Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "Literal1" Key being added: "Literal1"

I intermittently get the error above. I seems to appear when I have made alterations to the GUI of a Custom Module. Does anbody know what causes this to happen?
Regards

Andre Colbiornsen
---------------------------------
Seventh Day
Råbygatan 1A,
SE-223 61 Lund
Sweden
Mob.: +46-(0)708-97 78 79
Mail: info@seventhday.se
--------------------------------
0
adec

Can you put this in a code context. What line is it happening on? Please provide the source surrounding where this error happens. There are a couple of reasons why this may be happening and code may help find the problem.

Cheers
Tom Lucas

0
lucast
8/14/2003 2:16:02 PM
Never mind. I have sorted it out and I cannot reproduce it right now. I had to do some alterations in my Custom Module (the Edit Control), and got it working as normal. It probably has to do with how Controls registered and possibly registered as key/value pairs in some Hashtable.
Regards

Andre Colbiornsen
---------------------------------
Seventh Day
Råbygatan 1A,
SE-223 61 Lund
Sweden
Mob.: +46-(0)708-97 78 79
Mail: info@seventhday.se
--------------------------------
0
adec
8/14/2003 2:27:51 PM
That will typically do it. :) Glad to hear you got it working.

Cheers
Tom Lucas

0
lucast
8/14/2003 3:14:19 PM
So, I have been able to reproduce it. It typically happens when in VS.Net, I use the Collections UI for the DataGrid to convert a Bound Column to a Template Column.

BEFORE CONVERSION:

<asp:BoundColumn DataField="objArea" HeaderText="Area">
<HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center"></HeaderStyle>
</asp:BoundColumn>

AFTER CONVERSION (Producing the Error msg in the Subject):

<asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="Yta">
<HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center"></HeaderStyle>
<ItemStyle Wrap="False" HorizontalAlign="Right"></ItemStyle>
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label Runat="server" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.objArea") %>'></asp:Label>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateColumn>

I have removed the <EditItemTemplate></EditItemTemplate> portion, which is also rendered by VS.Net, as I don't need it.
Now, the interesting thing is that if I remove this part:

Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.objArea") %>'

the Error disappears. So what I do now, is to populate the Column during ItemDataBound. Any comments on this?

Regards

Andre Colbiornsen
---------------------------------
Seventh Day
Råbygatan 1A,
SE-223 61 Lund
Sweden
Mob.: +46-(0)708-97 78 79
Mail: info@seventhday.se
--------------------------------
0
adec

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "4" Key being added: "4"
I am getting this error "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "4" Key being added: "4" All the other site on the server are working fine excep one which is giving obove error. I didnt made any updates still. show us the code you're using and show us the area where this error is being delivered.David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as A...

General Exception Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "monday" Key being added: "monday"
I just noticed I have 1000's of these in my log...AssemblyVersion: -1Method: FileName: FileLineNumber: -1FileColumnNumber: -1PortalID: -1PortalName: UserID: -1UserName: ActiveTabID: -1ActiveTabName: AbsoluteURL: AbsoluteURLReferrer: ExceptionGUID: DefaultDataProvider: InnerException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "monday" Key being added: "monday"Message: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "monday" Key being added: "monday" at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add) at System.Collections....

Upgrade Error: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "www.myhairnet.com" Key being added: "www.myhairnet.com"
I recieved the following error when I upgraded my remote server's test environment from 2.1.2 to 3.0.12: ********************* DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database. Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "www.myhairnet.com" Key being added: "www.myhairnet.com" ******************** I copied the DNN 3.0.12 zip to the server and unzipped it to over the existing test environment after carefully renaming the 2.1.2 web.con...

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary:"musician"
What on earth could this be causing this error? It fills up the log file with an entry every few minutes, and I suspect it may have something to do with intermittently balooning process memory use. It also causes occasional "IO exception, log file in use" error that scare my users. I'd like nothing better than to clear whatever dictionary referred to here, but this error log doesn't tell much. I certainly don't have any content that refers to musicians, except the possible use of the 'small business template' when creating a few of my portals. Thanks. <logs><log LogGUID="75...

Are there different between ViewState.Add("key","Word"); and ViewState["key"] = "Word";
I think the 1 and 2 are complete same, is it correct? 1. ViewState.Add("key","Word"); 2. ViewState["key"] = "Word";SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator You are correct, option 2 is short hand for option 1.Philip Beadle (MVP, MCAD, MCT DotNetNuke Core Team)...

<key id="key_savePage" key="&savePageCmd.command.key;" command-"Broswer:SavePage" modifiers="accel"/> ----^
Name: yel0sub Email: yel0subatcomcastdotnet Product: SeaMonkey Summary: <key id="key_savePage" key="&savePageCmd.command.key;" command-"Broswer:SavePage" modifiers="accel"/> ----^ Comments: Downloaded SeaMonkey 1.1.5 with same result on installation. PowerBook G4 OS X 10.4.10 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070802 SeaMonkey/1.1.4 ...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Key "." displays "," (comma)
For an EditLine from a window, the key "." displays "." (quite normal). But, for a filed from a DataWindow, the key "." displays "," (comma). Does any one knows how to solve this problem ? Thanks for any help ! The matter could be "Regional settings". French ones, for instance, are parametered for using "," as decimal separator. If you strike a "." from the numpad, you "logically" obtain a ",". Solution : modify this decimal separator, (or emigrate in another country... ;-)) I...

Adding "emocions" or "emotions"
Not really sure what the funny faces are called, but is there a way to use them with newsgroups? They are available in other mail, but not here. Thanks! Steve Stephen Fox wrote: > Not really sure what the funny faces are called, but is there a way to > use them with newsgroups? They are available in other mail, but not here. This isn't mail. If you use the standard smiley punctuation, it will work just as well -- probably better, actually -- as an actual graphic character :-) However... Tools/options/display/formatting/'display emoticons as graphics&...

Databasefiles ".dat" and ".key"
I have a sample of database files with the extensions ".dat" and ".key". Does anyone know which type of database that is, and do I have access with D2010 Enterpr.? I know that there may be a password, but that is my next problem. On 12/01/2010 8:48 AM, Bruno Køhler Pedersen wrote: > I have a sample of database files with the extensions ".dat" and ".key". > Does anyone know which type of database that is, and do I have access with D2010 Enterpr.? > I know that there may be a password, but that is my next problem. Clarion is one suc...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

How to substitute the stroke of key "enter" on the key "tab" in DW?
Good day/night friends! I have to move on the fields in DW by key enter, not tab. It's not standart DW's behavior, so I extended user event ue_keydown from predefined PB's pbm_dwnkey event and put follow code into it. /***********/ if key = keyenter! then this.event ue_keydown(keytab!, 0) end if if key = keytab! then messagebox("", "bla bla")//this line for test purpose only end if /***********/ As I see this script works (the message displays)when I stroke key enter, but the cursor dosent move to the next field in DW. I ca...

Web resources about - Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "Literal1" Key being added: "Literal1" - asp.net.dotnetnuke