How to change user's Role on DNN 3.2.2

1. On DNN 3.2.2  when a user registers on my site He/she gets Administrator Role bu default.  How to change it so new user get "registered user"  Role?

2. I sign on as Admin, I go to users accounts, magane user role, there is no update button on this screen. So I can not change a role for a user?  How can I resolve this.

Thanks Ray

0
rspls77

Are you trying to stop them from being publicly able to be administrators?

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do - hve you modified some of the security roles and set them to public or something?

Nina Meiers

Nina Meiers

Free Skins & Containers by Nina Meies
0
xddg
12/30/2005 12:24:01 AM

Hi there

My site registration is set to Verified.

I have a Xmod classified module that system allows every user to modify all the ads on the system (not just their own ads). My analysis is that every user get administrators Role. How do I know this (sign on as Admin, select "user accounts", select a user to edit, click "Manage role for user", the security Role box contains "Administrators") Doesn't this box suppose to contain "registered user"?    Am I right on this or I am missing somthing?

Also there is no update button on the "Manage role for user" screen. What is up with this?

rspls77
12/30/2005 7:34:14 AM

This is resolved. It was a misunderstanding of how security worked.Smile [:)]

0
rspls77

What's changed in 3.2.2 ?
I see there's a new release out. Where can I get an overview of what's has been changed/fixed in this new release ?. This release fixes some very specific bugs which were not caught in the 3.2.1 release on Dec 8th. - Module Actions Move menu problem- GetFileList problem related to unsynchronized database and file system- GetFileList API broken compatibility issue- Page.Title issue ( 4.0.1 only ) The Core Team determined that these issues were serious enough to warrant a new 3.2.x point release.Shaun WalkerPerpetual Motion Interactive Systems Inc.http://www.dotnetnuke.com Instead of hav...

3.2.2: Getting the user's passwords...
i don't want to be a pest so i'll try to explain this as simply as i can... i've created a dataset, like so... Dim ProgramID As Integer = CType(ddlSearchPrograms.SelectedValue, Integer)Dim ds As DataSet = ExportUsersController.ExportUsersGetUsers(ProgramID)Dim getPassword As New ExportUsersControllerDim strGetPassword As String = getPassword.ExportUsersGetUserPassword(ds)dgUserGrid.DataSource = dsdgUserGrid.DataBind()the original "ds as DataSet" executes a stored procedure which brings back userid, portalid, amongst other useful fields for what i'm doing...  anyways, i pass the d...

SQL query to remove users from a role (DNN 3.2.2)
Does anyone have a query that would properly remove users with a certain email address from a specific security role (ie. Subscribers) I can't seem to do this right. Brad OylerW3Portals.com...

Change 'Terms Of Use' and 'Privacy Statement', DNN 2.1.2
Using DNN 2.1.2 I can change the Privacy statement for my portal on my local machine. I rewrote "Privacy.ascx" at c:\Myportal\admin\Portal subdirectory. On the remote machine for my web site I haven't been able to change the Privacy statement. I've tried changing "Privacy.ascx" at \admin\Portal subdirectory with no luck. I've also tried to change the .xml file, nothing happens.-doug, Powerhouse Data In DNN 2.1.2 there is no need to change the .ascx files to change the Privacy statement for your portal. It is a systemmessage now and you can edit it at the botto...

Nina's 2 New Free Skins using DNN Menu
 Happy to release these two free skins - XDNNLight - Blue & Gray.  Based on the original DotNetNuke 3 skins I designed, I thought it was time to freshen them up with slightly softer colours, smaller navigation and less whitespace. They are only suitable for the dnn 3.3 & 4.3 builds since the CSS files and code within the ASCX file has the references to create the menu, which I've tested in Firefox, Opera & IE. Each Skin set has 2 skins, horizontal menu only at this stage, the vertical is a little more work, but it's fixed and wide skins, and 4 containers each to use. ...

