Problem Installing Modules via install\module During DNN Install

I'm currently troubleshooting an install problem that is killing me since I do 3-5 installs of DNN per day.

With v3.0.13 I had an 9 modules I placed in the install\module folder for automatic installation.  With v3.1 that number has increased to 25 (I'm not sure if the number has anything to do with it).

When installing DNN v3.1, the install page lists all of the modules. EX:
00:00:18.078 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install\Module\Announcements_3.1.0.zip:
00:00:19.218 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install\Module\Bring2mind.TopReferrals_03.00.02.zip:
00:00:19.375 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install\Module\Contacts_3.1.0.zip:
00:00:19.921 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install\Module\Discussions_3.1.0.zip:

However, not all the modules are actually fully installing.  The SQL is executing and tables/SPs are created, the files are placed in the proper place, but no definition is added.

Following install, the following errors show up for each of the modules not installed:
InnerException: Access is denied: 'DotNetNuke.Modules.Announcements'.
Message: System.IO.FileLoadException: Access is denied: 'DotNetNuke.Modules.Announcements'. File name: "DotNetNuke.Modules.Announcements" at System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError) at DotNetNuke.Framework.Reflection.CreateObject(String TypeName, String CacheKey) === Pre-bind state information === LOG: DisplayName = DotNetNuke.Modules.Announcements (Partial) LOG: Appbase =
file:///C:/hshome/frankland/test.franklandhosting.com LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin Calling assembly : DotNetNuke, Version=3.1.0.40589, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. === LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind). LOG: Post-policy reference: DotNetNuke.Modules.Announcements LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/7b593196/2a61ab73/DotNetNuke.Modules.Announcements.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/7b593196/2a61ab73/DotNetNuke.Modules.Announcements/DotNetNuke.Modules.Announcements.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/hshome/frankland/test.franklandhosting.com/bin/DotNetNuke.Modules.Announcements.DLL. LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind). LOG: Post-policy reference: DotNetNuke.Modules.Announcements, Version=1.0.1936.17390, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

This is the error I would expect if the DLL was not in the bin folder.

It's important to note that the error is random.  I always get the 10-15 errors, but not always the same modules.  There is no single module that errors every time.

Once the install is complete, I can upload the module just fine using the module definitions page.

Perhaps it's a timing issue, and the installer is trying to initialize the DLL before it's fully copied?!?

Any ideas or troubleshooting advise would be greatly appreciated.  This issue has changed my install times from 5 minutes to 20.  Crying [:'(]

Clinton Frankland
Frankland Hosting
DNN & ASP.NET Hosting
www.franklandhosting.com
0
Clinton

I've never seen this behaviour and certainly don't know what's causing it, but what I usually do, is keep that folder empty apart from the text/html module (my custom template doesn't require any other modules). then after a succesfull installation I place the required modules, skins and languagepacks (different per installation in my case) in the folders (modules/skins/languages) and run install/install.aspx?mode=installresources.
does that give the same errors?
BTW: my fastes install time was actually 2 minutes Big Smile [:D] but that was just the fresh DNN 3.1.0 in a test environment Stick out tongue [:P]

Juna.nl - Module Development and Hosting

0
CasperJuna
6/17/2005 7:23:31 PM
 CasperJuna wrote:

BTW: my fastes install time was actually 2 minutes Big Smile [:D] but that was just the fresh DNN 3.1.0 in a test environment Stick out tongue [:P]

1:35 (using the installer , on a slow laptop) Wink [;)]
Geert Veenstra
0
Geert
6/17/2005 8:11:53 PM
<offtopic>you're cheating, you automated it...
when the installer for 3 is ready for release I'm quite interested! need any help debugging/testing?
</offtopic>

Juna.nl - Module Development and Hosting

0
CasperJuna
6/17/2005 8:14:26 PM

 CasperJuna wrote:
<offtopic>you're cheating, you automated it...
when the installer for 3 is ready for release I'm quite interested! need any help debugging/testing?
</offtopic>

You're both cheating, keep in mind my installer is on one web site, installing the files to a customer's site on one of 37 different web server, creating the login and database on one of 9 different MS SQL server, and doing authentication/database creation/permissions/http aliases via a control panel API hosted on yet another server.  It also allows for specifying options during install like admin password, sql database name, etc.

