Problem with editing module settings

Hi

I just put an Annoucement module on my website.
When I enter settings for this module I can not open advanced settings, I clik on + but nothing happens!
Its the same when I try to open page settings.

How can it be I can not do this?

I expirenced this before, but vack then I reinstalled DNN again, I do not want to do this now!

Regards
Jens Thomsen, Denmark

Regards
Trisect Development
Want to remember your passwords
Try Trisect Password Keeper on www.trisect.dk
0
timelord

First try it with another browser. I'm not very familiar with the new client API, but it could also be that the referenced .js files aren't being found. If another browser doesn't work, look at the source code of your page and verify that all included .js files are available.

Might also be a browser cache issue...

Alex Dresko
I'm not a player, I just code a lot.
0
alexdresko
6/25/2005 3:08:28 PM
I tryed other sites with the same browser, and theres not problems.

As it turnes out its not just the announcements module who fails, but all the modules on the site.

This is driving me mad, I could need some help.

[Edit]
I tryed with FireFox, I got the same problem. I allso have this problem under site settings, the [+] and [-] just dont work anymore.
[/Edit]
Regards
Trisect Development
Want to remember your passwords
Try Trisect Password Keeper on www.trisect.dk
0
timelord
6/25/2005 5:00:08 PM

I really need some help on this one!

And cannot use the [+] and [-] buttons anywhere anymore.

I tryed to delete the announcement module (allsom from the trashcan) but nothing works.

When I clik on a [+] it just reloads the current page, but nothing else.

I cant edit my modules, I cant edit site setting and so on.

I really need some help on this one. My alternative is to reinstall dnn and then all my pages will be lost.

Regards
Trisect Development
Want to remember your passwords
Try Trisect Password Keeper on www.trisect.dk
0
timelord
6/26/2005 9:03:38 AM
Check the javascript files in \js, maybe you are missing some file in this installation. Also in web.config verify you didn't disable client API.
Are you getting any javascript error?
0
vmasanas
6/26/2005 1:32:05 PM

All files are in /js
I dont get javascript errors!
I have not edited the web.config and the the installation did work until I installed the Announcement module (I think it was another module last time) and now I cant use the [+] (expand) and [-] (collaps) functions.

If I click on any [+] or [-] the page just reloads, but nothing expand or collapses. And this happens everywhere.

[vmasanas:]
   If I could email you, I could give you the administrator rights to the site and maybe you can se my problem.
   Email me at jens @ trisect.dk if I should give you access.

Regards
Trisect Development
Want to remember your passwords
Try Trisect Password Keeper on www.trisect.dk
0
timelord
6/26/2005 3:32:07 PM
Could you be specific about which browsers and version numbers of the
browser you're talking about?  It's *sounds* like a js issue,
since from what I can tell, it doesn't make a call to the server when
you click on the + button.  I *think* it just displays a hidden
div (rectangular panel), or hides it depending on the + or -.
Knowing which version would definitely help.  Are you saying this
same problem occurs when you use Firefox?  Firefox should handle
js pretty well.  Do you have a link we could look at?
0
aaava
6/26/2005 5:01:28 PM
I use IE, but I other sites I have works just fine, with the same browser.

I tryed Firefox, the same problem occurs.

The page is http://friskolen.trisect.dk

And I have created a test user: Uid=test, pw=test, and the test page is under "Forsiden" the site is danish.

Under this test page I created an Announcement module, go and take a try!

Regards
Trisect Development
Want to remember your passwords
Try Trisect Password Keeper on www.trisect.dk
0
timelord
6/26/2005 6:54:02 PM

I think I solved my problem.

I changed the security setting for the \portals\default\logs folder, I gave the user "Network" full access and now it works.

Must be some kind of security setting, but how does that happen by inserting a new module, I did not change the security setting, and it worked before.

BUT I think I solved it.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

Regards
Trisect Development
Want to remember your passwords
Try Trisect Password Keeper on www.trisect.dk
0
timelord
6/26/2005 9:17:11 PM
I tried, and didn't encounter any problems whatsoever, apart from the site loading quite slow. are you still encountering this problems? have you cleared your cache? although that doesn't make sense, since Firefox had the same problem.
Looks like you solved your problem... or not?

Juna.nl - Module Development and Hosting

0
CasperJuna
6/26/2005 9:56:18 PM

The site is slow due to 128 MB ram on the webserver, will be updated soon.

Firefox works, and IE on other maschines work, must be my IE who f....... up!

I try to reinstall IE.

