New Users in DNN 2.1.2

I have found that I cannot duplicate a UserName across any portals hosted on the same DNN site. Is this the intended functionality. I can understand not duplicating username across a single portal, but for my installation, I cannot duplicate a username across any portal, even Parent portals.

I would think there should be some link for a user to a portal, so that the same username could be used in a different portal.
Any thoughts?
Cliff
------
Million Dollar Memorial
0
chammock

This is done by default.

Here is a snippet where I have explained this before:
You can use the same email address as often as you want in the same or across portals. If user A is a member of portal 0, he/she can be added to portal 1 by being registered by an admin using the same username/password as portal 0 or by registering themselves by using the same username/password of portal 0. The user still only has one record. Now if I have a user B who is a member of portal 0, and someone else tries to register using B but passwords do not match, they are rejected. This will occurr in portal 0 or portal 1.
So you see, the same username can be used across the portals if the password matches.
Chris Paterra

0
thecrispy1
9/9/2004 5:40:15 AM
Thanks for the reply. But what is the basis for not allowing the same UserName (but for different users) in separate portals.

If I have a user ljones in Portal 1, why should I not be able to have a user ljones in Portal 3, and this username be for 2 totally different users?
Just curious. I would think the key would be userid / portalid...but this is not the case. I guess most users are used to having to come up with clever usernames, since that is the case with most email accounts. So I guess most users will not question it when they are denied a username that is already taken and have to select another username.
Knowing that I can have the same username/pwd across my portals will be helpful.
Thanks again.
Cliff
------
Million Dollar Memorial
0
chammock

New module
Module: ITSCS Manage Users 2.0.0 For DNN 1.0.10e and DNN 2.0.4 (with source) ITSCS Manage Users PRO v.2.0 allows for enhanced bulk and individual management of users and roles in DotNetNuke single or multi-portal setup. This Module is a must-have tool for portal administrators with large numbers of users and roles - especially in multiportal setups. Now you can: Search user database by: - Login, - First Name - Last Name - Email - Created Date - Authorized/not authorized - Portals (global search if user is host or portals that the user is admin...

Having problem modifying controls with new DNN 2.0.1 and DNN 2.0.2
Has something changed in the DNN 2.0.1 and DNN 2.0.2 releases of DNN that will not allow changes to the DesktopModules? In DNN 2.0.0 I was able to go and modify the EditContact.ascx file and place the following fields on the form. Last Name: First Name: Department: I made all the change to the database table and the stored procedures. I made the changes to the ContactsDB files as well as the changes to the DataProvider file and the SqlDataProvider file. In version DNN 2.0.0 the modified contacts form works like a champ I changed the Contacts form to show the three new fields...

DotNetNuke User Guide and Documentation for DNN 2.1.2
New SEO version of Marvin's DotNetNuke User Guides and Documentation are now available free online at http://portals.my-asp.net/Default.aspx?tabid=180. Part Three of My-ASP.Net's DotNetNuke Portal trilogy - Harmony Skin Design will be available shortly Use and Enjoy Marvin...

DotNetNuke 2.1.2 #2
Is DotNetNuke 2.1.2 compatible with SQL Server 2005? Do I need to upgrade to 3.x or 4.x with SQL Server 2005?...

New DNN Skin & Container for DNN 2.1.2
I have created new Skin & Container for DNN 2.1.2 from the skin of DNN 3.0.7 Kindly download it and post your comments :) Had to register, no luck downloading. Very nice skin from the view. ThanksRunning MojoPortalhttp://www.mojoportal.com on MySQL Why is one required to register to simply view the skin?~ChrisNet Data Design706Horsman.us Well, For viewing, you dont need to register. Infact, I even didnot want to register, for downloading too. Unfortunately, there are some local mischevious persons (none from this community though) who are taking undue advatage. But ...

updated 1.2.2 to 2.0.1 but still shows 1.2.2
I just reinstalled the SBS 6 with the NW6 SP3 Overly cd and i put web access, iprint, dhcp/dns, naas on the initial install. I then proceded to upgrade edir to 8.7.1 ( i updated jvm and the other stuff that 8.7.1 required first) and everything went great. I then udated imanager from 1.2.2. to 2.0.1 and the install went as expected no errors or anything. Here is the problem when i surf to iManager with internet exploder 6 it shows me i am using 1.2.2. I read the instructions and they talk about some migrating but the direction don't match imanager 1.2.2 (i assume they are reffe...

Create module using .NET ver 2.0 and use with DNN 2.1.2
Hi all, i would like to start to test the .NET 2.0 version of the framework ad i would like to know is there some problem if i write a module with the 2.0 version of .NET and use with DNN 2.1.2. Thanks Stefano...

