Using Dot Net Nuke to maintain a site developed in VS.NET using C#

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to create a site using C# and Visual Studio.NET 2003, but then use Dot Net Nuke to allow non-technical users to add content to the site.  The current state of the site must be accessible in both VS.NET and DNN regardless of which application saved it last.  Also preferably I would like the language used to remain C# even when edited by the marketing staff, so that I can still maintain it myself using VS.NET.  Hope you understand what I mean.
If this is not possible, I wonder if anyone knows what solution I am after.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Steve.
0
steve_bagnall

you can use DNN to set up the site and you can use VS.NET to modify the site after you build it.

you can use VS.NET to write new modules for your DNN portal in either C# or VB.NET... whichever you prefer.

If you are asking if you can create a new we site using VS.NET (create a page and add some content to it) and then later use DNN to manage it.. the short answer is no (you could use an IFRame in DNN to display the site but DNN would not be able to intereact with the we app you wrote unless you wrote you app to do so)

I hope that helps,

Steve Walker
Senior Consultant
SharePoint Forums
SharePoint Architecture
0
Imsoccrman
5/2/2005 4:22:51 PM
Is content for your independent site retrieved from a database, or
could it be? If so, you could probably find some way to use a custom
module in DNN for the marketing staff to maintain the content, but it
seems like overkill.

Mick
0
mickjones

Thanks for your responses.  My current option is to write a bespoke application that produces an XML representation of the marketing data, then use XSLT batch transforms to produce the aspx pages; does your option still seem like overkill, or would it be easier than this?

Cheers,

Steve.

0
steve_bagnall

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Cross-Platform .NET Development: Using Mono, Portable.NET, and Microsoft .NET
Interesting book I came across: Cross-Platform .NET Development $49.99 doesn't hurt too much either :) NOTE: Availability: This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. It's being released on September 30th, 2004 - one to keep an eye on...www.codingmayhem.com - VB.NET, C#, Silverlight, Javascript, HTML, CSS, T-SQL, MySQL and SQLitewww.headshotgamer.com - Gaming News and Reviews How about this book from Oreilly? Mono: A Developer's Notebook http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/monoadn/...

use of vb.net and c#.net

Using a REST API using "Astoria" (with .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1)
Hello! I'm really interested in learning how to work with the new .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1 (still beta). Here is my question: I would like to use a REST API that is not made by me. I'm talking about the REST API of Community Server 2008 (www.communityserver.org). I've got the full specification of the API. They have it well documented and ready to go. It appears to be very easy to use, but... HOW? How to connect the web services with the new .NET 3.5 properly? The full specification can be read here: http://api.communityserver.org. I've successully used...

Switch back from using VS.Net 2005 to VS.Net 2003
Hi All, Last Month I installed VS.Net 2005 using Framework 2.0 beta 1. Everything worked great using VS.Net 2005. Today, I decided to switch back to VS.Net 2003. I need to do some other projects that has been developed using Framework 1.1. When I open my ASP.Net project using VS.Net 2003, I got this error "The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web Project located at the following URL:....... 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem without uninstall VS.Net2005 and reinstall VS.Net2003? Great...

How to use InterBase with VS.NET (vb.net)??
Hi all; Q1:How can I use "InterBase" as a RDMS with Visual Studio.NET (VB.NET) for developing a small application?? Q2:What should I use for a Data Provider? Q3:How ConnectionString will be build?? Thanks in advanced!Regards,CS4Ever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will ALL know you have been helped. This will help me, you and others....

Issue using control created in VS.net 2003 in VS.net 2002
I have a friend that has an issue using my asp.net C# custom control in Visual Studio.net 2002 that I have compiled under Visual Studio.net 2003. I never did test it with that version, but I was under the impression that it should still work as long as you don't use any features specific to the 1.1 framework (which I really don't think I did). My guess now is that this is correct, but only when using 2002 controls in 2003. I have searched the web, these forums, and MSDN for the last 30 minutes with no real answer. The guy that runs MetaBuilders (http://www.metabuilders.com/Faq.aspx) tell...

C#.NET in VS.NET vs. C# in Web Matrix
Hi all, I am very new to .NET ... I realized C#.NET is only available from Visual Studio.NET ... however, I realized Web Matrix also allowed us to choose C# as language but not C#.NET ... they are not the same, right? If not, then why it's in Web Matrix which runs ASP.NET?? If I need to run C#.Net, I MUST GET VS.NET, right? Can C#.NET has the abality to create chat program? Thank you very much. C#.NET and C# are the same thing. JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets So ... that means I can use web matrix t...

Can I install and use my VS.NET 2002 MSDN Help in VS.NET 2003?
Hi! I would like to know if I could install MSDN help from VS.NET 2002 (Architect) for VS.NET 2003 (Architect). Thanks! :)...

Re: Gadget using vb.net and c#.net
 Hi, I am new to Gadget Concept. i want to create new Gadget. it must show the name 'Gadget Application'. pls, guide me how to create Gadget using .net application with some sample. thanks for your help in advance. Regards,Suriyanarayana.N  Unfortunately creating a Gadget using the .NET framework is not so simple. I have found a few post that might help you understand the process:http://www.codeproject.com/KB/gadgets/gadgettips.aspx http://www.codeproject.com/KB/gadgets/GadgetInterop.aspx Gabriel Bogéa (http://www.gbogea.com)-----------------Please 'Mark...

How to configure VS.NET to use NET Framework 2.0?
Hello I have just downloaded the beta version of .NET Framework 2.0 and I have Visual Studio 2003. How can I configure VS to use this new version 2.0, instead of 1.1? Thank you in advance. - Jasem Jasem Al-ShamlanInternet Applicationshttp://i.com.kwKuwait You can't, to build a .Net 2.0 application you need VS 2005./Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog...

Web resources about - Using Dot Net Nuke to maintain a site developed in VS.NET using C# - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Least developed country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Least developed country ( LDC ) is the name given to a country which, according to the United Nations , exhibits the lowest indicators of socioeconomic ...

Developed country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A developed country can be defined through economic growth and security. Most commonly the criteria for evaluating the degree of development ...

Koloid - hand developed photography on the App Store on iTunes
Get Koloid - hand developed photography on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

All sizes - Buzzword Bingo: Crowdsourcing = Content developed by a group of people - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...

New Method Developed to Detect Ebola Virus - WCS - YouTube
http://www.wcs.org A group of international scientists led by the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) have developed a new method to study Ebola ...

Islamic State and Jabhat al-Nusra seize wheat farms developed with Aussie aid
Thousands of hectares of wheat-farming land in Syria and Ira benefiting from a long term multimillion-dollar Australian aid program are under ...

High visibility clothing for females developed by Queensland woman
While they might be getting good salaries, women in the mining industry haven't had good options when it comes to their work uniforms.

US, Israel developed Flame computer virus: report
US, Israel developed Flame computer virus: report

Australia ranked worst-performing developed nation on climate performance
Australia is the worst-performing developed nation when it comes to climate-change action, a survey by European non-government organisations ...

Eye-control software developed for phones, tablets
Eye-control software developed for phones, tablets