I don't think that the solutions in my previous post was the right one.

CasperJuna: Thanks again for your test.

Regards
Trisect Development
Want to remember your passwords
Try Trisect Password Keeper on www.trisect.dk
0
timelord
6/26/2005 10:03:57 PM
 timelord wrote:

I think I solved my problem.

I changed the security setting for the \portals\default\logs folder, I gave the user "Network" full access and now it works.

Must be some kind of security setting, but how does that happen by inserting a new module, I did not change the security setting, and it worked before.

BUT I think I solved it.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

Hey TL.  It's because when you copy a folder into a folder, it doesn't necessarily copy the security settings of that parent folder, at least I've found this is true w/w2k3 server.  So ya have to go into the root folder any time you copy folders into your dnn folder, and select (well, I select the ASP.NET account and the NETWORK SERVICE account just to be sure).  I give the ASP account Full Control, and the NS account pretty much full control too.  I just click off and on on both of them in the root security tab, and hit apply.  That way, I *know* the settings are being propagated throught the sub-folders.  It seems like a minor thing, but when you're upgrading or whatever, you should always go to the root, and ensure the correct settings for any new folders or files are the same as the parent.  Hope this helps.

Strange that it would show up as a client-api js issue though.  I can't imagine how that happens, though I ain't no expert...
0
aaava
6/26/2005 10:34:36 PM
I did that with ASP.NET and NETWORK SERVICE users but i'm pretty sure is my IExplore who has a fault now.

Everything works fine in FireFox after I sat the security settings.

Is there anyway to totally remove IE and install it again in XP Pro SP2?

Regards
Trisect Development
Want to remember your passwords
Try Trisect Password Keeper on www.trisect.dk
0
timelord

Problem with editing a modules settings
Sorry doubble post!!Regards Trisect Development Want to remember your passwords Try Trisect Password Keeper on www.trisect.dk...

view module and edit module settings!!!!
I am frustrated at the way the permission settings are. For example, I have a writers column that displays a feedback module similar to a blog, disscussion etc. When the permissions are set for view & edit, all users or reg users can edit other peoples posts...... Why in the hell are all the modules like this??There is no security for preventing this.. I have spend several hours on trial and error with all configurations.. There is no way to set the permissions for each registered user not to edit others... It makes me want to just get a third party crap board that will do what is needed...

DNN3 problems editing modules: Module Title
Recently I just upgraded from DNN 2.12.2 to DNN3(latest build).  Prior to the extraction of the DNN3 zip file I backed up all the directories  within the Virtual directory and deleted them all, then extracted the new version.  I connected to the same SQL database using the same connection string.  The installation ran with no errors, however, any pre-existing module on a pre-existing page that did  not have a module title, set within basic settings, does not give me the option to edit the module.  Strange. If I add a new module and remove the module title I am f...

module settings (settings.ascx)
I don't know if this is me or what, but I have a treeview control from flytreeview that works great outside of module settings page,  it keeps it state across postbakcs . But in Settings.ascx it does not.  Are we limited to controls that do not depend on viewstate to maintain its state in module settings? Has anybody experienced similar problem?You died at the very end of your life...

[DNN204] Error while trying to edit Module Settings and accessing Site Settings
Today I hit this error while I tried to edit Module Settings... Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Security Exception Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file. Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed. Source Error: An unhandl...

problem with edit module..
I have my data being displayed just fine. I also have no problems adding aditional data. The problem I am having is during the update process. When I populate the textbox's with data, and then change the data, the original values are then updates. Any thoughts? Here's the relevant code. form.load Dim ScheduleControl As New ssScheduleController Dim ScheduleInfo As New ssScheduleInfo If Not (Request.Params("Schedule_ID") Is Nothing) Then Schedule_ID = Int32.Parse(Request.Params("...

3.0.5 Problem with module settings for modules that must show on all pages
Hi All! I don't know if this is fixed already in 3.0.6, but when you add a module that must be visible on all pages and change some of the settings these settings are only used when on the page where the module was initially added, on the other pages the defaults are being used. TIA Bert....

More problems with my first dotnetnuke module build. Error when I try to load the module on the home page
Got past the module cache issue, now I have a problem displaying the module on the home page.  When I try to add it, I get this error.  What the heck is this all about?Unhandled error loading module.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Parser Error: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException: Parser Error: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. ---> System.Web.HttpException: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetType(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessMainDirec...

