Install Failure on Forum Module. DNN Version 3.0.13 Forum 3.10.04 - Install Failure-The element 'folder' has invalid child element

Good day,

   I've just installed the forum module and I got this error. How will i fix this? thanks

StartJob Starting Installation
StartJob Reading files
Info Loading 03.00.00.SqlDataProvider
Info File 03.00.00.SqlDataProvider read successfully
Info Loading 03.00.10.SqlDataProvider
Info File 03.00.10.SqlDataProvider read successfully
Info Loading 03.00.11.SqlDataProvider
Info File 03.00.11.SqlDataProvider read successfully
Info Loading 03.00.12.SqlDataProvider
Info File 03.00.12.SqlDataProvider read successfully
Info Loading 03.10.01.SqlDataProvider
Info File 03.10.01.SqlDataProvider read successfully
Info Loading 03.10.02.SqlDataProvider
Info File 03.10.02.SqlDataProvider read successfully
Info Loading 03.10.03.SqlDataProvider
Info File 03.10.03.SqlDataProvider read successfully
Info Loading 03.10.04.SqlDataProvider
Info File 03.10.04.SqlDataProvider read successfully
Info Loading DotNetNuke.Modules.Forum.dll
Info File DotNetNuke.Modules.Forum.dll read successfully
Info Loading DotNetNuke.Modules.Forum.Integration.dll
Info File DotNetNuke.Modules.Forum.Integration.dll read successfully
Info Loading DotNetNuke.Modules.Forum.Popup.dll
Info File DotNetNuke.Modules.Forum.Popup.dll read successfully
Info Loading DotNetNuke.Modules.Forum.SQLDataProvider.dll
Info File DotNetNuke.Modules.Forum.SQLDataProvider.dll read successfully
Info Loading Forum.dnn
Info File Forum.dnn read successfully
Info Loading Forum_Attachment.aspx
Info File Forum_Attachment.aspx read successfully
Info Loading Forum_BadWordEdit.ascx
Info File Forum_BadWordEdit.ascx read successfully
Info Loading Forum_BadWords.ascx
Info File Forum_BadWords.ascx read successfully
Info Loading Forum_Container.ascx
Info File Forum_Container.ascx read successfully
Info Loading Forum_ControlLookup.ascx
Info File Forum_ControlLookup.ascx read successfully
Info Loading Forum_Download.aspx
Info File Forum_Download.aspx read successfully
Info Loading Forum_ForumEdit.ascx
Info File Forum_ForumEdit.ascx read successfully
Info Loading Forum_ForumManage.ascx
Info File Forum_ForumManage.ascx read successfully
Info Loading Forum_ModuleSettings.ascx
Info File Forum_ModuleSettings.ascx read successfully
Info Loading Forum_PostDelete.ascx
Info File Forum_PostDelete.ascx read successfully
Info Loading Forum_PostEdit.ascx
Info File Forum_PostEdit.ascx read successfully
Info Loading Forum_PostModerate.ascx
Info File Forum_PostModerate.ascx read successfully
Info Loading Forum_Rss.aspx
Info File Forum_Rss.aspx read successfully
Info Loading Forum_Search.ascx
Info File Forum_Search.ascx read successfully
Info Loading Forum_Settings.ascx
Info File Forum_Settings.ascx read successfully
Info Loading Forum_ThreadMove.ascx
Info File Forum_ThreadMove.ascx read successfully
Info Loading Forum_UserManage.ascx
Info File Forum_UserManage.ascx read successfully
Info Loading Forum_UserProfile.ascx
Info File Forum_UserProfile.ascx read successfully
Info Loading Forum_UserSettings.ascx
Info File Forum_UserSettings.ascx read successfully
Info Loading Integration_GalleryAddAlbum.aspx
Info File Integration_GalleryAddAlbum.aspx read successfully
Info Loading Integration_GalleryAddFile.aspx
Info File Integration_GalleryAddFile.aspx read successfully
Info Loading Integration_GalleryAddFiles.aspx
Info File Integration_GalleryAddFiles.aspx read successfully
Info Loading Integration_GalleryConfigWizard.aspx
Info File Integration_GalleryConfigWizard.aspx read successfully
Info Loading Integration_MediaGallery.aspx
Info File Integration_MediaGallery.aspx read successfully
Info Loading PopupData.aspx
Info File PopupData.aspx read successfully
Info Loading PopupSelectmulti.aspx
Info File PopupSelectmulti.aspx read successfully
Info Loading PopupSelectSingle.aspx
Info File PopupSelectSingle.aspx read successfully
Info Loading Resources.zip
Info File Resources.zip read successfully
Info Loading Uninstall.SqlDataProvider
Info File Uninstall.SqlDataProvider read successfully
EndJob Reading files done.

