I can't seem to get a skin to work in 3.0.13 that worked fine in 2.1.2. I know I'm doing *something* wrong, but after two weeks of trying, I'm stumped...

Yiikes.  Back again.  I am having the strangest things happen
with my skins now.  Images specified in a css file no longer show
up.  When I enter a specific path into my ascx file (assuming the
skin folder as the root directory), and upload the skin, to me, it
appears to not be parsing at all.  When I 'Apply' the skin, any of
my skins, I get nothing.  If I add the above image file to the
ascx file, upload, parse and apply, I get an 'x' bad image, and when I
click properties, the location of the image file is stating it is in
the dotnetnuke/ rooot folder.

I'm completely stumped.  Beyond stumped in fact.  I thought that by removing the snapsis includes, replacing them w/the normal ones and removing the controls folder would take a skin that looks absolutely fine (but not in Mac IE 5.2.3), and I'd be good to go.  Instead, when I remove the Snapsis directives, the whole skin goes lalaland.  The menu colors I've specified in my css file are ignored.  But *some* of the css styles are *not* ignored.  Put the Snapsis directives back in, and skin looks fine again.  I'm completely lost and after a month of looking at these skins and making changes and changes and then more changes to a skin that worked fine w/2.1.2, but I just can't seem to understand *what* I'm doing wrong, though obviously I'm doing something VERY wrong.

Someone said that I needed to name my css file skin.css.  But I tried this, and it still did not see any images for me.  Here's how my skin folder is organized...

MySkin
--onepane.ascx
--skin.css
--images
----alll my images in the skin

I'm really and truly desperate.  I thought I had learned all I needed for skins, but I can't seem to get a simple skin working on DNN 3 that worked on 2.  I'd say it's a bug, but I think the bug is big and it's between my shoulders....

Here is how the skin looks when I replace Snapsis includes in the aspx file w/the normal DNN 3 includes:

http://www.ewriters.org/

Here is how the skin looks when I keep the Snapsis includes:

http://www.ewriters.org/Home2/Home21/tabid/53/Default.aspx

As you can see, the difference is amazing.  And all I did was remove and replace two include statements to remove the popup login thing...
0
aaava

Are you sure you don't want me to spend a few minutes and fix it for you?

I also have an update to my skin Engine to include the latest Solpart changes for Mac that you can try out.

Or, you can just use the core DNN:Menu with your Snapsis Skin.

John M.

DotNetNuke Module for Performance
0
J7Mitch
5/28/2005 7:30:22 PM
Vasili was kind enough to help me offline.  Turns out that while
in 2.1.2 one could name the css file the *name of the skin folder*,
this is no longer acceptable in 3.x.  I cleared my cache (which I
had already done), but the key thing was to rename the skin folder so
I'd get an error that the skin couldn't be found.  Then I rename
it back to the original name and change the name of the css file to
'skin.css'.  Then it will work in 3.x.  What a nightmare this
was.

Of course, now that I can actually *load* my css file, I find that it might not be Snapsis at all which is causing the problem w/IE 5.2.3 on the Mac.  I cannot describe my feelings in words for IE 5.2.3 on the Mac.  They're not printable.

0
aaava
5/28/2005 9:56:18 PM

Using name of the skin folder for the name of your css file was never supported by DNN, you can use the name of the skin file though, so if you have coolskin.ascx in your skin folder, then it will pickup coolskin.css

John M.

DotNetNuke Module for Performance
0
J7Mitch

new download has completely ruined my computer 's work ..I'm getting 1/2 pages.. slow or no loading. sometimes the mouse won't work.. I need to uninstall all of this.. please let me know how to do it!
Name: ann Email: Manhattan Product: Firefox Summary: new download has completely ruined my computer 's work ..I'm getting 1/2 pages.. slow or no loading. sometimes the mouse won't work.. I need to uninstall all of this.. please let me know how to do it!! Comments: what I just said!! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.15) Gecko/2009101601 Firefox/3.0.15 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one...