Getting a strange error when trying to edit a module. See bottom post. No 'Edit Webfilter Settings' menu option is showing up in the Actions Menu either...
Hey folks: Well, I've been working on a module for my writers' website.  I created a dnn file, went to Module Definitions, browsed and added it, and then went to upload it.  Got this error: StartJob Reading files Info Loading ewriters.WebFilter.dllì< Failure ExceptionICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.ZipException: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.Compression.DeflaterHuffman.BitReverse(Int32 toReverse) at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.Compression. InflaterHuffmanTree.BuildTree(Byte[] codeLengths) at I...

exception on edit and settings on all modules...
I was testing a new module that I have created, when I choose AddContent on the module I got an exception. Now I get exceptions on all modules when I try to edit or show settings??? I have not made any changes to the core, and all worked well until I tested the new module. Here is the error message from log viewer: AssemblyVersion: 03.00.13Method: System.Web.UI.Util.InvokeMethodFileName: FileLineNumber: 0FileColumnNumber: 0PortalID: 0PortalName: DMESyncUserID: 3UserName: csActiveTabID: 36ActiveTabName: HomeAbsoluteURL: /DotNetNuke/Default.aspxAbsoluteURLReferrer: htt...

Problems 10E editing modules
Made a number of changes to a 10e test install. Installed many modules... Now I can add modules to a page but can not delete them. Any ideas on how to fix this. Originally came up with portal/[GUID]/Containers not found. Copied admin/contaners to [guid]/containers (Installed Speerio Container Manager) Now I get this error: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of t...

Problems with editing individual modules.
Hi everyone First of all i want to wish everyone a umm.. belated Merry Christmast and a Happy New Year.. :) Anyway i'm not to sure if this is abug or i did not install the IBuy Spy properly. The problem involves editing individual module after logging in as an admin. Here's the error message that it spits out __________________________________________________ Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and w...

Problem setting up .net on my laptop
I have dot net running fine on my PC at work. It is Windows 2000. I can created and edit web applications fine. However,I wanted to install it on my laptop and remove it form my pc. I have a Laptop running XP Pro. I installed dot net and can run windows applications but when I try to create a web project, I get an error. when im logged onto the local machine on my laptop I can create one fine but on my network it throws an error which suggests it is something to do with my rights to either my folders or IIS. However, on my PC on my desk, it works fine on the network. Can anyo...

PA Edit Module Problem
Hi ! Sorry for last Thread was marked read only , my fault ... I have created a PA for DNN20B3. The normal viewing option is working fine but I tried to create a EDIT Option but it will NEVER be shown. Does anyone have an idea. NO Error, NO exception. Not shown at all.. The following Partameters are implemented: Control Config: Key: Edit Title: Modulename Type: Edit Icon: blank Thanks in advance AlexanderAlexander BeckerStrategic-Information &Security-Managementwww.ABSULT.com Register the Edit control in the action menu in th...

Web resources about - Problem with editing module settings - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Help:Contents/Account settings and maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Campaign setting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A campaign setting is usually a fictional world which serves as a setting for a role-playing game or wargame campaign. A campaign is a series ...

Privacy Setting For New Facebook Users Aged 13-17 Now Defaults To ‘Friends’
Facebook is changing the initial default privacy setting for users aged 13 through 17 to friends, from friends of friends, but those teen users ...

Facebook changes default privacy settings for new users to friends-only
Facebook announced today a shift in privacy settings for new users. Now, when someone signs up for a profile, their default posting status is ...

In praise of boredom, setting us free from the trials of endless distraction
We live in a world petrified of boredom but maybe a little ennui is not such a bad thing.

North Korea has had a "complete success" setting of a hydrogen bomb.
Or so it says. The North’s announcement came about an hour after detection devices around the world had picked up a 5.1 seismic event along ...

What Matters Is the Decision-Making Setting
... Rather, our skepticism of allowing democratically made collective “choices” to supersede choices made privately in private-property settings ...

Nevada PUC May Be Setting State On Path Toward Grid Defection
... PV—and for all the wrong reasons. Through about Q3 2015, Nevada had been a leading state for solar PV. But [&hellip Nevada PUC May Be Setting ...

Tiffany Reminds Consumers (And Costco) That Their Brand Isn’t Just A Setting Name
... $10 million worth of rings were sold at Costco, but the global brand is worth more than that. If “Tiffany” becomes simply the name of a setting ...

‘Scream Queens’ Renewed For Season 2 By Fox, Jamie Lee Curtis Expected To Return, New Setting Revealed ...
The Fox leadership have reaffirmed their confidence in Ryan Murphy . After giving the prolific creator a straight-to-series order for Scream ...