Security exception with help module

Security exception with help module when running DotNetNuke as a sub directory application (ex: localhost/DotNetNuke). Problem & solution.

PROBLEM

Security exception throw with help module when running DotNetNuke as a sub directory application (localhost/DotNetNuke).

Exception thrown:

System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.
   at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckHelper(PermissionSet grantedSet, PermissionSet deniedSet, CodeAccessPermission demand, PermissionToken permToken)
   at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(PermissionToken permToken, CodeAccessPermission demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Int32 checkFrames, Int32 unrestrictedOverride)
   at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission cap, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand()
   at System.Web.HttpRequest.MapPath(String virtualPath, String baseVirtualDir, Boolean allowCrossAppMapping)
   at System.Web.HttpRequest.MapPath(String virtualPath)
   at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.MapPath(String path)
   at DotNetNuke.Services.Localization.Localization.LoadResource(Hashtable target, String language, String cacheKey, String ResourceFile, Boolean CheckCustomCulture, PortalSettings objPortalSettings) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DotNetNuke\components\Localization\Localization.vb:line 277"

The exception occurs when the localization try to use the MapPath() function with a resource file, when the LocalResourceFile value does not begin with “~” (to make it relative to the web application path).

SOLUTION:

Changing the LocalResourceFile value in file: Control\Help.aspx.vb

Original

        <System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThrough()> Private Sub InitializeComponent()

            Me.ID = "Help"

            Me.LocalResourceFile = "/App_LocalResources/Help"

        End Sub

Changed for :

        <System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThrough()> Private Sub InitializeComponent()

            Me.ID = "Help"

            Me.LocalResourceFile =  "~/App_LocalResources/Help"

        End Sub

DS
0
docteurDenis

Security on Discussions Module and Module Move not working, HELP!
I am using DNN 3.2.  My disucssion module allows users to edit not only their own dicussion items but other registered users items as well.  Is this how it is suppose to be?  I assumed it would only allow them to edit their own.  Has anyone encountered this problem?  Is this a bug? My other problem is when I try to move a module by clicking any of the move actions, nothing happens.  The screen doesn't even postback?  Anyone know a fix for this.  The setup went as planned.  However I am using ASP.NET 2.0 in IIS.  The file manager wasn't worki...

Help!Security Exception
Hi I have created a applet which accesses a component in the JaguarCTS which in turn accesses a sybase SQL Anywhere database.When i try to load my applet in my netscape 4.04 brower i get the following error. # Security Exception: checkpropsaccess.key I understand this error is caused due to the security restrictions in the communicator.I found a document at the netscape site which explained that the codebase of the applet can be activated as a prinicipal by adding the following line user_pref("signed.applets.codebase_principal_support",true) in my prefs.js file.Bu...

Security Exception
My Portal application works fine on my host system, but when I deploy it to my hosting site and try to sign-in, I get a Security Exception. Message shown below: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Security Exception Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file. Exception Details: System.Secu...

Dotnetnuke security exception
Hi, I'm trying to run a sever command  Dim objShell = Server.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")in a module but dotnetnuke seems to be blocking it saying "Security Exception".I've looked throught he web.config to try and figure out where to set these permission but can't seem to find it...Can any one help?Andrew This security error is an indication that your application does not have permission to perform this action.  This is controlled by either the web.config in your DNN directory or by the Machine.config for the server.  The setting is handled by the Trust eleme...

Help!help! help for corba_marshal exception
Hi, Sorry about post this again. It is really urgent. Thanks for any help. When a C++ client call a pb component in Jaguar, sometimes the Jaguar crash and give me the CORBA_Marshal exception, I checked the pb component and the C++ client program, everything is ok. The strange thing is, after I restart the jaguar server, then I try to call the same pb component and using the same parameter, everything is fine. So I think there is nothing wrong with my code, but after the Jaguar runing one day or two days, then the exception happend again, and the jaguar hang up. I do no...

