Help needed to deploy

I am looking for someone to help deploy the DotNetNuke portal and setup my initial websites and e-commerce functions on a host. Although I'm have a current hosting company, I could consider an alternative. Any support would be appreciated and I am reachable online at 1@2002.co.za
0
JustinMinnaar

Hi JustinMinnaar,

See post http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=828575 or
http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=671187
-----------------

~ RaMiL ~

-----------------
0
ramil
2/20/2005 4:00:24 PM

Justin,
If you decide to go with someone like webhost4life they have an auto install feature of the DNN portal on their servers.
What you basically need to do if you're tranferring a solution yo've created locally to a distant server is. This is valid for wh4l hosting :
After you've opened an account and received the IP's of the servers
1.Backup your database
2.zip the files in your DNN solution
Create an empty database on the distant server
FTP your db to the distant db server
Restore the db
FTP the zip file to your account directory and unzip
Make sure your domainname points to the server
Make necessary changes in web.config and portal aliases
Now your're just about ready to go
Good luck

Leif
0
leiner

Need Help---Deploying VB.NET Application ???
Hi y'all. I need your help in my vb.net application.I have a VB.NET application, that is ready to deployed on a target pc. The thing is the target pc doesn't have a .NET framework installed, so I try to include a file called "dotnetfxredist_x86.msm" file from the detected dependencies. But when I build the project it causing errors, saying that :F:\Documents\Visual Studio Projects\Get User IP Address\Get User IP Address.vdproj dotNETFXRedist_x86_enu.msm must not be used to redistribute the .NET Framework.  Please exclude this merge module.The error saying that I have t...

Need help with vs.net and msde deployment
I have a website that I have created locally with vs.net. I also created the database using the vs.net database controls. Here is my issue. I need to get my web pages on the hosting server and place my msde database on the sql server database. Will I have to re-create every table and stored procedure, or what? Is there some way to 'disconnect' my database in vs.net and port it up to the sql server database? Then will I only have to place my asp.net files on the web host? If you have a SQL Server setup at your service you can use the Import/Export Data Wizard to copy the data and ...

Need help configuring IIS for PB11 .NET application deployment
What do we need to put in the "Publish Location" of the "Publish" tab for the project ? Also, what do we need to put in the "How application will be installed/launched" section of the "Install/Update" tab ? What's the difference between these two ? Can we use a UNC path in one and a URL in the other, etc. ? Is there any place that clearly describes how to setup IIS 6 for PB11 .NET deployment ? We opened a case with Sybase (Case# 1137-3448).. We were told that the PB11 workstation needed to be be in the same Active Directory doma...

Deploying HMC 3.5 Deployment step help needed.
Hello, I am looking to deploy HMC for hosted exchange. This is our first experience with HMC / Microsoft Provisioning. My company has an SPLA agreement, and the Installation media. I have read through the deployment instructions several times, but I'm still not sure how to deploy it in our enviroment. We are running a non-clustered, Front end - Back end enviroment of exchange 2003 enterprise edition with SP2. I currenly one have: 1 front end "which is a DC", 1 back end "not a DC", and a seperate 2003 standard server running MSSQL 2000 enterprise with SP4. I am not ...

Need some help with deploying!
 Hi,I'm more or less done with developing my site and I'm about to deploy it on my web hosting's server. I'm currently following the steps of this article to change the paths of my connection string in the web.config file: http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/dsdaf/104092006022507AM/1.aspxSo I changed the name of my connectionstring from LocalSqlServer to some other name, and all the other modules that references to "LocalSqlServer", I've changed it to reference to the new connection string. When I run my app, I get this error:Configuration Error Descrip...

Need help with deployment
I been looking at this now for 5 days and its driving me nuts and i need some help. I have uploaded mysite to a test server which is some free hosting from http://aspdotnet.sk/ in the admin area of aspdotnet.sk there is a Database - Connection String Generator which gives me the connection string to add in to my web config for the database connection i have added that string into my web config on a test page and it works http://marker.qsh.eu/Default12.aspx But when i try it on any other of my connection strings i keep getting server Error in '/' Application what am i missing as all i sa...

Need some deployment help .......
I have created a new folder in c: drive of my windows server 2003 and copied all the files from my local machine Project folder to the newly created folder say "localnew" Went into iis Created a new folder under  server\websites\defaultwebsite\newfolder2. i made the "Virtualmain"(Folder)  as a virtual directory and pointed it to the " localnew" folder No  if i want to access my website What uRL should i type in my local machine browser ......? like i tried http:://servername/websites/defaultwebsite/virtualmain/Default.aspx But iam gett...