StartJob Reading DNN file
Failure The element 'folder' has invalid child element 'foldername'. Expected 'description'. An error occurred at , (7, 3).
Failure The 'foldername' element is not declared. An error occurred at , (7, 3).
Failure The 'modulename' element is not declared. An error occurred at , (8, 3).
Failure ExceptionSystem.Exception: Dnn load failed, aborting at DotNetNuke.Modules.Admin.ResourceInstaller.PaDnnAdapter_V2.ReadDnn() at DotNetNuke.Modules.Admin.ResourceInstaller.PaInstaller.Install()
0
leoric1928

I would recommend upgrading to 3.1.1 and then installing the latest forum module.
ChrisHammond.com
Engage Software
0
christoc

The element 'system.web.extensions' has invalid child element 'dynamicData'. List of possible elements expected: 'scripting'.
I create a new fresh DynamicDataWebSite, made no modifications.  When the web.config is open I get the following warning in the error list Warning 1 The element 'system.web.extensions' has invalid child element 'dynamicData'. List of possible elements expected: 'scripting'. c:\***\DynData\DynamicDataWebSite\web.config 117 4 DynamicDataWebSite I'm not sure how to proceed. When I attempt to run the default project (I have made NO modifications) I get the following error: Server Error in '/' Application. The Dynam...

Forums 3.10.04 Doesn't work on DotNetNuke 3.2
I have install forums 3.10.04 on DotNetNuke 3.2. But when I have access forums, a error massage appearing:A critical error has occurred.INSERT statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'FK_Forum_ThreadsRead_Forum_Users'. The conflict occurred in database 'DnnCart-3.2', table 'Forum_Users', column 'UserID'. insert The statement has been terminated.Project Managerhttp://www.ttnkvn.comhttp://www.pjsvn.com...

'An unhandled error has occurred'
Hello again! I get the 'An unhandled error has occurred' response on several cases. The url of my temporary dotnetnuke implentation is this: http://skifalakro.gr-host.net Perhaps by just clicking on this URL you will get the same error. When it occurs the URL in the address bar of my browser looks like the following: http://skifalakro.gr-host.net/Default.aspx?tabid=35&error=Directory+'D%3a%5cInetpub%5cVirtual_Servers%5cskifalakro.gr%5c%ce%91%cf%81%cf%87%ce%b9%ce%ba%ce%ae%ce%a3%ce%b5%ce%bb%ce%af%ce%b4%ce%b1%5ctabid%5c35%5cApp_GlobalResources'+does+not+exist.+Failed+to+start+monitori...

Warning: element 'compilation' has invalid child element 'compilers'
All-- Please help. I am getting a strange warning in my Web.config file. This is the warning... Warning 1 The element 'compilation' has invalid child element 'compilers'. List of possible elements expected: 'assemblies, buildProviders, codeSubDirectories, expressionBuilders'. C:\hosting\webhost4life\member\mkamoski\S07\web.config 25 5 C:\...\S07\ This is the element... <compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true">   <compilers>     <compiler language="c#" type="Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider, System, Version...

Web.config warning: The element 'compilation' has invalid child element 'compilers'.
After migrating my ASP.NET 1.1 project to 2.0, I have the following warning:         The element 'compilation' has invalid child element 'compilers'. List of possible elements expected: 'assemblies, buildProviders, codeSubDirectories, expressionBuilders'. I read in another post that it is not necessary.  Is this correct?  Should I remove it?  I ask because in that post, the poster made it sound as though they already had that section in their web.config.  I did not, the wizard added it to my web.config.  So I don't understand why ...

How to change 'Terms Of Use' and 'Privacy Statement' in DNN 3.0.10
i want to change them for my portal,but i don't know how to do it. anyone help me? thx. Try checking the language option under the admin menu. I know if DNN 3.0.11, you can drill down to Local Resources->admin->Portal->App_LocalResources->Privacy.ascx.resx. You will need to overload the default with your specialized version. Regards, Phebous... Note: If you are on DNN 3.0.12, then you will have to overload the Local Resources.www.ricecheesesoftware.com Thx, phebous. i can do it in DNN 3.0.10 also. Regareds, simida I believe so, but I am sure with...

