Webhosts in Europe

Hi!

I´m located in Scandinavia, europe. I have tried webhost4life which I really like, and one other US webhost.
Some of my customers are a little bit sceptic to place their sites on US webhosts, overseas, and Í sometimes experiencing long ping times.
Most of european hosts are more expensive if you want to run SQL server.
What webhosts are you european guys using?
Do you know of any good European host where It´s possible to run DNN with SQL server?

0
dnnfan

I am still looking ...

1&1 are no use ... they do not like running dnn for various non specific reasons which each take at least two days before I get additional information.
www.inetc.net might be worth a try... I used them years ago ... but not with SQL access.
let me know how you get on.
Rob
Visit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quality threads.

TextLayout Module - create multiple column layouts easily
0
bobster234
10/26/2004 10:01:31 AM
I've tried about 5 hosts in France looked around everywhere and I'm finally using wh4l and if clients worry about where their site is located I just explain to them why I'm hosting overseas. Better price, better support , knowledge of the product. For a major site I'll probably go with MaximumASP though, (also overseas)

Lycka till
Leif
Leif
0
leiner
10/26/2004 11:08:01 AM
Biggest problem I have found is with data protection as I can have client's data being stored outside the EU which can be an issue for them.

I would agree with you MaximumASP do sound like a better bet for a more serious site based in US.
Other issue to consider is if you register a .com address and host it in the US then google with consider this a US site and may not show it on local searches!
Rob

Visit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quality threads.

TextLayout Module - create multiple column layouts easily
0
bobster234
10/26/2004 11:20:33 AM
I recommend www.domainbox.de. Very competitive prices, fast servers in Germany,  generous amounts of SQL and excellent (English speaking) support.

//Niels
0
niemeyer
10/26/2004 4:39:44 PM
Finally managed to get dnn install on www.inetc.net ... which is uk based.

It took several support calls to change permissions and setup the sql db but we got there in the end.
You can reach them on http://tinyurl.com/43bg8 if you wish to give me the affiliate payment or http://www.inetc.net if you don't...
If you add DotNetNuke in the sign up notes they said it will help track the amount of signups they get
All the best
Rob
Visit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quality threads.

TextLayout Module - create multiple column layouts easily
0
bobster234
10/26/2004 4:55:07 PM
If you like, please contact me ap[at]aixvision.com. We are a business hoster located in germany and we provide DNN hosting on our Windows 2003 machines for our customers. Please refer to the following webs, which we have created and which host for our customers:

www.fimea.net, www.hockey-olympia.de, www.jhl.de, www.creutz-partners.com, www.triveco.com
Andreas
0
pellini

dotnetnuke webhost
hello,   where can i find a webhost which supports dotnetnuke. tnx Hi.. I can't name the specific companies, but with a search over the DotNetNuke Forum you will hit many threads on the subject... pros and cons.  The subject seems to come up monthly.  I did a search for "best host" and got this list.   http://forums.asp.net/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=Best+Host&f=OTA=&u=Hope that helps.TMMJust a happy DNN User! Sir, I am just a beginner, I would prefer some free host for dotnetnuke ..:)Thanx try : www.DotNetNuke-Portal.com It's free Free ...

VS.NET 2003 Project Templates for DotNetNuke from dnnjungle.vmasanas.net
First, many thanks Vicenç Masanas for provide the free template.  Your tool has help many of us to speedup the development effort.Questions:1.  After install the template, there is option to generate DNN Module Communicator and DNN Module Listerner.  Anyone try these?  Any sample code to show how they suppose to work?2.  There are CodeSmith template to generate Info, Controller, Data Provider, SQL DataProvider.  These template go against table only.  Is there away to generate code from a view or store procedure?It is a free tool so one should not ...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Datawindows.net and Dotnetnuke??
Anybody working with Datawindows.net and Dotnetnuke?? Thanks! Mel foothillgroup@yahoo.com ...