Moving Only User from DNN 2.1.2 to DNN 3.0.12
If I want to make a fresh installation with DNN 3.0.12 in which way I can move all people subscribe to my old DB (MSSQL)  in the new one ? Thanks. ...

DNN 2.1.2 does not have Users Online
Hi, I need Users Online Module. I tried to find it but I can not. Please , may you supply me with a URL to a web page inwhich I can download this module? It needs to be installed. You'll find the PA in "DesktopModules\UsersOnline". Just upload the 'UsersOnline.zip' through the File Manger when logged in as Host.~ChrisNet Data Design706Horsman.us...

New DNN 2.1.2 Setup
I have many instances of DNN running. I got a new PC with XP Pro and am having a problem. I followed the same process as always, but when trying to browse the site to populate the database I get a HTTP 403 error, NOT AUTHORIZED TO VIEW THIS PAGE. I looked at my folder for my virtual directory. I have the network service account with full permissions. The Read Only indicator is a light green color. I keep trying to change this but cannot. I think this might be the problem. Any suggestions? I know it must be simple. If it were another problem, I would typically at least get the dread...

Users online for DNN 2.1.2
Hi, Where can I download the module Users online for DNN 2.1.2 please thx RegardsDavid It's included with DNN 2.1.2. Look in the DesktopModules/UsersOnline folder for the installation PA zip. Nik Nik KalyaniSpeerio, Inc.[DotNetNuke and ASP.Net solutions here] I haven't seen sorry, but I've installed it and there are errors : Error: CompanyName - Users Online is currently unavailable. DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: EXECUTE permission denied on object 'GetOnlineUserStatistics', database 'C111_dotnetnuke', owner 'dbo'. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: EXECUT...

DNN 2.1.2 - Users online module
Guys i am using Company Name - Users Online module and the problem i have is that it does not show the "People Online" part, all counts are zero.. Do i have to update some code? There is a stored procedure that needs to be changed in v2.1.2 in order to make this work correctly, but I don't have it documented any more.  Suggest deep searching these forums - you might specifically look under the author's (Scott McCulloch) posts here (his forum user name is smcculloch), or maybe the forum on his site at http://www.smcculloch.net  Good luck!Sam TannerEasy Template Skin...

How to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2?
I have 2.1.1 wokring fine and I have spent a lot of time making it just right but I want to make sure I have the latest & greatest so I am trying to get 2.1.2 to work so I can upgrade. When I try to set-up 2.1.2 I get a few errors such as: Could Not Load Skin: ~/Portals/_default/Skins/_default/admin.ascx Error: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\Temporary ASP.NET Files\dnn212\295dc47c\1861dacc\3z6nxty1.0.vb(159): error BC30560: 'admin_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'. Is there a simple way to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2? RDD Iff you have not made any cha...

Web resources about - New Users in DNN 2.1.2 - asp.net.dotnetnuke

User:Jimbo Wales - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hi, my name is Jimmy Wales and this is my simplified user page (free from anything that requires a div tag , style tag or template ). I go by ...

Registered user - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Generally speaking, any person can become a registered user by providing some credentials, usually in the form of a username (or email ) and ...

Pinterest Users Pin Holiday Content Four Months Before Christmas
Pinterest has released new data detailing the increase in activity it sees during the holiday season. For instance, users reportedly begin pinning ...

MasterCard is offering Apple Pay users free public transport in London
... " Free Fare Mondays ," launched today (Nov. 23) and runs through to Dec. 14, 2015. It’s available in London only, and allows Apple Pay users ...

Microsoft shoots itself in the foot using AppComparison to lure Android users to Windows 10 Mobile
... (well, it was free) Microsoft is now switching its focus to Windows 10 Mobile . The aim now is to try to capture Android and iPhone users, convincing ...

Snapchat's new 'Story Explorer' feature lets users swipe through photos to experience events from every ...
A new Snapchat feature called ‘ Story Explorer ’ lets users dive further into Stories and view related snaps that were taken at the same location. ...

Loyal SoundCloud users are starting to lose faith in the site
... a commercial platform for established artists to share their music. But not everyone is happy. Business Insider has spoken to multiple users ...

Square Users Find Their Accounts Suddenly Deactivated, Customer Service Proves Useless
If you’re a small business that needs to process credit card payments on a smaller scale than say, a big box store, there are some popular options ...

Apple gives users a guided tour of Apple Pay
... of Apple Pay is nearly over, but the company is continuing to make its contactless payments push with a new guided tour video for iPhone users. ...

Chill optional: 51 percent of US internet users watch Netflix
Netflix's robust content library has helped it top nearly 70 million subscribers worldwide. Not surprisingly, the majority of those come from ...