What's wrong with DNN3.2.1 and 3.2.2?
I've written a module which do some things and also logs in a user and adds him to role. There are some modules on the UserPage with visibility set for this role, so after redirecting to UserPage these module should be visible. On DNN3.1.1 and 3.2.0 everything works fine but on 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 there is 1-2 minutes delay before these modules can appear (I'm refreshing again and again). So what's wrong with 3.2.1 and 3.2.2? Or what's wrong with my module? Can you help me, please? I was suspecting Visibility class because it has changed but I can't find any usage of the class in DNN. Maybe t...

'GetTabByName' doesn't exist
Hi, I'm tryng to install DNN release 3.2.2 with .NET  fRAMEWORK 1.1, but I have received an error much strange one. This is the report of my installation:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Installing DotNetNuke Version: 03.02.02 Installation Status Report 00:00:00.120 - Installing Version: 3.1.0 00:00:00.130 - Installing Script: DotNetNuke.SetUp.SqlDataProvider00:00:00.370 - Installing Script: DotNetNuke.Schema.SqlDataProvider00:00:03.474 - Installing Script: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider00:00:08.692 - Installing MemberRole ...

DNN 3.2.1 & 3.2.2
I swear I looked everywhere... can't seem to find an answer to this. In the action menu of a module, when trying to move it "content pane" or "left pane" etc... clicking the menu does nothing...   wondering if anyone else has this issue and has solved it. Thankfully, I can still drag and drop it... just can't use the menu. Thanks everyone! this is an error in 3.2.1, and should work in 3.2.2 cheers, erikErik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands...

DotNetNuke 3.2 module with Schwarz's Ajax.dll 5.7.22.2
Can someone please help me? I am trying to add Ajax functionality to a DotNetNuke 3.2 module using Schwarz's Ajax.dll (v5.7.22.2). When I use the DNNStub application my module works like a champ, but when I run it in the DotNetNuke environment I get a javascript error on the line where my Ajax function is called. What can I do? Thanks. Please provide additional information. What was the javascript error you got?~ Innovative Modules @ Inspector IT~ I Blog @ CTO 2.0 Please describe more and be sure to have the latest version DNN 3.2.1 installed.-------------------------------------Be Simp...

Error upgrading from dnn 3.2.1 to 3.2.2
I am trying to upgrade from dnn version 3.2.1 to 3.2.2. Following the exact instructions included in the 3.2.2 package I recieve the following error: Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: ?Source Error: Line 256: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/> Line 257: &...

Moving Only User from DNN 2.1.2 to DNN 3.0.12
If I want to make a fresh installation with DNN 3.0.12 in which way I can move all people subscribe to my old DB (MSSQL)  in the new one ? Thanks. ...

What changes make to a DNN 2.1.2 skin ready for DNN 3.0?
I've got a number of DNN 2.1.2 skins that I've developed and need to know the details of what changes I need to make in order to make them DNN 3.0 ready. Thank you. in the ascx file change the Inherits reference to DotNetNuke.Skins.Skin. If you have HTML originals, the parser does it for you.Do you know the truth when you hear it? Thanks for the reply. Is that it? Seems pretty simple to me. Thank you. Yep, that is it... Gotta love this stuff!!!Do you know the truth when you hear it?...

Are there user account changes in DNN 2.2?
I was wondering if DNN 2.2 will change how user accounts are done? I read on this forum that user accounts will now be unique to the portal versus the current user accounts being global to the entire DNN server. Is this true? If so, could somebody explain to me how one would migrate from DNN 2.1.2 to 2.2 if they have 100's of portals with users registered in all sorts of ways (registered on 1 portal or 10 portals etc). Thanks! It is true that the users are handled completely different in 2.2 vs. how it was done in 2.1.2. There are several changes such as how the data is stored, ...

What's new in 3.2.2 ?
Sorry...I'm probably a little late to the game here, but what is new in DNN 3.2.2 ??? There are enough versions out there since 2.x that is it rather hard to keep it all straight. I wish there was a "What's New" file in EVERY new release on the dotnetnuke website.Maybe there is, and I'm just missing it? If this information is obvious, my apologies (and please post the link!!!!) Thanks, akahara     Just wanted to second that request for a "Whats New"/Change log on the DNN.  Everytime there is a new release I have to hunt through these forums to get an answer. I think...

Web resources about - How to change user's Role on DNN 3.2.2 - asp.net.dotnetnuke