Can't get Zero Hex Satisfaction
Hey, how can I get a Zero byte into a Blob? I've tried the following: b = blob(space(1), EncodingUTF8!) blobedit(b, 1, blob('~h00', EncodingUTF8!)) BlobEdit fails when the value is 0H. It's working for other values. ....and I have rebooted, debugged, sent my daily greetings to the Sybase Management, changed music and socks, so I'm out of ideas... I'm using PB10, build 6064. Thanks for any tip Hi, The way I've found: blob lb_byte0 integer li_0 li_0 = 0 lb_byte0 = blob("aa") BlobEdit ( lb_byte0, 1, li_0) lb_byte0 = blobm...

Why I can't login in 'host' or 'admin' account when i upgrade to 3.1.1 from 3.1.0
Hi,I unzip DNN3.1.1 package and conver to my DNN original directory (ver 3.1.0) and install successfully.But when i login in 'host' or 'admin' account, it display 'Login Failed' ,so i tried to clean cookies in IE and also delete my portal aliases in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\. But it still can't login by any account.Anyone have an idea what's wrong? I can't swear to this, but it seems I've had problems in the past with account resets in this situation. Have you tried logging in as Host with the default password "host"...

i'm not happy that Firefox 2 doesn't work with Flash, and you don't even list it as a known issue
Name: kb Product: Firefox Summary: i'm not happy that Firefox 2 doesn't work with Flash, and you don't even list it as a known issue Comments: doesn't sound loke good DevTest before release if you haven't listed the problems with Flash. I have to close Firefox and resort to IE. So IE, is still widely used on my computer since Firefox continues to not work all the time. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

'yahoo mail beta' and 'Wordpress' login don't work anymore after update to firefox 2.0.0.5
Hi, I'm running Windows vista home premium and after the update to 2.0.0.5 i cannot login anymore to the Yahoo mail beta, that meas that the login page keeps reloading every second so i don't have the change to type in my loginname and password. I'm also running two sites on wordpress but i cannot login to both of them eighter. here is the problem that i can login but the screen keeps retrning to the login screen. This is also since the update. I also updated my java to 6V2 so that should not be the problem i guess.... If someone can help me, that would be great!...

DotNetNuke Upgrade 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 can't edit html modules
Ok I upgrade my 2.1.2 to 3.0.13. Site is really important because it actually makes money but I really need the advantage of friendly urls blah blah blah I uninstall all my custom modules except my PA Faq's from dotnetjedi that is really the heart of my site. I of course did a test upgrade on a different machine and I was able to leave that one custom module installed, upgrade, the module broke of course, then I uploaded the dnn 3 version and it worked :) So anyway I now do the upgrade on my live site and it upgrades just like it did on the test machine, except this time I noticed that the...

Can't get your FireFox Mac ver 2.0.0.4 or 2.0.0.6 to work on Zillow
Name: Allen manzo Email: coralreeatbellsouthdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Can't get your FireFox Mac ver 2.0.0.4 or 2.0.0.6 to work on Zillow Comments: Zillow.com Mac OS 10.4.9, FireFox Mac ver 2.0.0.4 or 2.0.0.6 When I enter "12550 SW 15 Street" "Pembroke Pines, FL 33027" Which is a condo. I can't view any data. When I go back to your FireFox 1.5.0.2 I can view the contents of the Zillow.com pages. The site says it is designed to only work with FireFox. What gives??? Have multiple computers and all have the same problem, with your 2.X...

I'm glad Beta 3 is here because I just installed 2.0.0.13 on Vista and PHP apps aren't parsed.
Name: Judy Bello Email: jbelloatfrontiernetdotnet Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: I'm glad Beta 3 is here because I just installed 2.0.0.13 on Vista and PHP apps aren't parsed. Comments: I'm glad Beta 3 is here because I just installed 2.0.0.13 on Vista and PHP apps aren't parsed. The raw scripts show up. So this upgrade fixes a big problem with Vista. I was afraid I was going to have to use IE. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Ugh. Could someone knowledgable explain what I'm doing wrong w/my container conversion from 2.1.2 to 3.0.13?
Hey all: I'm trying to convert a bunch of 2.1.2 skins (containers) to 3.0.13.  What joy.  The thought of having to do this for *every* client everytime DNN comes out with a new version sends shudders through my spine.  I hope the core group thinks about this the next time they make changes.  If this is a one time thing, well, ok.  But this could be a show stopper in the future. Anyway, I'm trying to get my containers to work to no avail.  Yes, I've read the skin docs *yet again* but they don't give out *any* info about .ascx files of course, which i...