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

HELP HELP HELP, the security of my site is in danger!!!!
Ok im desperate!!! ive just built a website, that hase 3 login sections. its for a small company, and its designed for their emloyees. two sections are for the emplyees, and there is a admin section. the authentification is forms.... Now... this is what happend. A sound engineer was doing some contract work, and my boss showed him the website. this guy said. 'whats the password' and my boss said 'none of your business'.. then this guy ran a little script and got into the admin section instantly!!! he was then able to move freely through out the site without any authorisation wha...

help help help help

Help Help Help Help

Help with Net::Telnet module
I am looking for some help debugging a problem with the Net::Telnet module written by Jay Rogers. Here's the subroutine I am having problems with: sub login { $errmode = 'return'; $hostaddress = 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'; $prompt = '/Sheldon_NS16>/'; $username = 'xxxxxxxx'; $password = 'xxxxxxxx'; $obj = new Net::Telnet ( Host => $hostaddress, Errmode => $errmode, Prompt => $prompt, Timeout => 15, Port => 23 ); $obj->login($u...

Help Help Help DataWindow.NET 2.0
Hello, i am using datawindow.NET 2.0 evaluation version my application is working fine using Pbls as source for objects as soon as i change the Pbl to PBD the application gives the error object not found however help says that u can use PBDs kindly tell me that this error is due to evaluation version or there is something wrong i am very worried about this behaviour because i have to report to my project manager for this behaviour of datawindow.NET kindly reply thanks Haroon Yes PBDs will work with the evaluation version. Is this a web forms or Windows Form...

Security exception when installing new modules.
I am getting this security exception when i try and install new modules. Does anyone know why i'm getting this.ExceptionSystem.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed. at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckHelper(PermissionSet grantedSet, PermissionSet deniedSet, CodeAccessPermission demand, PermissionToken permToken) at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(PermissionToken permToken, CodeAccessPermission demand, StackC...

Security Exception in .Net 2.0
I have a web site that I created with VB 2003 and .Net 1.1 ... it works fine.  Now I am trying to convert it to VB 2005 and .Net 2.0 but I am running into trouble.   The conversion wizard seemed to handle the conversion OK and I can run the site in debug mode on my development machine without difficulty.  After uploading the site to the server and then trying to run it I get the following security exception:  Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, V...

Web resources about - Security exception with help module - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Motor vehicle exception - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The exception is based on the idea that there is a lower expectation of privacy in motor vehicles due to the regulations they operate. Additionally, ...

Podcast #42 – It’s The Exception That Proves The Rule
... Language and Usage , which was frustrated by the high number of certain types of questions that were coming in. Is this podcast the exception ...

RWW News: Marco Rubio Reiterates His Opposition To Rape Or Incest Exceptions - YouTube
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/marco-rubio-reiterates-his-opposition-rape-or-incest-exceptions Right Wing Watch reports on the extreme ...

Can Tunisia, the 'Arab exception', hold on to democractic ideals amid turmoil?
The terrorist attack on the Bardo Museum, in Tunis, represents yet another episode of senseless, barbaric violence in the name of Islam.

Bike thefts spike in exception to drop in crime
... level in nine years, with a 28 per cent jump in three months. Bicycle thefts have soared to their highest level in nine years, a rare exception ...

Many rugby films wind up in dead ball area but The Ground We Won is an exception
If rugby is the game they play in heaven, rugby movies generally come from a lesser place.

Most consumers better off after carbon tax scrapped – with one possible exception
Households are roughly $550 a year better off since the scraping of the carbon tax, but air travellers may wonder if they are being overcharged, ...

Men Need to Admit That Jian Ghomeshi Is No Exception
That men like Jian Ghomeshi are a terrible exception and if we as men simply stand up and say we are not as bad as that, or that we are not rapists ...

China, Thailand reach visa exception agreement
China, Thailand reach visa exception agreement People's Daily Online ... this at a forum on China's foreign diplomacy held in Beijing. Both ...

No exception allowed in graft crackdown: People's Daily
No exception allowed in graft crackdown: People's Daily - Ecns.cn ecns The expulsion of Ling Jihua from the Communist Party of China (CPC) ...