How to replace the default skin object controls?

Such as login user control?  Without touching the core of course.
0
RusselHarvey

Russel

Skin Objects are part of the core and any change to them would involve changing things in there, however you can always add new objects. Or is there a particular reason for wanting to change the existing one?
Salar

KnapHill, Surrey UK

Skinning & Building DotNetNuke Applications
www.salaro.com

0
salaro
7/26/2004 6:57:38 AM
Simply because I want to make a custom "signin" user control to replace the default \admin\security\signin.ascx control.

It seems this part of DNN is pretty much hard wired, other than that I can modify the table "ModuleControl" record for Key "login". But is there a nicer way to achieve this from some DNN settings?
Thanks.
0
RusselHarvey
7/26/2004 8:04:35 PM
You could write your own control either skin object or a module based on the code from signin.ascx.

Place this on a tab. Then set this as the login tab on site settings.
Visit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quality threads.

TextLayout Module - create multiple column layouts easily
0
bobster234

Replace the .NET 1.1 Behavior-Object with the .NET 2.0 Tag-Object , How to?
Hello, to set the Style - Attribute of my custom controls tag in source view from within its designer i use now the following code:Behavior.SetStyleAttribute("Left", false, val, true);This works fine but my visual studio 2005 / asp.net 2.0 says that the Behavior object is obsolete. The recommended alternative is the Tag object. But when i use it to set the Style attribute it doesn't work . I can set all other attributes or even create new ones using this Tag object but it does'nt work for the style attribute at all. What am i doing wrong? If I can't set the style attribute in my custom contr...

Skin Object and Skin
I've got a custom skin that I'm putting together, that relies on a supporting Skin Object for it to function properly (the target DNN is 2.1.2). I know that I can bundle Skins and Containers in the same .ZIP file; it is possible to bundle Skin Object, Skins and Containers in the same .ZIP file? Cheers Ed Courtenay http://www.edcourtenay.co.uk Not at the moment Ed, however it is a nice idea. They would be two different processes in action. It was a surprise to me that Shaun combined the container and skin together. With Module install, you really need to watch that log to e...

DotNetNuke site
On the new DotNetNuke site I noticed the text size changer and the portal page size changer at the top of the page. Are these skin objects? If so, are they available anywhere? TIA Ed, I am not sure if it is a skin object or not but there is a post (I couldnt find it when i did a quick search) that indicates that Nick with Sperrio is working on a skin with all the goodes from the new DNN skin as well as a few others included that will be available to the community in the coming weeks.Have A Great Day!Larry You can easily create a skin object to duplicate this functionality using ...

How to modify the default skin in dotnetnuke?
I am a beginer for dotnetnuke,i have used many free skins in my website,but it is not good to use it directly,i want to modify the skin .but now i don't know where i am going begin?   The best start is reading the skinning documentation that comes with DNN while studying how the default skins are constructed. It's not something to be learned in an hour or two.Sam TannerEasy Template Skins for dotNetNuke And I you have questions, do not hesitate to ask on Nina's forums: http://www.xd.com.au/forum.xdDNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls...

How to make a line control(drawing) object in front of picture control object
Dear all, How to make a line (drawing) object in front of picture object in a window? I need to place a line control in front of a picture control object cause I tried 'bring to top' (in context menu) It doesn't works, please anyone can help? TIA Drawing objects will ALWAYS be in the back. To work around this, I've used static text controls resized to look like a line. You can't get diagonals, though. :( On 6/18/2010 5:25 AM, ekologi wrote: > Dear all, > How to make a line (drawing) object in front of picture object in a > window? I need to...

Default.skin does not effect menu control
Hi,I have created a project using Master/Content structure. The structure has nested master pages. Now I am trying to implement a default skin for a menu control on a content page. The Enabletheming is true in the page directive but the styles defined in the skin do not effect the menu control when I execute the page. Since the structure is nested master so I am unable to see the design view as well.Any ideas???Regards,AhmadUK Please check if you have define a proper Theme in the page directive of the content page or in the web.config.Vishal---------This posting is provided "AS I...

