The HTML files failed to load in the Web Form designer

I'm a bit stuck on this at the moment. I cannot open any existing (or new) aspx/ascx files in designer mode. I do not have a problem in new solutions in VS.NET.

The error I get is:
The file failed to load in the Web Form designer. Please correct the following error, then load it again: The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed. The designer inspected the follwing classes in the file:
DiscussDetails-- The base class 'DotNetNuke.PortalModuleControl' cannot be designed.
or
DesktopPortalBanner -- The base class 'System.Web.UI.UserControl cannot be designed.
etc.
Am I missing something?
Many thanks in advance.
0
gary

Is this a feature of the dotNetNuke project that you can only view the usercontrols in HTML view? Or is there something wrong with my installation?

Can anybody else view HTML in design mode in the donetnuker solution? (1.0.10).
Many thanks,
Gary
0
gary
2/9/2004 4:00:05 PM
Have you rebuilt the project since opening it up in Visual Studio?  I know that when I first try to open a file (like DesktopDefault.aspx), I get that same error.  But, after compiling once the error goes away.

Josh Weinstein

DNNSkins.com

4Birckhead Consulting Services
0
weinstein_josh
2/9/2004 4:05:39 PM
And no, that is not a feature of DotNetNuke by any means.
Josh Weinstein

DNNSkins.com

4Birckhead Consulting Services
0
weinstein_josh
2/9/2004 4:07:01 PM
Hi

I have solved the problem now:
I deleted the .sln file
Then I hacked the .vbproj file in Notepad to remove references to:
HintPath = "..\..\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\System.Windows.Forms.dll"
(1.0 framework references, I have both framework versions on my PC)
Then, when I opened the .vbproj (in VS 2003) it then offered to upgrade the application and I could then view forms in the designer.
I also had to remove the reference to Microsoft.VisualBasic as it said it was ambiguous. This may also have been to due 1.0/1.1 framework reasons, as this problem went away too.
Many thanks
Gary
0
gary
2/9/2004 4:20:37 PM
Glad you were able to solve this.

Happy DotNetNuking!

Jeremy White
Webstone, LLC
My DNN Blog
0
jwhite
2/9/2004 4:39:22 PM
When I build it the first time after opening a fresh solution in VS.NET 2003, it creates a new .sln file that I then let overwrite the existing one.  So I think it will do that automatically for you next time if you just build it once before trying to open anything.

Glad to hear you hacked a solution though!
Josh Weinstein

DNNSkins.com

4Birckhead Consulting Services
0
weinstein_josh

The file failed to load in the Web Form designer.
I have a problem when i am trying to open the .aspx files in the Visual Studio. example: I am trying to view the "desktopdefault.aspx" and i am getting this pop-up message: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The file failed to load in the Web Form designer. Please correct the following error, then load it again: The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes with it can be designed. The designer inspected the following classes in the file: DesktopDefault --- The bse class...

File failed to load in the web form designer error
Today when I went to open several standard modules in IBUYSPY in VS I get this error message but it doesn't give the the reason other than EXCEPTION FROM HRESULT: 0x80131019. Anyone have a clue what this could be? Hi csharprun, Did you find any solution to your problem? I am having the same thing but with VB.NET. And no solution still of what might be causing this error. The error pops up everytime I try to open an webcontrol form. Hi csharprun, I found the problem. Do you have any Managed C++ Assemblies referenced in your project? If so, you may set these ass...

"The file failed to load in the Web Form designer..."
When ever I open up one my forms in VS.NET it gives me this error. "The file failed to load in the Web Form designer. Please correct the following error, then load the form again: Type Abstract" I think it has something to do with the fact that my forms are inheriting a custom Page class called Root_Page that I added a few things to that I use on all of my forms. Frankly the error is getting annoying and it's making adding web form controls to my pages a read pain to implement. Is there some way I can get rid of this error? A work-around, tricking the IDE.... anything Worka...

The File could not be loaded into the Web Forms Designer
I have seen this issue addressed a few times on the overall messageboard and know it can be resolved.  In fact it even went away for me once, then came back.  So here is the situation:Create a Web Page or Control Class of your own.  Lets say MyControlClass, and it inherits a base control, Inherits UserControl.  Once you change your new control class to inherit MyControlClass you get this error message from Visual Studio and your aspx or ascx file can not be displayed in design mode.Now my question is why is this not an issue with controls that inherit PortalModuleControl ...

The file could not be loaded into the web forms designer
Hi,I have a web application that contains a few webforms derived from a custom class 'Pinnacle.CMS.CMSTemplate' which is itself derived from Page.  The important point is that these pages have been designed in the designer, and opend and closed lots of times.  The entire web application runs correctly including the 'CMSTemplate' derived pages, but as of this morning, I open Visual Studio and can no longer open the 'CMSTemplate' derived pages in the designer.I am presented with the following error:"The file could not be loaded into the Web Forms Designer...

the file could not be loaded into the web designer form
hii am tryign to open the dotnetnuke project...file default.aspx...when i click on this file i get this error:the file could not be loaded into the web designer form.please correct the follwoing error and then try loading it again:TYPE abstractmake sure all classes used in this are built or referenced in the project can anyone suggest me what i am missing out.thanks a lot for replyingsamiralso, i ve rebuit the solution. only thing i am chaign is in the web.config file...its really frustrating I think that the problem you're having is possibly caused because the default.aspx.vb file says t...

The file could not be loaded into the Web Forms designer?
I know this is an FAQ, but I'm kind of stumped.I opened the DNN Solution .DotNetNuke.DesktopModules.sln. In this solution the Module projects work fine. I can double click an existing ASCX file and view it in the VS.NET designer.I created a simple module using the project templates from http://dnnjungle.vmasanas.net/Default.aspx?tabid=28. I added my module project to the solution, set up the references, and rebuilt the whole solution. When I double click an ASCX file from my project I get the following message: The file could not be loaded into the Web Forms designer. Please correc...