Anyway, the "install/install.aspx?mode=installresources" doesn't really help, as the installation really needs to be done in one fell swoop once the options are selected.  The installer is customer consumable, so I can't assume that they'll be able to click one link to allow the DNN installation, then another to allow modules installation.

This all worked fine with v3.0.12 and v3.0.13.  It's not the installation routine, because by the time DNN get's ahold of it the files are in place and everything's ready.  I'm baffled.

Clinton Frankland
Frankland Hosting
DNN & ASP.NET Hosting
www.franklandhosting.com
0
Clinton

Module::Install not installing dependencies for me
I want to make a distribution that packages up dependencies for me. I think Module::Install is supposed to do this for me. -------------------------------------------------------------------- Without the details: I make a little module, tweak the Makefile.PL to use inc:Module::Install and tell it the dependencies, And I say "make dist", move the tar.gz file over to my other (windoze) machine, and untar it, and have what I expect in the inc dir: I say perl Makefile.PL, and make install - happy: But when I try to use it: C:\tmp\SGlicense-1.02>perl -e "use SGlic...

Installation Problem installing Pre-requisite Module::Runtime
Hi, I'm trying to install Bugzilla and in the course of installing the prerequisites, I need to install Module::Runtime, but I keep coming up with this error: Catching error: "Can't execute no install : No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/CPAN/Module.pm line 479.\cJ" at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/CPAN.pm line 392. CPAN::shell() called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/App/Cpan.pm line 295 App::Cpan::_process_options('App::Cpan') called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/App/Cpan.pm line 364 App::Cpan::run('App::Cpan') called at ...

To install or not to install?

Module::Install: dependencies don't install with "make install"
I want to make a distribution that packages up dependencies for me. I think Module::Install is supposed to do this for me. Without the boring details, So I make a little module, tweak the Makefile.PL thusly: And I say "make dist", move the tar.gz file over to my other (windoze) machine, and untar it, and have what I expect in the inc dir: I say perl Makefile.PL, and make install - happy: =========================================== So I make a little module, tweak the Makefile.PL thusly: use 5.005; use inc::Module::Install; name ('SGlicense'); version ('1....

DNN 3.1 Fresh Install Not auto installing modules with SqlDataProvider
To whichever DNN God would like to be of assistance:I download a fresh copy of DNN 3.1 Full from the net, unzip it, change release.config to web.config, and add my connection string.  I save the web.config file, create a new database, add a new dB User, grant them dbowner rights to their dB, and create an IIS listing (with default.aspx as the default document).  I hit the website, and everything seems fine... no errors, it says it does everything that it's supposed to.  However when I access the portal, the home page doesn't have any of the usual modules (DNN Book, D...

checksetup.pl says I don't have a module installed, but install-module.pl says I do
Hi all! I upgraded my webserver from Ubuntu 13.10 to Ubuntu 14.04.1. Now Bugzilla(= 4.2) complains that "Perl API version v5.14.0 of DBI does not match v5.18.0= ". When I run checksetup, it can't find my MySQL DBD driver module. However, = when I run install-module, it says that "DBD::mysql is up to date" and list= s off the version number (4.028). I have (to be safe) uninstalled and rein= stalled my OS's version of the driver. I'm assuming that Bugzilla has cached some old version of the module or som= ething, but I can't find out where it...

Inspiron 1000 install problem (11.1, 11.2, net install, dvd install)
Ok, I have a plain jane Inspiron 1000, 2ghz celeron, 256m ram, 40gig hd, dvd. I burned 11.2 to dvd, 11.1 to dvd, tried installing both. Both get the dreaded "cannot create repository" (i'm paraphrasing). No problem, I download and burn 11.1, 11.2 net install's, checksums check out ok. I go through the first part where it downloads stuff from download.opensuse.com (or something similiar), then it fails again, not able to install. I get no message on the net installs. Just fails real quick with a red box. I tried a text install, fails. What gives? --...

