Security Roles and User management

I have a question concerning Sercurity roles in 2.0 beta 3.

I noticed that I am unable to delete the registered security role from user profiles where as I was able to do this in 1.x will this be the same in the final release?
I ask because I would really like to set up 3 security roles just like I currently have in 1.x:
Public - no rights other then read ony
Registered - allowed to make content changes but not move modules or add users and such
Admin - full control
Will this be possibe in 2.0? This is kind of a criticle issue for us as we are going to be using DotNetNuke for our Intranet sites and we don't want certain users to have full admin rights but we do want them to be able to make certain content changes and we don't want everyone to be able to make content changes.
0
dnjcomp

Well I see with the final release that this is still the same.

Is there some place in the code where I can make this change myself?
I really need to elminiate having the registered user auto assigned or at the very least be able to delete it from the users security settings and be able to setup 3 distinct security roles.
0
dnjcomp

Manage Users For This Role / Manage Roles For This User Question
In the roles/user management pages there is a link called Manage Users For This Role and Manage Roles For This User respectively. I want non Admins to be able to see these pages, and currently I have it so that they can see the manage users and manage roles pages. However, when a non admin clicks on Manage Users For This Role or Manage Roles For This User link it does not display the control, just an empty page. I can get around this by giving edit rights to the page, but I do not want them to have edit rights for the page. Any ideas? Thanks  ...

Duplicate Security Roles Showing up In Security Roles Manager
Anyone have any ideas?  We have had and instance of 3.0.13 with one child portal running for about a month now.  A few days ago our adminstrator noticed that we have duplicate entries for security roles. For example, the Security Roles Manager shows:Name Description Fee Every Period Trial Every Period Public Auto   Administrators Portal Administration         False False   Administrators Portal Administration         False False  Registered Users Registered Users    &n...

Manage users and roles for users
Hi. I want to know how can i manage my users and users roles on my hosted website. I want that admin controls (when i log in as admin) allow me to change users roles and other stuff. Any1 have any guide or know any website that teach how to create a "admin.aspx" page to manage users and roles? thx Do you have the schema ready ? If yes, are you willing to change the schema ? Are you using ASP.NET 2.0 ? If yes, you can easily do this using the administration tool in ASP.NET 2.0.                 &n...

Creating User Account Without Default Security Role (Registered User Role)
  My DNN version is 3.1.1. The portal is set to Private Registration. Unauthenicated users have access to the basic pages of the site. We require my company's current customers to register and be approved to have access to all other pages that contain information restricted to them (the major part of the site). As you know, authorizing a user account applys the Registered User security role by default and this is how I control access to the customer areas.  We want to create a page that will be used by Marketing to allow potential customers by login to...

Authorization Manager (AzMan) -v- .NET role based security
Comparing Windows Authorization Manager (AzMan) with .NET role based security, consider an application with these requirements: The roles which will exist at run time are completely user-definable. Role/operation assignments are completely user-definable. Need hierarchical role support (create roles from other roles). Users may be assigned different roles for different things. Windows Authorization Manager seems to provide all the above, with user definable roles, operations, role/task/operation assignments, hierarchical roles, "scopes" to give users different roles for differe...

Security
Hi, I have set up the membership and roles provider with Active directory and SQL server respectively, and everything was fine. However I am having this problem in the ASP.NET web Adminstration Tool when I go to Manage Users, and try to edit and save a users Email/Description, it returns an error saying: Please correct the errors below. Type 'System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier' in assembly 'mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' is not marked as serializable. Yet, I do not have any problem with updating the roles database. A search on ...

.NET Security Roles and Management, using multiple tiers / levels
We have one application that we will be re-writing soon. To say it simply, the security and premissions in it is very complex.Can the management and role classes in .NET 2.0 handle this sort of situation:-Multiple Items.-Multiple Departments-Multiple Staff in each department.Staff members can have the ability to view items in their own departmentStaff Members can have the ability to view items in other departmentsStaff members can have the ability to view items in no departments.Staff members can have the ability to view all items.STaff members are in departments.There can be X number of de...