File could not be loaded into Web Forms designer.
I  have DotNetNuke 3.1 installed and running properly on localhost.  Once again, the application runs beautifully.  However, when I attempt to open certain pages e.g. root\default.aspx or root\rss.aspx I get the error message below.  I am using MS Visual Studio.NET 2003 Enterprise Architect.  Has anyone seen this error before?  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.***************************Microsoft Development Environment 'The file could not be loaded into the Web Forms designer.  Please correct the following error and then try loading it again:  ...

This file failed to load in the Worb Form designer
I am a newer with DotNetNuke and .NET as well. I installed the whole portal application on my machine. It runs fine. But when open the .aspx files, I get error messages "This file failed to load in the Worb Form designer. Please correct the following erro, the load it again: The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed." This is a error, or just because the the imherited classes from the NameSpace DotNetNuke are already built into an assembly? Can I get rid of the error message because it is very annoying. Thanks! Ju...

The file could not be loaded into the Web Forms designer PROBLEM
the HELP for this error is: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbref/html/vberrthefilecouldnotbeloadedintowebformsdesigner.asp but I still can not fix it I have OWN CLASS , I do reference and all is corect the Site working but I still can not access to DESIGN MODE It is give me error: WebForm -- The base class "MyCommonWebDLL.baseForm" cound not be loaded. Ensure the assembly has been referenced or built if it is part ot the project. Make sure all of the classes used in the page are build or referenced in the project. valhttp://www...

"The file could not be loaded into the Web Forms designer"
I'm having some problem with my Visual Studio.NET 2003 (.NET 1.1 SP1) install. I am unable to use the web forms designer with any aspx file whose form class inherits from a base class. I'm implementing the page controller design pattern and everything has been working fine until now. My form inherits from a base class called CampusNET.CampusPage. The class exists, is included in the project and compiles just fine. If I replace the base class for my form with the standard System.Web.UI.Page, the designer can open the form without any problems, but as soon as I try to inherit from my base c...

Web Form Fails To Load in VS.NET w/ sample code
I have a BasePage class and a StandardPage class. The BasePage inherits from the System.Web.UI.Page object, and then the StandardPage inherits from BasePage. System.Web.UI.Page | | BasePage | | StandardPage The BasePage has some Properties that access the Request object. Now I have an 'index.aspx' page with no codebehind and inherits the 'StandardPage' object through the PageDirective tags. When I try to view the 'index.aspx' in the designer, it breaks saying "accessor fails... Request has no instance' (Something like that) Anyway when I comment o...

Debugging exception when loading a web page in the Web Forms Designer
In a project at work I have inherited, I am getting an exception when loading an .aspx page in the Web Forms designer. The project was originally created with VS .NET 2002 and I am upgrading it to VS .NET 2003. It appears that the Web Forms designer actually attempts to instantiating an instance of the codebehind class in order to bring ou the Web Forms designer page. Why does it do this ?The codebehind class inherits from another class, which inherits from System.Web.UI.Page. It is in this other class in which the exception is occurring.Is there any way I can debug this so that I can find o...

Problem in Receiving the files that had been attached with my web form using a html file input
Hello there!,I am having trouble in receiving the attached files from a html file input !.First of all i have added a master page and made this form as a content page!Actaully the view state of this html file input is not maintaining when the page is posted back!. It says Request.Files.Count=0 even i had attached a file!Before adding the master page it worked fine!Could you please tell me a solution!,My Code isif (Request.Files.Count != 0){HttpFileCollection files = Request.Files;DataTable Table4 = new DataTable();DataColumn Doc_Name = new DataColumn();Doc_Name.ColumnName = "Documents&q...

Web resources about - The HTML files failed to load in the Web Form designer - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Designer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Classically, the main areas of design were only painting , sculpture and architecture , which were understood as the major arts. The design of ...

Web Designer Wall – Design Trends and Tutorials
Web Designer Wall is a blog designed and maintained by Nick La. Topics focus on web design, tutorials, and modern design trends.

Shop top designers now using Apple Pay with Gilt
... popular app for shopping luxury brands with huge discounts has received an update that includes Apple Pay. Gilt now makes grabbing those designer ...

Production Designer Judy Becker On Creating Period New York City For ‘Carol’ And ‘Joy’
A frequent collaborator of directors Todd Haynes and David O. Russell , production designer Judy Becker is back this year with new films from ...

You can buy designer Super Mario clothes for probably hundreds of dollars
... Vader with a Mickey Mouse head in Chinatown for $5, but ain't nothing like the real thing, baby. Nintendo has partnered with Italian designer ...

How Countess Jacqueline de Ribes Went From Style Icon To Couture Designer
... de Ribes achieved rare crossover: the elegant French Countess and socialite, considered a style icon during the '50s and '60s, became a designer ...

China's New Wave Of Designers
Western fashion has long been inspired by China, but what about the country's own designers? It’s a question that author and curator Gemma Williams ...

Here's Why We’ll Eventually Have to Accept Designer Babies
... stance. But make no mistake, human trait selection is coming. Here’s why we’ll eventually accept the prospect of genetically modified “designer ...

Forget About Designer Babies Gene Editing Won't Work on Complex Traits Like Intelligence
This week, scientists gathered in Washington, DC for the International Summit on Human Gene Editing to discuss a technology called CRISPR-CAS9, ...

The Best Designer Deals from the Depths of Amazon
... the problem with selling everything . However, we’ve combed the deepest, darkest depths of Amazon to find (and price check!) a host of designer ...