Installation: Already installed modules are required
Hi everyone, I'm having some problems installing Bugzilla 4.0. My system is Ubuntu 10.04 When I run the command $ sudo ./checksetup.pl --check-modules the output always tells me that "Email::MIME" and "Email::Send" must be installed. When I try to install them via $ sudo perl install-module.pl -all or $ sudo perl install-module.pl Email::MIME it tells me the modules are "up to date" (because they ARE installed) On http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/4.0/en/html/installation.html#install-perlmodules it suggests that there could be something wr...

How to install Source after a module Install is already loaded
I had a problem loading the "ForumBlog_03[1].10.01_Source.zip" file where it indicated some files were missing (File specified in the dnn could not be found in the zip file: DotNetNuke.Modules.Forum.dll).  I looked for other zip files in that zip file to make sure I was using the correct one, but I didn't see anything.  So I then loaded the "install" zip file instead of the "source" one.  That worked great.Now the problem exists that I need to modify the source code for the Blog and I'm not sure how/if it's possible to add the source code some other way besides the Module uplo...

ignoring already installed modules during a cpan install
volks, is there an existing, or planned setting, for the CPAN utilities, that will cause it to ignore any already installed dependencies, during an installation, except for modules installed during the current session. For example: cpan install Foo if Foo depends on Bar, and Bar is already installed, then the latest version of Bar will be installed. cpan install Foo Baz if both Foo and Baz depend on Bar, then Bar gets installed, but only once. if this feature does not exist, would a patch providing this be welcome? a.f.hampe On Monday 11 February 2...

DNN Custom Module Installation Problem
I am having some problem with the installation of custom module. I have a stored procedure with the following code - SET @userOrder = @userOrder + 1 For some reason the DNN installer is removing the + sign. So, the SQL bombs It reads SET @userOrder = @userOrder 1 Could some one help please. Thanks, AP Open the SQL script in notepad and save it as UTF-8 encoding HTH.Wilan P. BigayDumaguete City, Philippines...

Problems installing Gallery Module from the DNN site
Hi, I having problems installing Gallery Module from the DNN site - GalleryPA_3.0.10.zip I loads fine till the end part and then throws and error (Value cannot be null) when trying to register the modulePlease help, its really starting to get frustrating ...Info Created C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\www.comfortablynumbed.com\DesktopModules\Gallery\App_LocalResources\Maintenance.ascx.resx Info Created C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\www.comfortablynumbed.com\DesktopModules\Gallery\App_LocalResources\Settings.ascx.resx Info Created C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\www.comfortablynumbed.com\DesktopModul...

Creating custom installer to install .net framework and installer of another software
 hii m trying to create a custom installer which will install .net framework 2.0 and i have another installer  of a software that i also want to be installed on Install(System.Collections.IDictionary stateSaver) event. Is it possible with custom installer.or i need to use something else like setup Project/Web setup project.please help me out  Regardsnav  Hi nav, Based on my understanding, you want to install .NET Framework 2.0 and another installer with your setup project. If I have misunderstood you concern, please let me know. In my opinion, you need setup boot...

new install on hosted server did not install module defs
I installed DNN 4.0.2 on a hosted server and the install generally went well.  I started setting up some portals and noticed that only 6 module definitions were loaded - none of the core modules, e.g., HTML, contacts, etc. were loaded.The files exist in the modules directory.Is there a way to load these module defs without going through a complete reinstall?If I have to reinstall, I learned that I need to delete the directory for each portal in the 'portals' directory.  Is there anyting else I should do? I figured it out - when I did the initial install the "Network Services" id ...

Web resources about - Problem Installing Modules via install\module During DNN Install - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper