Installing DotNetNuke error - Login failed for user 'aa'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Hi,

This is what I did:
1) I installed MSDE using the following command: "setup SAPWD=aaaa"
2) Using a tool called dbamgr2k, I then added a "dotnetnuke2" database and added a user ("aa") with password ("aaaa", and gave it db_owner permissions on the "dotnetnuke2" database.
3)  I edited the relevant line in web.config: " <add key="SiteSqlServer" value="Server=ASSAF-AMD64;Database=dotnetnuke2;uid=aa;pwd=****;" />"
4) I started the installation script

Would really apreciate if someone could help me on this,

Thanks,
Assaf.

When trying to install the DotNetNuke using MSDE I get the following message (read below):

Installing DotNetNuke

Upgrade Error: ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProvider

body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }

Server Error in '/dotnetnuke' Application.

Login failed for user 'aa'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'aa'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: Login failed for user 'aa'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction) +474
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction) +372
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +384
   Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelperParameterCache.DiscoverSpParameterSet(SqlConnection connection, String spName, Boolean includeReturnValueParameter, Object[] parameterValues)
   Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelperParameterCache.GetSpParameterSetInternal(SqlConnection connection, String spName, Boolean includeReturnValueParameter)
   Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelperParameterCache.GetSpParameterSet(String connectionString, String spName, Boolean includeReturnValueParameter)
   Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelperParameterCache.GetSpParameterSet(String connectionString, String spName)
   Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, String spName, Object[] parameterValues)
   DotNetNuke.Services.Log.EventLog.DBLoggingProvider.Data.SqlDataProvider.GetLogTypeConfigInfo() +68
   DotNetNuke.Services.Log.EventLog.DBLoggingProvider.DBLoggingProvider.GetLogTypeConfigInfo() +45
   DotNetNuke.Services.Log.EventLog.DBLoggingProvider.DBLoggingProvider.GetLogTypeConfigInfoByKey(String LogTypeKey, String LogTypePortalID) +43
   DotNetNuke.Services.Log.EventLog.DBLoggingProvider.DBLoggingProvider.AddLog(LogInfo objLogInfo) +74
   DotNetNuke.Services.Log.EventLog.LogController.AddLog(LogInfo objLogInfo) +164

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
0
assafparag

This is telling you the user does not have access to the DB. You will need to add this aa user to the database or if you meant to use sa then correct the connect string and add the correctpassword for your sa user. Its not really recommended to use Sa so you should create a user. You cna do this with the osql utility. If you do a search in google then you cna find examples of how to use the tool.

hth
Bruce
DynamicVB.Net
0
bhopkins

how can associated 'sa' with a trusted SQL Server connection in sql server 2005?
I want to use sa user login sql server 2005 to visit my database "dotnet20" but when I set the user property in User Mapping, It Report when I set it, An Error Occur like followCannot use the special principal 'sa'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 15405)and also when I want to Login sql server use 'sa' user, It Report Login failed for user 'sa'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18452)how can  associated 'sa' with a trusted SQL Server connection? I'm having this exact same problem. When I login using Windows authent. I can co...

4.0.2 Installation-Server Error in '/dotnetnuke' Application.
After completed the installation of 4.0.2, I get the following error message when try to access the site.  Anyone has it resolved?  Please help. Thanks, -Newbee2000-   Server Error in '/dotnetnuke' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Source...

Mobi Link Synchronization Error: SQL Statement failed (-210 ) User 'DBA' has the row in 'Customer' locked
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C3CFA9.E7A2E1A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello friends, I was working saledb_remote examples. When I try to run synchronize. I = get this error message. << Begin Synchronization User : 51 Pub Names : salesapi E. 12/31 14:12:22. SQL Statement failed : (-210) User 'DBA' has the row = in 'Customer' locked Disconnect MobiLink server. End Synchronization. Status =3D 1 Synchronization error 1. >> This...

'Keyword not supported: 'provider' error when connecting to SQL Server Database
I've run into a bit of a database connection problem. I'm trying to connect to a SQL Server database. It compiles okay, but then while IE is loading, I get an exception error pointing out in the code saying 'Keyword not supported: 'provider'.   I presume this is referring to the 'provider' part of my connection string. My connection string is currently myConnectionString = "Provider = SQLEXPRESS; Data Source = " + this.Server.MapPath("") + \\Prog.mdf; Really stuck on this, please help! Many thanks, James James, There is a web...