Why does second control default to Admin Skin?
If two controls make up a module and one control calls the second, why does it always default to the "Admin Skin"?     Here's the background...............   I've created a new module that has two controls.  (This is similar to the core's contacts module.)   List control - list out the items Edit control - allows the user to edit the selected item   The "List" control has the following module def: Key: --blank-- Type: View   The "Edit" control has the following module def: Key: Edit Type: View     The "List" control displays a...

what is the replacment of activex control in .net(urgent)
what is the replacment of activex control in .Net Wotr are the activex controls..i think some reusable controls ?? so u can have UserControl which has.ascx extension in .net.Please mark as answer if it helped u! itmeagain: what is the replacment of activex control in .Net I suggest you try to refer to this post to get some ideas: http://forums.asp.net/p/480812/489862.aspx#489862Gary yang - MSFTMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help....

Skin Object to hide Control Panel
Hi All, I've put together a rough Skin Object which toggles the visibility of the control panal, while at the same time toggling between preview mode and edit (layout) mode. In our environment users spend the majority of their time just browsing the site (an intranet) as opposed to editing content, however whenever they visited a page to which they had edit rights, they had to put up with losing the top of their screen to the control panel, as well as numerous pencils (module actions) which they didn't need to use. The boss wanted these to be hidden by default, and only when the use...

Windows Scripting Object
What should I use in ASP.NET instead of the WSO for accessing directories and files? What .NET Framework class should I be looking at? You'll everything you need (and much more than in the Classic Asp FSO) in the .Net Namespace System.IO. Check it out hereRegardsAndre Colbiornsen ---------------------------------Seventh DayRåbygatan 1A,SE-223 61 LundSwedenMob.: +46-(0)708-97 78 79Mail: info@seventhday.se--------------------------------...

Skin controls in .net 2.0
I have created a custom control in the app_code and have managed to skin it correctly (creating a pink and a blue skin) However when I place the vb code file in my class library with the following reference <%@ Register Assembly="WEM.Portal" Namespace="WEM.Portal.UI" TagPrefix="WEMui" %> it returns the following error. (Show in full below)  It seems to not resolve the WEM.Portal.UI.CollaspsingPanelThe ClassLibrary is called WEM.Portal and the class is started with the correct name space eg Namespace UI   Public Class Collaspsi...

Default PB 12 .Net Skins
Hi, Is there anywhere to download/access the XAML files for the default PB .Net WPF Skins (ExpressionDark, Metal, RainierOrange, RoughGreen, ShinyDarkTeal). I want to create a new skin file but I would like to use one of these as a base file. Thanks, Nick ...

Event firing problem for sub controls of skinned web control when layout is defined in the skin.
    I just want to know weather I have done some thing against the architecture I just repeat the steps I have done, Please let me know why my even fail to raise   Demo.skin   <asp:GridView runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="false" Width="100%" BorderWidth="0"     AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="true" SkinID="FlightOfferSkin" CellPadding="3">     <Columns>         <asp:TemplateField> <ItemTemplate>             &...

Web resources about - How to replace the default skin object controls? - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Atlassian battles Slack for control of the modern workplace
Atlassian went public only a week ago, and already a new front has opened up in its battle with a key competitor.

Stringify your life by taking control and automating tasks
... Adobe Post or If you can think it, you can create it in Scribblenauts Unlimited . Stringify IF by IFTTT Stringify your life by taking control ...

How to engage Tesla's Launch Control mode
Filed under: Green , Videos , Tesla , Electric Short video shows Model S keeping it straight on a rain-slicked road.

Tencent Holdings Takes Full Control of 'League of Legends' Developer Riot Games
Breitbart News Tencent Holdings Takes Full Control of 'League of Legends' Developer Riot Games Breitbart News Riot Games, the creators of ...

China's Xi on cyberspace control
Chinese President Xi Jinping defended his country's right to censor Internet content, signaling confidence in the strategy.

San Bernardino Gun Control Poll
Would Tougher Gun Control Laws Prevent Mass Shootings In California? [question q=”1″] [email][submit] *Completing this poll entitles you to Daily ...

'Transparent' Breakout Hari Nef Takes Control of Her Story One Instagram at a Time
'Transparent' Breakout Hari Nef Takes Control of Her Story One Instagram at a Time

Google Updates BigQuery With New Cost Controls
Enterprises using BigQuery to run analytics against large data sets can now set a daily query quota on a project-wide or an individual basis. ...

Welcome to Snacking Culture: Consumers Take Control Of Portion Sizing
More than a decade has elapsed since we reported on consumer struggles with controlling portion sizing as a primary hurdle to proper eating habits ...