'SRV_M_WAI' in srv_select and srv_poll still can't work on 2.0.36
After updating kernel of my Red Hat 5.1 from 2.0.34 to 2.0.36, 'SRV_M_WAIT' in srv_select() and srv_poll() is still no use,Open Server continue to waste my CPU time, I'm trying 2.2.0. If fail on 2.2.0, I have to return to SCO UNIX 5.0.4. Is there any one can give me some advices? Why srv_select() can't sleep on linux while it works well on SCO UNIX? ...

Hello Sir/Ma'm, why it isn't working as before, I'm not getting gmail ID on firefox
Name: Ram Babu Email: rambabu234sonuataoldotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Hello Sir/Ma'm, why it isn't working as before, I'm not getting gmail ID on firefox Comments: Hello Sir/Ma'm, why it isn't working as before, I'm not getting gmail ID on firefox. Let me know why is it happening . . I'm waiting your urgent response, about this because I use to work on firefox browser, So hurryup, I need its very urgent thanks for favour Ram Babu Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox...

AJAX version 1.0 working, but I'm getting Element 'ScriptManager' is not a known element.
So I installed AJAX.net version 1.0 beta and updated the changes on one of my sites, from the Atlas CTP. The problem I'm having is that while the site seems to function correctly, I'm getting the error below for the asp:ScriptManager and asp:UpdatePanel and intellisense is not working for the AJAX controls in Visual Studio 2005 for the project. Element 'ScriptManager' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site.   However, I just created a new ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled web site and the intellisense works for ...

Web resources about - I can't seem to get a skin to work in 3.0.13 that worked fine in 2.1.2. I know I'm doing *something* wrong, but after two weeks of trying, I'm stumped... - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Making Unique Observations in a Very Cluttered World
“Gold Finger - A New Take On Operation Grand Slam With A Tungsten Twist” I’ve already reported on irregular physical gold settlements which ...

FranticMommy : queen of the kingdom of TIRED
You know that old saying, "you snooze, you lose?" Well I did. But it was more like a mini catnap. I wanted to go to the First Ever Mn Blogger's ...

Général Mariano Goybet and the Red Hands
MARIANO GOYBET AND THE RED HAND DIVISION Ecrit par le Chevalier Henri Goybet le 10-12-2007 en Hommage à Mariano et ses vaillantes troupes Franco ...

Daily Right 1/19/11 - The Quantum Conservative
*Something the MSM is not reporting: 65% of doctors say that the quality of care will suffer because of Obamacare. RELATED: The Repeal Vote ...

Spime Watch: Tracelet
*Cool, provocative prototype mash-up of an Internet-of-Things application and the new 3D gestural systems. *Something like a "wristwatch" (because ...

Silly Jewishes, War Criminal Congressman Allen West Knows What Is Best For You
... West loves Israel. J Street does not. All that said, we bet Allen West does recognize when someone wants to kill him, that is true. *Something ...

*Something* is going down in South Sudan, but it’s unclear what
Since yesterday around 6:30pm (local time), a series of events have been unfolding in Juba, South Sudan that are being characterized as either ...

400 oz. bricks of gold found gutted and filled with tungsten within confines of approved vaults in Hong ...
“Gold Finger - A New Take On Operation Grand Slam With A Tungsten Twist” I’ve already reported on irregular physical gold settlements which ...

Beyond The Beyond - - Wired.com
*Cool, provocative prototype mash-up of an Internet-of-Things application and the new 3D gestural systems. *Something like a “wristwatch” (because ...

Manipulating individual hydrogen atoms
*Yes, that's indeed quite nano. *Something comforting in the idea that mankind can't build anything smaller than this. It's like diving into ...