DBI connect('','/',...) failed: ERROR OCIEnvInit
All, I am getting the above error when attempting to connect to anOracle 9.2 = instance (9.2.0.4.0). This instance was recently upgraded from Oracle = 8.1.7.4.0 perl -V output: Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 8 subversion 2) configuration: Platform: osname=3Dlinux, osvers=3D2.4.21-169-smp, = archname=3Di686-linux-thread-multi uname=3D'linux dbprod01bldr 2.4.21-169-smp #1 smp fri jan 2 19:10:04 = utc 2004 i686 unknown config_args=3D'' hint=3Drecommended, useposix=3Dtrue, d_sigaction=3Ddefine usethreads=3Ddefine use5005threads=3Dund...

Minimizing the "Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application" error
As I have seen many times in this forum, people have been posting problems with running their portal after building because of: Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: ? Source Error: ...

Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application.
I keep getting this error! Is there any way to resolve this? Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'SolpartWebControls'. Source Error: Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.50...

Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application.
Hi all, I looked in the forum but didn't find any solution for my problem. I am trying to install DotNetNuke 3.0.8. It has created the tables in my SQL Server but I get the following error afterwards: can anyone help please? Cheers, Nima Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web req...

Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application
System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoAPITransform._DecryptData(IntPtr hKey, Byte[] rgb, Int32 ib, Int32 cb, Boolean fDone) +0 System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoAPITransform.TransformFinalBlock(Byte[] inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount) +805 System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoStream.FlushFinalBlock() +40 System.Web.Configuration.MachineKey.EncryptOrDecryptData(Boolean fEncrypt, Byte[] buf, Byte[] modifier, Int32 start, Int32 length) +139 System.Web.Security.FormsAuthentication.Decrypt(String encryptedT...

Server Error in '/dotnetnuke' Application
Hi I have just done a brand new install. I created the database and then browsed to http://localhost/dotnetnuke. Then I got the following error.... Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Application is restarting. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the ex...

Server Error in '/dotnetnuke' Application.
HelloI keep getting the same error Line 79: End If Line 80: If Not Request.Cookies("portalaliasid") Is Nothing Then Line 81: Dim PortalCookie As FormsAuthenticationTicket = FormsAuthentication.Decrypt(Context.Request.Cookies("portalaliasid").Value) Line 82: Line 83: ' check if user has switched portals It appends in Login, Settings editing, etcIf I refresh, or restart it does no append again? but after some time it comes backWhat can I do to avoid it ?ThanksJoĆ£o Louro...

DNN 3.1 Install Fails
I'm a total novice trying to get started - Win XP Pro - SP2SQL Server 2005 Developer Beta 2DotNetNuke 3.1Following the instructions given in the DNN Installation doc and the DNN Installing and Configuring video, I set up the IIS virtual directory, the "dotnetnuke" database, the "dnnuser" SQL login with db-owner permission, "ASPNET" with modify permissions on the dotnetnuke website directory, and created and modified the web.config file.  On loading the "dotnetnuke" site for the first time, I get the following (the first time it wasn't an upgrade error but everything else was the sa...

ASE installation on W2K: SERVER ERROR: Failed to boot Server 'PROD'
Hi All i have installed windows 2000 with SP2. Then i was trying to install ASE 12.5 First phase of installation was successful. Then installation process asked for info to configure Adaptive server. I also accepted the default settings as mentioned in the installation guide. Then i got following error message: "SERVER ERROR: Failed to boot Server 'PROD'; process is running but server is unavailable." then when i hit ok, got message " Task Failed: Start the Sybase Server. Terminating Configuration" Checked errorlog file, as Mr Santosh mentioned, it didn&...

Error: Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure 'user instances enabled' to generate user instances.
Hi to all,I have a website developed in ASP.NET 2.0, SQL Server 2005 and Ajax 1.0. When i tried to debug it in vs 2005, it gives me this error "Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure 'user instances enabled' to generate user instances." I dun know how to correct this error and where to set this user instance enabled. If anybody knows it solution, kindly let me know about it.....!Thanks in advance.  I'm assuming you've got SQL Server 2005 Express Edition?  I don't think you can have user instances with anything other t...

Web resources about - Installing DotNetNuke error - Login failed for user 'aa'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. - asp.net.dotnetnuke