skins! | nuke.nickclements.net
0
nbc
3/16/2005 3:08:46 AM
There will always be wishes. Reality is simple and sometimes harsh.

It is an open market. No one is forced to release free modules, yet we find many of them. No one prohibits you from being profitable via commercial modules.
By the same token, no one forces anyone to buy modules (regardless of complexity). Last time I took a peak out there into the real world, I saw that there's no such thing as a free lunch.

My reasoning is pretty basic. We are all lucky enough to get a free product like DNN. And we should be perfectly comfortable with people releasing modules, it is their prerrogative and freedom to do so. And since DNN is free, let's spend our savings buying those commercial modules or developing in-house or hiring a third party developer to do it for us.
It's alright to feel sad no more free modules exist, but I'd rather be happy DNN is still here.
Do you know the truth when you hear it?
0
hooligannes97
3/16/2005 4:01:37 AM
I am all for free modules.  I am also for profit.

Most of what I know about .NET comes from open source code. This is one reason I hope the freebies will be around. One thing that has been mentioned is support. If you are doing web application development for a living, you don't have the time to support everything you use/need for clients. Let's not forget the time to build all that if you cannot find it for free.
Buying a module is no different than buying a component from componentsource.com. It is also similar to buying vs.net vs. using web matrix.
Chris Paterra

0
thecrispy1
3/16/2005 4:24:22 AM
I infact agree with the policy of having free Basic Module and then it should be charged for Advance Version of the same Module, Support, Upgrade, Customisation, Features etc.
0
IndianGuru
3/16/2005 4:51:22 AM
I say let them charge what they want, honestly if you don't think that the module will save you an hours work, don't pay the 10 or 20 dollars for it.  As developers we have many expenses, tools (VS.Net, dereamweaver, photoshop, new laptops, etc.), jobs (maybe), student loans, pizza, coffee, and brain food that makes all these wonder concepts become reality (even if they are simple).  If you feel like you want to give back to the community, then release your work to the public.  But when you do make it free, people are unlikley to ever pay for it, unless you withhold essential functionality and package it with the advanced version.

When given so much it's likley that some of the grateful developers will share thier modules for free, but it shouldn't be expected. If it is truely a simple module then eventually some else may come along and release it for free. Many of the 3.0 enhancements have made 2.x paid modules obsolete. But the people who did it first probley took some time and research when building it. In fact thier work may have inspired members from the core team / free module developer to impliment the lacking features. Should they not be re-imbursed for thier time?
I've found incredible support for free modules online, even many 3.0 modules are available today. From full service Data collection/reporting modules to Online learning modules, it amazes me what people are doing with DNN, and what even amazes me more is when they give it away. I respect the time and effort put into writing/debugging software and when someone wants to use thier skills to put food on the table, or order a pizza. Fine by me.
The people who are making akilling are the ones who are selling these services to non-technical people. I'm sure that most any wannabe web-site guy could make a person ooh and awe over dnn. I met with a company about 2 years ago and they wanted to sell our non-profit an IBS portal solution, if i recall the price they wanted was around 30k to set it up. I don't know if it was DNN or not but I'm sure there are companies out there coughing up the cash. And the fact that DNN allows that is what makes it open source :)
0
jhenak
3/16/2005 5:46:54 AM
jhenak,

>Should they not be re-imbursed for thier time?
Then what would you say about the huge efforts of the Core Team????

Do you know the truth when you hear it?
0
hooligannes97
3/16/2005 2:43:55 PM
well..   they seem to have found an area ..   book sales ...  and many do their own custom modules for a fee ..   and they probably get contract work based on their core team status ...

but yes they should get something ... maybe there should be a membership forum fee .. like $10 and they can split it or something ....
0
brian_c
3/16/2005 3:32:34 PM
Fo rthe core team I say we

Buy the book

SilverlightDesktop.net

A framework that allows you to dynamically load Silverlight modules into resizable draggable windows.
0
adefwebserver
3/16/2005 3:33:24 PM