Managing security
Hi all I've been helped out a lot with regards to roles/ membership etc. but have a couple of queries. I have a group of people who have the role of PracticeManager. These people log in and are then forwarded to a folder/pages whereby they can submit documents relating to schemes they are involved in. Each user on logging in must only see content which is specific to them. e.g. Documents that they have uploaded and database content that they have created. Each user will upload similar documents and create similar rows in a database but cannot be allowed to view other peoples submissi...

Managing Users over .NET Management Website on different PCs
Hi,we are using Wed Developer Express 2005 on one PC to develop our website. The user and role management we are doing over the .NET website.No we hae installed Web Developer Express 2008 on another PC and also the other user should be able to manage the users and roles. But we always get a connection error to the Rsa provider.Can you please give me an idea what to do? Greetz, Chris  You dont tell us how you are running the site is it on a local iis or a hosted server and the same with the sql database? I take it that each machine has the website loaded in vwd and then you are u...

Membership and Role Management
Hello, I've configured SQL server 2005 as my back-end data store via aspnet_regsql.exe. I presume it was succesvol. Creating users en roles programmatically is no problem. When I start the Web Site Administration Tool I can see the created users and roles. But when I want to show them by code I get an empty result. ... ... Roles.GetAllRoles()...... membership.GetAllUsers() The roleManager is enabled in web.config.<roleManager defaultProvider="SqlProvider" enabled="true" cacheRolesInCookie="true" cookieName=".ASPROLES" cookieTimeout="30" cookiePath="/" cookieRequireSS...

User Management Role
Hi, I am trying to create a role that will allow creation and deletion of user objects without the rights to override the ZENworks policy settings. I am having a problem with this in that the creating account is automatically made a trustee of the new account - therefore gaining full control over the account. If I manually remove the trustee assignment, the rights I have configured work fine. Is there a way (by manipulating and restricting NDS properties) to stop this trustee assignment from being granted in the first place? Any help would be appreciated. Kevin Fur...

Can we share admin features with other user roles? e.g. (manage users)
Can we share admin features with other user roles? e.g. (manage users) or Can we limit the features by default exposed to admin?  e.g. (File manager)  ...

Manage users and roles
 Hi,I am new to ASP.net. I am suppose to have security around a site where I should be able to manage the users and  roles. I do not want to use web administration tool because i would have to use that locally and if i want someone else to manage it for me, i can't do that. Is there any simple way where I can create my own web administration tool to manage the users and roles for my site?  Hi check this link http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/101806-1.aspx it will help you or try this example to display All Users data in Gridview * ManageUsers.aspx<scrip...

Managing users and roles. How do you do it ?
I have about 8000 users I need to manage.  Everything I use seems to time out before I get the results.  The dnnmasters module times out 99% of the time when I am trying to get search for users by role.  I also try to get to those users through the security role feature in the DNN 3.2.2 core.  Is anyone else having this problem ?  Any idea how to fix it ?  How do you all change user roles ? Also, I don't see any forum for any User/Role module being worked on.  This is extremely frustrating. ...

Web resources about - Security Roles and User management - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Smarkets: Online betting company with ‘self management’ structure
... the reality for the team at Smarkets , an online betting company based near London’s Silicon Roundabout. The business is run with a “self-management” ...

Agile Project Management in a Larger Organisation – Video of my talk
I was recently asked to do a short talk and Q&A for an agile project management meetup in London. You can see the full video here: https://s ...

Grab a project management bundle worth almost $4,000 for $49
... making a change, this training bundle could have you working as a project manager by 2016. Get all the tools you need to get your Project Management ...

Who is your team's clock-management assistant?
(Note: Sunday's edition of The Buffalo News includes a feature that explores the philosophies, fallacies and analytics of NFL clock management. ...

Master project management with two massively discounted certification courses
In the professional sphere, experience with project management is one of the most valuable skills you can have. Starting is harder than just ...

10 Most Widely Used Content Management Systems Online
... software. The 21st century brought with itself a revolution in the field of website designing and development in the form of Content Management ...