Need help for deploying..
Hello- PB version 6.5.1 - PFC application.windows 95/98 i am using foxpro 2.6 as the back end. I successfully created the exe file with dlls. I then copied the following dlls to a network drive: - all my application dlls(including pfc and pfe ones) - all dlls in the deployment dlls directory pbdbf12.dll odbc32.dll pbodb60.dll pbdwe60.dll pbdir60.dll I also copied the dbf files to the network drive. I then tried executing the exe from another machine (not the development one)..but firstly, it says: 'The ODBC resource dll(C:\windows\system\odbcinst.dll) is a differen...

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Newbie needs VWDE deployment help. Need to import database from local machine to shared host.
Greetings,  I'm trying to migrate a website on shared hosting (Godaddy) from Classic ASP to ASP.Net. Having one major issue. I have figured out that when you create roles and users in VWDE, it creates a database(aspnetdb.mdf) in the App_Data directory and that is where the informaion is stored. On my shared hosting through Godaddy, you can select "schema features" that sets up your SQL database with all the tables the same (or at least very similar) to the aspnetdb database. I've been wading through countless posts regarding issues with Godaddy / ASP,Net. Most of the posts ...

Need help!!! (T.T) please help me......08/07/2007 i need the information....some people help me....
my qeustion is.....  how the ASP.NET allows programmers to use different programming languages in a same project every brother sister.....plesae help me.....i cant do it....cant understand it.......i must get information before 09/07/2007..... please help me....urgent...... Hi, please take a look at this article: Using VB.NET and C# in the same ASP.NET 2.0 project. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. hi.....Kris~~ Thanks a lot for ur help xD.... Very happy.....got nice people like you can help m...

Need help deploying the "Initialize Actice directory for Hosting" from the HMC 4.0
Hi everone, can someone please help me get past this error: Exception: Microsoft.Provisioning.DeploymentTool.Engine.DeploymentExceptionDeploymentFailedMessage: Deployment interrupted because of a failure. See inner exception.     Exception: Microsoft.Provisioning.DeploymentTool.Engine.NamedProcedureException    Message: <errorContext description="UpdateACL/The parameter is incorrect." code="0x80070057" executeSeqNo="493"><errorSource namespace="Active Directory Provider" procedure="Update ACL" /><...

Application Error Need Help need help bad!!!!!!!!!
Hi I seem to have a huge problem on my hands.  I launched my website MyDesignerResource.com and used visual web developer to create dynamic pages.  I tried to put those on my webpage but everytime you login etc it gives me an application error.  I cannot figure out how setup the asp.net and sql server express 2005.  I tried everything i converted it to a .sql but i do not know what to put in the strings etc.  Could someone walk me through the steps in doing this.  By the way im using godaddy.com for my webhosting and i have a database setup there i just cant tak...

Web resources about - Help needed to deploy - asp.net.dotnetnuke

'Pretty Little Liars' WINS at People's Choice Awards 2016
Ashley Benson and Lucy Hale step out in style for at the 2016 People’s Choice Awards held at the Microsoft Theater on Wednesday (January 6) in ...

California gas leak that caused nausea, nose bleeds prompts state of emergency
California Gov. Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency Wednesday over a massive natural-gas leak that has been spewing fumes into a Los Angeles ...

Obama's Executive Actions on Guns: Vague, Legally Confusing, Useless for Curbing Gun Violence, but Possibly ...
The actual specific policies Obama vowed to push via executive action in his big gun speech yesterday are rather narrow and ineffectual. As Doug ...

The Oculus Rift is finally launching, but maybe wait for the awesome Touch controllers
LAS VEGAS — Last summer, I said HTC's Vive VR headset and not the Oculus Rift convinced me VR is the future After trying out the consumer version ...

The company behind Faraday Future's money made an infotainment system for Aston Martin
LeTV, the Chinese media and electronics company that's backing EV startup Faraday Future, has created an infotainment concept for Aston Martin. ...

Alabama Chief Justice Tries To Ban Same-Sex Marriage In His State
Huffington Post Alabama Chief Justice Tries To Ban Same-Sex Marriage In His State Huffington Post Roy Moore, chief justice of the Alabama ...

Watch Netflix’s new trailers for ‘The Get Down’ and ‘The Crown’
If you thought Netflix had a busy year in 2015, just wait until you see what the streaming company has in store for 2016. Over the next 12 months, ...

Griffey elected to Baseball Hall of Fame in landslide
Center fielder Ken Griffey Jr. fell three votes shy of becoming the first unanimous selection in Baseball Hall of Fame history when he was elected ...

West Point Cadet Gets 8 Years on Federal Child Porn Charge
West Point cadet convicted of collecting, distributing child porn gets 8 years in prison

Microsoft will stop supporting Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10 on January 12
Owen Williams / The Next Web : Microsoft will stop supporting Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10 on January 12 — Web developers rejoice; Internet ...