Cheap .NET webhosting?
I didnt' know where to post this on the forums, so hopefully mods can help me if this isn't the correct spot. I"m looking for a good reliable (w/ uptime) webhost that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for hosting .NET and/or SQL.  I have a couple of client projects upcoming and at least one is hoping to avoid hosting fees over the 10-15/mo arena and I"m most familiar with CFML hosts. Are there good one's out there, tried, tested and true, that I can be pointed to? Thank youPeter VarvaisWeb DeveloperMadrona Medical Group----------------------------------------ASP.net/VB.net/SQL2K<>...

dotnetnuke.traincert.net
Please visit http://dotnetnuke.traincert.net for great videos on advanced dotnetnuke topics. Videos that will provide you with the knowledge to implement, maintain, extend and develop portals with dotnetnuke. You'll become proficient as a dnn administrator and developer. On the site you will find training videos that cover the most advanced dotnetnuke concepts. http://dotnetnuke.traincert.net /Jan Blomquist [MVP]Senior Developerhttp://gaiaware.net - Ajax building blocks for ASP.NET Hi Jan, I see you have the forums up and running on your site. I noticed that you installed the...

LiveStats.NET and DotNetNuke
I am looking at DeepMetrics - LiveStats.NET application to provide stats and reporting for a website I am launching. I am wondering if anyone has had success with this or a similar statistics application in DotNetNuke. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,Cary I've used LiveStats.XSP with DNN 3.x.  Works fine.  I just assigned meaningful names to the arcane URLs so that I could see "Contact Us" in the reports instead of "/Contact/tabid/127/Default.aspx" Personally, I would look at something like AWStats too.  It's free, and does many of the same things...

net send in .net

Net Farmers net

.net not working on my webhost (my fault or theirs?)
I am just starting to use .net and put a test page up on my website. The test was just one file, test.aspx, in an emply folder on the website. When I go to the page, it comes up with a password prompt (looks like it is asking for an IIS password). When I asked the webhosting company about it, they said that I needed to install a bin directory to store the dll for my app, which sounded strange since I don't really have an app...just one test page. And the page works fine on my machine's IIS. Before I go back to them, can someone confirm that I don't need any other files except the one asp...

Using Ajax.NET with DotNetNuke
Hello all. I hope I am not reposting anything that has been posted previously. I did a search for this topic and only found two threads each suggesting that XmlHttpRequest could be used to solve different issues and the subsequent referral to Ajax.NET which is a great library BTW. I have been able to get it to work in a regular ASP.NET application and even using ASCX controls but I cannot get it to work in DNN. The paths that are written out using the Ajax.Utility.RegisterTypeForAjax() method is the same as is written out in any other standalone ASP.NET application: <script type...

Web resources about - Webhosts in Europe - asp.net.dotnetnuke

13 million plaintext passwords belonging to webhost users leaked online
... Hunt ) A security researcher has discovered a trove of more than 13 million plaintext passwords that appear to belong to users of 000Webhost ...

Webhost Easily hit by malware attack
UK webhosting company Easily has emailed its customers to inform them that it has fallen victim to a malware attack. COO Edwina McDowall says ...

Reddit-clone Voat booted by its German webhost
The Reddit -clone Voat announced Friday that its hosting provider shut off its servers and terminated its contract. Voat is a Switzerland-based ...

Multi-stage attack compromises customers of French webhost OVH
French webhost, OVH, is urging customers to change their passwords after attackers were able to compromise the company's European customer database ...

Webhost Protests FCC's Net Neutrality Proposal By Limiting FCC Access To 28.8Kbps
Earlier this week, venture capitalist Brad Feld put up a good post concerning the risk of the FCC's "open internet" rules actually turning into ...

Torrent Site Webhost Ordered to Pay "Piracy" Damages
Ernesto / TorrentFreak : Torrent Site Webhost Ordered to Pay “Piracy” Damages — For years Dutch anti-piracy group BREIN has tried to find out ...

WebHost Owner Cleared of Aiding Torrent Site Piracy
Following a complaint from Swedish anti-piracy group Antipiratbyrån, in November 2011 police carried out raids in two locations against private ...

13 million passwords compromised in webhost hack
The web-hosting service 000Webhost stored user passwords as plain text. We know this because 13 million of them were exposed in a five-month ...

Webhost hack wipes out data for 100,000 sites
Vaserv suspects zero-day virtualization vuln

Wikipedia:Edit filter/False positives/Archive 9 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well as I said the last time, I dont see anything wrong with the edit, but if youre banned, even "good" edits can't be allowed. And now youre ...