Upgrade Error: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "www.myhairnet.com" Key being added: "www.myhairnet.com"

I recieved the following error when I upgraded my remote server's test environment from 2.1.2 to 3.0.12:

*********************
DotNetNuke Upgrade Error
The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] )
ERROR: Could not connect to database.
Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "www.myhairnet.com" Key being added: "www.myhairnet.com"
********************
I copied the DNN 3.0.12 zip to the server and unzipped it to over the existing test environment after carefully renaming the 2.1.2 web.config. Then I opened the 2.1.2 config and copied the connection string (database, uid and pw) and pasted that info into the 3.0.12 web.config. Then I loaded the default.aspx page and the proper "upgrading DNN" page came up. The last message was that the upgrade was successful.
Then I clicked on the, "Access your new portal" link at the bottom and that's when I got the error above. MyHairNet.com is the primary portal.
Thanks in advance,
Jack Swaton
StarryHost.com
0
Jack

Did you have success in fixing this? I am getting the same error, but obviously with my site info.

I assume there is another thread out here that addresses this issue, but I'm having trouble finding it.

Thanks,
Jean

0
jagordon05
4/5/2005 7:05:26 PM
try to look at your portalalias table and report what is in it ...
0
brian_c
4/5/2005 7:17:04 PM

Brilliant! Thank you.

Jean

0
jagordon05

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "Literal1" Key being added: "Literal1"
I intermittently get the error above. I seems to appear when I have made alterations to the GUI of a Custom Module. Does anbody know what causes this to happen?RegardsAndre Colbiornsen ---------------------------------Seventh DayRåbygatan 1A,SE-223 61 LundSwedenMob.: +46-(0)708-97 78 79Mail: info@seventhday.se-------------------------------- Can you put this in a code context. What line is it happening on? Please provide the source surrounding where this error happens. There are a couple of reasons why this may be happening and code may help find the problem. CheersTom Lucas Neve...

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "4" Key being added: "4"
I am getting this error "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "4" Key being added: "4" All the other site on the server are working fine excep one which is giving obove error. I didnt made any updates still. show us the code you're using and show us the area where this error is being delivered.David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as A...

General Exception Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "monday" Key being added: "monday"
I just noticed I have 1000's of these in my log...AssemblyVersion: -1Method: FileName: FileLineNumber: -1FileColumnNumber: -1PortalID: -1PortalName: UserID: -1UserName: ActiveTabID: -1ActiveTabName: AbsoluteURL: AbsoluteURLReferrer: ExceptionGUID: DefaultDataProvider: InnerException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "monday" Key being added: "monday"Message: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "monday" Key being added: "monday" at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add) at System.Collections....

Replacing "http://www.mysite.com/" with "http://www.mysite.com/DefaultPage.aspx" ?
Hello,If I go to a web site with a default page set, the name of the page is not shown in the URL, which is a correct behaviour. The problem is that I can't detect this page as a referrer after going to some other page. Is there a solution for this? Can I find a referrer even in case of the default page? Or can I use URL rewriting to modify the URL to always show the default page? If I can, how?Thanks for any help,Radoslav   Hi,Look at my answer in this topic.http://forums.asp.net/t/1151272.aspx Zafar IqbalVP TechnologyHansvits** Please mark as ANSWER if my reply helped ...

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary:"musician"
What on earth could this be causing this error? It fills up the log file with an entry every few minutes, and I suspect it may have something to do with intermittently balooning process memory use. It also causes occasional "IO exception, log file in use" error that scare my users. I'd like nothing better than to clear whatever dictionary referred to here, but this error log doesn't tell much. I certainly don't have any content that refers to musicians, except the possible use of the 'small business template' when creating a few of my portals. Thanks. <logs><log LogGUID="75...

Are there different between ViewState.Add("key","Word"); and ViewState["key"] = "Word";
I think the 1 and 2 are complete same, is it correct? 1. ViewState.Add("key","Word"); 2. ViewState["key"] = "Word";SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator You are correct, option 2 is short hand for option 1.Philip Beadle (MVP, MCAD, MCT DotNetNuke Core Team)...

Call for Opinions: To "www" or not to "www" ...
Everyone, I'm in a quandary. I made a mistake many years ago when I setup our DNS. I thought it would be cool if "anything.grc.com" would resolve to the same IP as just "grc.com". Our web server, therefore, would answer the call from any subdomain -- real, imagined, fictitious, gibberish, or "www". And I've never thought of us as "www.grc.com" -- just "grc.com". It's shorter, minimal, unique, sufficient. But one side effect of this "anything goes" domain name prefixing is that typos have crept into ...

<key id="key_savePage" key="&savePageCmd.command.key;" command-"Broswer:SavePage" modifiers="accel"/> ----^
Name: yel0sub Email: yel0subatcomcastdotnet Product: SeaMonkey Summary: <key id="key_savePage" key="&savePageCmd.command.key;" command-"Broswer:SavePage" modifiers="accel"/> ----^ Comments: Downloaded SeaMonkey 1.1.5 with same result on installation. PowerBook G4 OS X 10.4.10 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070802 SeaMonkey/1.1.4 ...

Clicking on any URL in Tbird tries to open "www.g.com" and gets error "Page not found"
Hi, When I click on a url in Thunderbird, either in an email or a news item, I get two tabs: One is for www.g.com, and says problem loading page, page not found, and the other is the actual URL I was trying to reach. I'm guessing this has to do with the calendar? But I don't have the lightning extension installed, and would like to get rid of this error. Any suggestions? I've tried searching on this, but have not gotten any answers that fit. Thanks, Karen -- Karen Roberts Karen Roberts wrote: > Hi, > > When I click on a url in Thunderbird, eith...

Single Quote Error While writing RegisterClientScriptBlock("key", "Value")
Hi Friends, I am facing one problem due to single quote. I am writing underwritten script to close currently opened form and to get those values in another form. ############################################################# strScript as string strscript = " <script> window.opener.document.Form1.txtAddressLocationh2.value='Factory'; window.close(); </script> " Me.RegisterClientScriptBlock("key", strScript) ############################################################# Now if i have value of "Facto'ry" instead o...

Your "http://www.google.com/firefox" web page should include a hyperlink to "Language Tools" underneath the "Advanced Search" hyperlink and the "Google" logo should be a hyperlink to the standard Goog
Name: Charles Douglass Garnett III Email: cgarnettatstudentdotumassdotedu Product: Firefox Summary: Your "http://www.google.com/firefox" web page should include a hyperlink to "Language Tools" underneath the "Advanced Search" hyperlink and the "Google" logo should be a hyperlink to the standard Google website. Comments: Your "http://www.google.com/firefox" web page should include a hyperlink to "Language Tools" underneath the "Advanced Search" hyperlink and the "Google" logo should be a hyperlink t...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Before the AIM serach thing, I could go to the adress box and type in the website's name with out "www" or ".com" and it would lead me straight to the website---for instants typing in "wiki" or "googl
Name: Aaron Mohammed Email: trinierrnboi117atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Before the AIM serach thing, I could go to the adress box and type in the website's name with out "www" or ".com" and it would lead me straight to the website---for instants typing in "wiki" or "google" or "myspace" now the stupid AIM search thing comes up and its REALLY annoying becuase im ust to the other way Comments: Thank You Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: h...

Web resources about - Upgrade Error: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "www.myhairnet.com" Key being added: "www.myhairnet.com" - asp.net.dotnetnuke