My two cents:
It is irrelevant who makes modules for or contributes to DNN and whether they provide this for free or charge money for them. The important thing to recognize is that DNN has crossed an important evolutionary milestone -- it has reached a point where it has its own sustainable market of products and services. Although this market depends partially on the actions of the Core Team, it continues to remain free. And the best part about free markets is that they are (generally) self-regulating.
So if I or someone else makes a crappy product and charges for it, a few customers may be burned. But ultimately, unless I can consistently provide good value for money, the market will ensure that I will fade away into oblivion. The same goes for free products.
IMO, people who contribute free stuff do not do it because they are more altruistic than others. Gain does not have to be economic, nor does it have to be direct. People create things for self-education, self-use, self-promotion, pride and sometimes purely for fun. Any way you look at it, there is some benefit to the person making the contribution.
As long as there are takers, I will continue to make both commercial and free products for DNN because this continually challenges me to improve my skills and gives me economic gain. In the process I will likely produce some good stuff and some crappy stuff. It's all part of the journey, which is the actual reward.
BTW, if your DNN usage is directly related to education, any Speerio product you want is yours gratis. Same goes for non-profits (please provide proof).
Nik

Nik Kalyani
Speerio, Inc.

[DotNetNuke and ASP.Net solutions here]
0
cniknet
3/16/2005 3:44:40 PM
My 5 mth old daughter is being educated on DNN at present, so far without much luck. She likes the new 3.12 version but i notice she also likes the screen saver so we may have some way to go here.

Does she qualify for free modules?
(I think I've bought all of the speerio ones so anyone else feel free to chip in)
Regards, Nick

Free Css Skins! | nuke.nickclements.net
0
nbc
3/16/2005 3:52:34 PM
@nick

how does she like th css menus and better, More people want thsi freebie so you as beta tester elt me know whats missing or not working and see what you have done with it so i can release another freebie.

Armand Datema
5 Skins, 4 SkinObject, 38 Containers, 2 Modules and more Euro 50 a year.
SchwingNuke
Offshore DNN and ASP.net development
Container Creator
0
nokiko
3/16/2005 3:56:14 PM

Of course. She can also be the first to beta test the new baby education modules I am creating for my three-month-old kid. I am using the Berchet Baby Keyboard...pretty sweet. Thank goodness for skinning!!!
Nik

Nik Kalyani
Speerio, Inc.

[DotNetNuke and ASP.Net solutions here]
0
cniknet
3/16/2005 3:59:25 PM
Oh wow , didnt know that Nik, well proof will be coming soon, as I am upgrading our Campus portals.

I orderred the book a while back but Amazon told me to wait.
Sounds like your wife plopped your 5 month old in your lap while you were working. :)
Daniel Struve
DotNetNuke Houston

0
dstruve
3/16/2005 3:59:52 PM
Yikes - caught out. I'll have something to look at tmw Armand, including a skin I can't quite get working properly (vertical menu). I'll email when its done.
Regards, Nick

Free Css Skins! | nuke.nickclements.net
0
nbc
3/16/2005 4:00:39 PM
Thats funny, we also got her a little laptop lookalike that plays sounds - absolutely loves it.
Regards, Nick

Free Css Skins! | nuke.nickclements.net
0
nbc
3/16/2005 4:03:11 PM
Free for non profits huh, I can't pass that one up.

hooligannes97
>>Should they not be re-imbursed for thier time?
>Then what would you say about the huge efforts of the Core Team????
Unfortuatley, i don't have enough money to pay the core team for what it is worth. If I had to buy this product Comercially it would be worth well over 100k, but I will instead buy the book.
One thing to note, though is that offering a membership fee to download hinders the growth of open source projects. Many people sign up to help because it's free and they feel warm and fuzzies by helping build this free platform. Also the potential to make a killer module and be re-imbursed for the lattes is a good motivation to help also (theya re almost $5.00 per :( ). I'm glad that the community supports this pay per module concept. It creates another source of revenue for the software development industry. It also teaches us to use best practices, and really levarages the Object Oriented Model, oh yeah did I mention it gives us new ideas on how to use caching. Storeing the constuctors in cache is cool, I never would have thought of that. I guess that is why I'm not on the core team.
I don't disagree with free software, I strongly support it. But to say people should be discouraged to charge is not good, and offering a free/advanced version is ok but many senarios like that have very little value add for the "Advanced Version". My point was that inorder to make that senario work you may have to withhold a great deal of functionality.
0
jhenak
3/16/2005 4:06:35 PM
@Nik ...

