Is it possible to redirect client's browser from the client side?

What I'm getting at is this.  My server doesn't have access to certain websites.  But my client's browsing my site will have access from the computers they're using.  Can my programming logic somehow open up a restricted access site by routing the command to the client's browser and then out on to the web?  Or is the best I can do simply putting a hyperlink up that the user can click on?  Thanks for any help.
DotNetNuke Bronze Benefactor
0
lilryno

To perform any action on the client you will need to consider using a client-side language such as Javascript. You would then be able to do something like document.location('url to redirect to') to transfer them from the client.

Are you sure you cannot do a Response.Redirect from within your application?
0
happyplace2020
7/5/2004 10:07:37 AM
I'm not sure about the response.redirect.  If my app issues a response.redirect to a certain site...what IP address will be reflected going to that site?  The server running the app or the client?  I had thoght it was the client.  If it's not...then this is no problem.  Thanks for the input.
DotNetNuke Bronze Benefactor
0
lilryno
7/5/2004 11:56:58 AM
If I remember well response.redirect goes back to client and tells the client browser to go to  another page. So should be the client!
0
vmasanas
7/5/2004 2:15:56 PM
Sweet.  I'll just put up a quick test button on my site and run it from work and check it out.  Thanks man.
DotNetNuke Bronze Benefactor
0
lilryno

Invalid index error
Hi all. When I go to any of our users who use GW6.5 and click on the checklist folder I get error C00E which states the following fix: C00E Invalid index number Source: GroupWise engine; database services. Explanation: Invalid index number. Possible Cause: When converting a post office from 5.x to 6.x, the post office database (wphost.db) was missing in the post office. Action: Restore the wphost.db file to the post office. Although the conversion does not actually use the old wphost.db file, it does attempt to access a file by that name in order to rename it. ...

How to get browser's name client side?
Is there any object/method that will give me information on the browser, client side? For example, I need to detect IE browser. I am using:  function st_IsIE() { if(navigator.appName.indexOf("Microsoft Internet Explorer") != -1) { return true; } return false; }   Is there a better way?   Hi, Check this, one of the best script i found for doing this - http://www.quirksmode.org/js/detect.htmlWhen you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question; this ensures the right forum...

downloading .NET dll's to client side
hi! does anyone knows how can I download .NET assembly to the client side using the <Object> tag with vesioning? I tried using : <OBJECT id="MyUserControl" style="WIDTH: 1000px; HEIGHT:800px" codeBase="MyUserControl.dll#1,0,0,0" classID="MyUserControl.dll#MyNamespace.MyClass"> </OBJECT> but my MyUserControl.dll assembly is dependent on several other .net dll which should be download indirectly as well. It works fine. The problem arises when I advance the MyUserControl.dll AssemblyVersion (and his dependent dll a...

can i install vs.net on client's server and do changes remotely. Is it possible ?
hi, i don't know if it can works , i thought of installing vs.net on client ,and do a changes on the client remotely if possible...thanks for your advise.. Can you provide a little more detail on what your setup is? Thanks.Bill HiebertVisual Studio Web Tools Hi, my task given by my superior is to add in function and correct the current ASP.NET application running on my client server, i thought of doing the correction and add function remotely from my office, I don't know if it can work ? I'm new to ASP.NET.thanks you in advance. You can. Visual Studio has two mechanisms to access the r...

What does Google's new web browser (Chrome) mean to client-side web developers?
Google announced it's new web browser (Chrome) yesterday. This browser offers tab browsing with each tab running in a separate processes, increased performance, and more. Read more here: http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/ Chrome like Safari and Konqueror is based on the Webkit / KHTML rendering engine. After a single day Chrome aparently has a 2% market share. What does Google's Chrome mean to client-side web developers? - Adam Kahtava [http://adam.kahtava.com] Interesting link to the comic book, I didnt realised that they had gone so deep in to it design wise. F...

This will prompt a ALERT at client or not ...if client browser donot javascript but it is runat ='server' ?
hai every one this is not a javascript question , but i am bit confussed on javascript... My doubt is as follows: ================================================== =================== CODE ( inside code behind page ) ================================================== ==================== string framescript="<script language='javascript' runat='Server' > alert('hai')</script>"; Page.RegisterStartupScript("Framescript",frameScript); ================================================== ==================== will this prompt ...

Is it possible to call client side function from server side code without initial client request?
Atlas is great. I'm using timer to periodically check database changes on server to populate client side controls with new data. Is it possible to do it without a lot of client requests to server which takes a huge useless network traffic? Server should call client side function on all connected clients when, for example, 'database updated' event occurs on server. Thanks. Hi~ Just for your interest, I think you could have a look at Comet, many web IM like Gmail's embeded Gtalk and meebo.com are built on this architecture你好! Just FYI o_O...

'Some character(s) could not be converted into client's character set....'
All-- Received this error from a PB 7.0.3 app running against Sybase 12. One of the suggested workarounds is to run sp_configure against Sybase to enable Unicode. (We are not at all in favor of doing that.) The other alternative is to translate our ANSI-codepage app into Powerbuilder for Unicode. What *is* PowerBuilder for Unicode, and how do we get our hands on it? Is it an add-on, or is it bundled with the ANSI version? TIA, Matt Seltzer IT Tech Analyst, EMI Recorded Music, NA Matt.Seltzer@emicap.com ...

How can I get out of my Mozilla's browser the Winamp browser and get back the Google's or Mozilla's browser.
Please I have got to my browser ( I don't know how.) the Winamp browser he behave like virus stick in.But he doesn't has uninstalation section so I can't do anything to get him away from Mozilla's file. I'm not happy of Winamp's behave its like advertisement against a customer's will. Please is there any way to get him away from Mozilla?Please send me exact direction I have tried many ways but he is deeply inside the systeme so when I install new Mozilla he is always here ready to pester me. Thank you for an answer. Richard ...

Client User Name from the client's compurer?
How can I get the client user name using Active Directory?   Its a little tricky, but here is an article that may help you: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/activedirquery.aspxPlease mark as "answer" if this helped you in anyway....

newbie's question,HttpResponse.Cache is server side cache or client side cache?
I mean if i want to cache some client-relate information,can i use the httpresponse.cache? The Cache object is server-side. Client caching is entirely controlled by the user's browser. So, you can only make suggestions to the client-side cache by using things like the Pragma-NoCache header....

How to cache the content of WebResource.axd on the client browser/ client side?
I embedded the javascript and gif contents in the dll. I can successfully get those content via the WebResource.axd. To get javascript and gif contents from the dll, they cause some performance. So I want to cache those contents on the client side or proxy server. I have already set debug mode to false in the web.config so the AssemblyResourceLoader will send the response with Cache-Control header as public and expired 1 year laterI used Fiddler tool to check the request-reponse between IE and the Web server. The response that I got, has correct cache control header. HTTP/1.1 200 OKConnectio...

Close Client's Browser
Hi,  I'm developing a  web chat application and need to close one of user's browser or disable a few controls from server side.  Is there any solution? Use window.close() in Javascript.This code can be executed when the user clicks a button for instance.If you want to disable a control on the serverside you should do <controlvariable>.Enabled = false;If this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer. Thank you! Hi, here's an additional example.Note that I set the window.opener to a value (any value will do). If the opener of the window isn't de...

Web resources about - Is it possible to redirect client's browser from the client side? - asp.net.dotnetnuke