Does the 'copy this module on all pages work for 3.0.13? Or do I need to purchase a 'shadow module' again?
Previous in 2.1.2 I was told by a number of experienced souls to avoid the checkbox for 'use this module on all pages', and to instead download a shadow module.  Did the core team fix all the issues w/this checkbox thing?  Or do I still need to get a 'shadow module' so I can create ONE module, make the settings, and then just create shadow module of that same module w/the same settings on other pages?  I haven't seen any threads about this, and I had figured that the core team would remove the 'copy this module to all pages', because it appeared to not work, but it's s...

mvctoolkit Assembly 'MVCToolkit, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a high
I have visual studio 2008 SP 1 .I created a new MVC Web Project and added a reference to the MVCToolkit dll.I tried to build and it shows following exception Error    5    Assembly 'MVCToolkit, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'    f:\MVC\MVCProjects\MyFirstMVCApplicati...

Forum/Blog Core Module: Update from 3.0.13 to 3.10.01
Hi, I want to upgrade a site running DNN 3.0.13 with the DNN core forum/blog module version 3.0.13 to DNN 3.1.0. I know that a direct upgrade to DNN 3.10.0 will break the forum/core module version 3.0.13. Can I install the 3.10.01 version of the blog module first on DNN 3.0.13 and upgrade to DNN 3.1.0 after that? Has anybody tried this? Cheers, DocHoliday MCSA/MCSE on W2K3, artless DNN operator A DNN Core upgrade from 3.0.13 to 3.1 should not break the forum install.  The problem people are disucssing now is installing forums 3.0.13 into dnn 3.1 directly.  We t...

DNN 3.2, Forum Module 3.10.04 and Windows Authentication Does not mix.
It seems that using AD authentication does not mix well with the latest DNN forum module. The module documentation says that users are added automatically when they first visit the forum, but the Forum_Users table remains to be blank when visiting with an authenticated Active Directory user.  Because of this, the forum likes to throw all kinds of neat errors like this: A critical error has occurred.INSERT statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'FK_Forum_ThreadsRead_Forum_Users'. The conflict occurred in database 'DNNIntranet', table 'Forum_Users', colu...

Users not able to POST in Forum Module 3.10.01 on fresh DNN 3.1.0
Hi,Installed the forums module fine. As administrator could create groups, forums and post the first thread.However, users that dont have the administrator role can only see the forums and do not have the option of creating new threads or posting replys to existing ones.CheersJay Hi Jay, First support the most modules has not been moved to the main DotNetNuke web site in the Project Forums. As to your question.  If you do a search of these forums or the project forums you'll find the answer to your question answered many times already.  But short answer Yes admin need...

AJAX version 1.0 working, but I'm getting Element 'ScriptManager' is not a known element.
So I installed AJAX.net version 1.0 beta and updated the changes on one of my sites, from the Atlas CTP. The problem I'm having is that while the site seems to function correctly, I'm getting the error below for the asp:ScriptManager and asp:UpdatePanel and intellisense is not working for the AJAX controls in Visual Studio 2005 for the project. Element 'ScriptManager' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site.   However, I just created a new ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled web site and the intellisense works for ...

element 'system.web' has invalid child element
i have created new custom provider from ProviderBase class and also created a service class that uses this provider. Im trying to register this service in web.config but i ger error saying"element 'system.web' has invalida child element". Here is how my web.config file looks. Check the <loggingService> section which i'm trying to register.  <configuration> <configSections> <sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture...

DNN 3.0.13 "The stored procedure 'dbo.GetTabByName' doesn't
Hey all, I downloaded and tried to install DNN 3.0.13. I followed all the instructions including all the instructions (GREAT tut) at http://www.getsmartpaul.com/home/Default.aspx?tabid=51  I have DNN 3.0.12 running on a different machine and it works well. However on 3.0.13 on a different machine i keep getting "The stored procedure 'dbo.GetTabByName' doesn't exist"  even though all the other SP's and tables are created. I have set all the relevant permissions on both the DotNetNuke folder and database and both the database and folder are named as recomended in the help files i...

VB.NET 'Forum' module for DNN
Anyone know of a FORUM module for DNN in VB format? I looked at adapting the C# Forum app here, but sharing the Users table is a bit of a nightmare. Thanks!~ www.welshtechnologies.com ~ Take a look at this one: '========================================================== ' TTTFORUM MODULE FOR DOTNETNUKE '========================================================== ' DNN Version Compatibility: 1.0.9 ' Created by TAM TRAN MINH ' With components collected from ASP.NET FORUM 1.5 & Riverside Forum by Mike Puddephat ' for using in TTT CORPORATION intranet & websi...

Web resources about - Install Failure on Forum Module. DNN Version 3.0.13 Forum 3.10.04 - Install Failure-The element 'folder' has invalid child element - asp.net.dotnetnuke