I'm educating myself, does that count as well? ;)

Erik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands
0
erikvb
3/16/2005 4:31:24 PM
</i>>>... if your DNN usage is directly related to education, ...</i>

Nik, is Self-Education is also considered ? ;)
(I am an eternal learner, and by God !!! I don't earn while I learn :( )
0
IndianGuru

DotNetNuke
A well known issue in DotNetNuke, when using a Custom Page to hold the Login Control. When you use a Custom Login Page, there is a problem with DNN, which is that, once the user is logged in, he/she will be redirected to the same Custom Login Page. A solution to this problem, can be found in two of the posts I did on my blog: DotNetNuke Module - FixLogin DNN - FixLogin - Revisted Hope this is helpful to you. RegardsBilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP...

Free TimeTracker module for DotNetNuke
The TimeTracker application has been ported to work with DotNetNuke Portal. The module is available for free at <link>http://www.snowcovered.com/Snowcovered2/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=23&tabindex=0&r=fht@flinthillstech.com</link> Support will be available at http://www.flinthillstech.com Looks pretty nice and is a lot easier to get going than the Time Tracker on its own. Currently I'm having two issues: - I've added projects but on the Time Entry page, the Projects drop down is empty. - On the project edit page, the Edit and Delete icons are missing.Davi...

Thinking of building a free module / free source / free tutorial / free docs...ideas?
I'm relatively new to dnn module development. As a former trainer, I learn the best by teaching and will often create a tutorial and documentation (course curriculim) and thus learn it much more in its entirity by doing so. I wanted to build a dnn module. These are my thoughts on the requirements:--Offer the PA free--Offer the Source free (same open-source licensing dnn is released under -- BSD?)--I would like to implement the "best practices" laid out by the core members or most respected members of the community. These are the rules that the certification guidelines will probably become.--...

free source, free support, free modules
hope i don't open a can of worms here, but i have a couple questions for the community. I have utmost respect for shaun and crew for their work and constant improvements in the dotnetnuke source. this is a very overwhelming task that so far is shared by few (lets say 10) developers who have devoted most waking and sleeping hours to get it out there. I have kids and a daytime job (hell, i drive a taxi to pay the bills). I am sure most others do too. this project is not funded, and all the help comes from guys like shaun, kenny, mark, phil, thomas, tom, etc. Enough of the soapbox.....

Symantec Alerts Module for DotNetNuke available
Module Name: Symantec Alerts Module Function: Symantec Security Alerts - Private Assembly Install URL to Module: www.corderman.com After you register go to downloads Version Compatibility: Developed and tested in version 1.0.10 Bert Interesting module. You think you could add a class that searched the visitor's registry for the existence of a current virus scanner and a fully windowsupdated OS install? Maybe log their IP address and MAC address to autodeny if they aren't patched with a nastygram email about being a crappy netizen? Okay, I'm dreaming here. Nice wedding ch...

Free Open Source Ecommerce Module for DotNetNuke
Free Open Source Ecommerce Module for DotNetNukeI have decided to let all users access the source code and PA for my simple DotNetNuke E-Commerce module that we build together in our Module Creation Tutorial here on TrainCert.NET. Read more here ...http://www.traincert.net/TrainingLearning/eCommerceOpenSource/tabid/83/Default.aspxIf you want to view a video on the usage & functionality of this module use this linkhttp://www.traincert.net/LinkClick.aspx?link=DNN_001_Creating_Modules_eCommerce_SQLDAL_Intro.zip&tabid=1&mid=458If you want to view the complete (15 videos/3 hours)...

Integrate CMS.NET (Stephen Fraser) as a module in DotNetNuke!
I'm working on a project at my university. Now I'm trying to add CMS.NET as a module to DotNetNuke. Anyone has any idea, please share it with me and other people. Thanks in advance. What is CMS.NET?View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse ProxyOnly $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005 You can go to DotNetNuke forum, subforum Custom Modules, the same title can be seen there.>> forums.asp.net>> DotNetNuke>>>> Custom Modules  ...

Integrate CMS.NET(Stephen Fraser) as a module to DotNetNuke!
I'm working on a project at my university. Now I'm trying to add CMS.NET as a module to DotNetNuke version 3.0.13. Anyone have any idea, please share it with me and other people? Thanks in advance. Hi what is CMS.NET?McKelt Solutions are you talking about the contracting estimating software I think you will have to get some source code for that from the companyDylan Barberread my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com Hi all,I though that every one knew CMS.NET. Sorry for that. It's a content management system written by Stephen Fraser, and it comes with the book: Real World ASP.NE...

