Please help me: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of

I'm using Dotnetnuke v3.2, when add 1 module, I got this error
   "Error: Edit is currently unavailable.
   DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DanPhong.DNN.Modules.DDTS.DDTSEdit.btnAddNew_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\dnn3\desktopmodules\ddts\ddtsedit.ascx.cs:line 95 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---"

Please help....How will I fix this error?  Thanx!
0
adshien

Looking at the error you have got, it would seem that your module ( or whoever built it ), has got a Null Reference exception.

This occurs when there is no object associated with the object that is trying to be used.

If you built the module, then you should be able to check this before it is used by the following (VB.Net)

if Not myObject is nothing then

end if

If it is a third party module, then I would recommend that you try to contact the developer to see if you have missed something in the setup of the module.

Kind Regards,

Stewart Walker

Stewart Walker

Byte Information Technology

0
walkerstewart
4/18/2006 11:48:54 PM
Thanx Stewartwalker!
   I can't fix the error from your guide, so I'll present again this error more detail and I desire to recieve  your explaination!
   I built success 1 module in VS2003, but when I run it in localhost and press a button to addnew data from textboxs to display to DataGrid,  and I got this error.

Thanks a lot!

0
adshien
4/19/2006 2:29:48 AM

i have got the same error and i coudnt finede any solution ?

have you find wat the bug is ?

0
ARASH

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Here's the scenario I have a running code in my localhost using windows xp with microsoft visual studio .net 2003 installed. No problem running the application. But when I transfered the application to a windows server no microsoft visual studio .net 2003 installed. i encountered Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object ref...

Object reference not set to an instance of an objecObject reference not set to an instance of an object.
Hey, I am trying to get the value of the checkbox without_prices in the page_Load, i got this error: Server Error in '/' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Help Me ! (System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
Dear Friends,  I am getting following errors. I have spend a lot of time in this code but still I have nothing in my hands. Please help me in finding out the source of this error. --------------------------------------------------CODING-------------------------------------------------------- Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Unhandled Execution Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  at sahil_Chash_1.IITAnalysis.Admins.add.rbtnSTopic_CheckedChanged(Object sende...

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Hi Guys & Girls I have a problem that I have no idea how to solve perhaps one of you could point me in the right direction. I have IBuySpy installed on my win2000pro using IIS and SQL2000 I logged in as an admin I used the admin tab to I added a new tab I added 2 new html modules to that tab I allowed editing I move the new tabs position to second position I then click on the new tab at this address http://localhost/PortalCSVS/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=1&tabid=8 It comes along fine when I click on the edit button to add new text to the...

Help needed with: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Can somebody with more expertise than me (probably most of you) give me some idea of why I keep getting this error?  Line 8 is the one highlighted by debugging as the problem.  Many serious thanks in advance...  Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source Erro...

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
This works until I click on an item in the ListBox, then I get a Object reference error, anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Line 19:         SqlDataSource1.SelectParameters["ID"].DefaultValue = lb.SelectedValue; --------<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server"> <asp:FormView ID="FormView1" runat="server" D...

help with migration error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
I just migrated from 1.1 to 2.0 using VS 2005. After the migration the application compiles correctly, however, when I run it I get this error and I am not sure what is causing it. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  the code is: Dim calendarControl As Control calendarControl = LoadControl("~/userControls/calendarCont...

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Services.Localization.Localization.GetResource
Hello, May I ask if anyone has encountered the below error message.  I get this error intermittently.   "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Services.Localization.Localization.GetResource?" What could be the problem? Thanks, Yramnag ---------------------------- Below is the detailed error: AssemblyVersion: 04.00.02Method: DotNetNuke.Services.Localization.Localization.GetResourceFileName: FileLineNumber: 0FileColumnNumber: 0PortalID: 0PortalName: CompanyABCUserID: -1UserName: ActiveTabID: 54ActiveTabName: Orthopaedic Surgery FAQAbsol...

2nd Chance Exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Options
We have recently deployed our application with the addition of AJAX.net for the last two weeks we have been suffering deadlock issues with the application pool. We are in a farmed environment and our application uses impersionation on a domain security account. We are using a state server all applications are running the latest patched version of .NET 2.0 with the latest service patch I have put in place an app domain unhandled exception handler and found the following stack associatied with our exception. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object....

Please help w/dreaded "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" exception
Hello-I'm using two GridViews in a page.  The second one is bound to a DataView and is contained in a panel which is made visible when the user selects one of the rows in the first GridView: int index = GridView1.SelectedIndex;       if (index != -1)       {           // get the unique id from the data grid           DataKey key = GridView1.DataKeys[index];           int uniq...

Object reference not set to an instance of an object??? Please Help!
NullReferenceException was unhandled by user code.Object reference not set to an instance of an object The code below renders this error.  Can anyone shed some light on it for me?  There's something that I'm missing and can't see it infront of me. Thanks in advance. Imports System.Data.SqlClient 1 Imports System.Data.SqlClient 2 3 Partial Class Displaypicture 4 Inherits System.Web.UI.Page 5 6 Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load 7 Dim ApplicationID As Integer = Conver...

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
I am getting the above error message when I try to run a crystal report. Here is the code where the error message is occurring:Dim crpt28 As CrystalReport28 = New CrystalReport28For Each myTable In crpt28.Database.Tables  @@ Error Occurs here myLogin = myTable.LogOnInfo myLogin.ConnectionInfo.Password = "pass" myLogin.ConnectionInfo.UserID = "user" myTable.ApplyLogOnInfo(myLogin) Next CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = crpt28Dim oStream As New System.IO.MemoryStream oStream = crpt28.ExportToStream(CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat) ...

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. HELP Please!!
I'm trying to execute a method with a ObjectDataSource and I'm getting this error Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Source Error: Line 305: { Line 306: lbParams.Text = ""; Line 307: Response.Write("Phone Make: " + Server.HtmlEncode(e.OutputParameters["PhoneMake"].ToString())); Line 308: // edGetESN.Text = "06308088579"; Line 309: //lbParams.Visible = false; The method I'm executing I sent some parameters and I get some OutPut Parameters. I want to check the value of...

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. PLEASE HELP!!
Hello all I'm new to this DNN thing and I have some startup problems.I download dnn and installed it on web server but when I load site www.b-zona.hr  in my browser I get this error:  Server Error in '/' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Source ...

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
I have a working stored procedure that I copied, re-named and the copied stored procedure generates a "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I changed nothing in the content of the stored procedure, simply re-named it! What do I need to go to correct this as I need a copy of the stored procedure to make changes to it, while the original version is in production?  Thank you. Ayo I found the answer,. I needed to drag the newly re-named stored procedure onto my xsd, re-build the app and now things are working. Ayo...

Web resources about - Please help me: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of - asp.net.dotnetnuke