Free open source Single-Sign-On module for DotNetNuke 3
Some of you may have downloaded this module from http://opensource.indyneinc.com/home/DevX/Articles/SingleSignOnforDotNetNuke3/tabid/99/Default.aspx I just uploaded the new source code that have the following enhancements Use class instead of string variables when feeding data to DNN method to add/update users (improve speed) User interface to set Role Name that will put users into this role when mass importing users.  This setting is available under Module -> Settings -> SSO Settings Standardize on view/sp names.  DBA can modify these view/store procedu...

Free Tutorial: Automating VS 2005 DotNetNuke Module Building Tasks
Tired of always running those SQL scripts to register your new module?  Here's how to do it automatically, and a lot more.  Visit the Visual Studio 2005 Automation Tutorial here on the Powerhouse Data site.-doug, Powerhouse Data Very well done, Doug. I'm sure this will be helpful to many.Jean-MarieJean-Marie Bonnarwww.speerio.net...

Free DotNetNuke Competition for 8+ Smart-Thinker Modules and DNN Creative Subscription
Free Gold Subscription - 8+ modules from Smart-Thinker ($45) and a free Subscription to DNN Creative Magazine ($44) for this months Flash Game Competition Giveaway. This month Smart-Thinker have kindly donated a Gold Subscription ($45) as a prize to DNN Creative.Achieve the top score playing either Snake (for 8+ modules from Smart-Thinker) or PacMan (for DNN Creative subscription) and enter your DNN Creative username into the scoreboard. The top score at the end of the month wins.The closing date for the competition is 17:00 GMT on the 18th July 2006.If you are already a subscriber to DN...

Release of the free Host Lookup and Ping module with full source for DotNetNuke 4 from www.workcontrol.com
This module can be used to look up a host name's ip address and then ping it.  It is free for download by all registered users.  Full source code is included.Advanced User/Role Manager Module for DotNetNuke...

Free Forum for DotNetNuke....
I'm looking for a forum to use with a DotNetNuke site that is free without any of the little gimmicks like popups or extremely limited features.  Any suggestions? Mr.Right I guess http://www.dnnbb.net is quite a good one in that case.Great advantage: you can give role-based permissions.Juna.nl - Module Development and Hosting Besides the Core Froum, which you can Download at DNN , I would suggest having a look at YAF. You can try a DNN integration here greets mike ...

Optimized VS.Net Solution for custom modules + free modules
I like to leave the DNN core code untouched when I do my module development. Also, I like to work with a clean VS.Net solution which has my custom modules and none of the core projects. After playing around with it for some time, I have created a VS.Net Solution that allows me to do exactly that and I would like to share it with anyone interested. It's called "My Modules" and can be used to develop/debug DNN modules without requiring any core project references. I have blogged about my solution in detail and also posted it for download. In the download package, I have also inclu...

Web resources about - Where are all the free modules for the free CMS DotNetNuke ? - asp.net.dotnetnuke

DotNetNuke CMS Is Now DNN Evoq
DNN Evoq available in the cloud via Windows Azure

DotNetNuke Brings Open Source Social To Windows
Social features added to both the commercial and free community editions of the open source content management system for the Microsoft.NET platform. ...

Winner and Still Champ, DotNetNuke
By popular demand, DotNetNuke, which built an open source empire on the Microsoft .Net platform

DotNetNuke: An Open-Source CMS ... For Microsoft Web Sites
Version 7.0 of DotNetNuke, an open-source content-management system that you've probably never heard of, is now released and bringing enterprise-level ...

DotNetNuke acquires software firm iFinity to beef up its Web content management platform
DotNetNuke (DNN), the Silicon Valley company behind a popular Web content management platform for Microsoft .NET, this morning announced that ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

Harrison Jones - LinkedIn
View Harrison Jones's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Harrison ...

Talk:Web application framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If I may be so bold , this article would benefit from a total rewrite; in its current form the article provides little information and, I suspect, ...

Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > Home
Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club LORDS RACEWAY IMAGE GALLERY All the colour and ...

Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > Home
Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club VICTORY FOR ARCHIE Star striker scores first ...