Help Importing the Users from 2.0.4 to 2.1.2

I need to import 200 Users from an install of 2.0.4 to 2.1.2  Can I just copy the Users table from SQL and be done with it.... or is it more complicated than that.

Thanks,
Harley
0
Harkey

Harley,

There are a couple of tables that you need to touch besides jsut the User table. You need to make entries into the UserPortals and UserRoles tables as well. If you open each up one you can pretty much see what is going on in each one.
If you wanted to do it manually in SQL you could Select * INTO another staging table and then build a query to import the users into the three tables (Users, UserPortals, UserRoles).
Another option if you don't want to do that is to use a very cool looking module called Manage Users 2.0.0 which does what I mentioned above but a whole lot more!
-Ron
0
ronald

Upgraded from 2.0.4 to 2.1.2. version still says 2.0.4??
Hello, I upgraded from 2.0.4 to 2.1.2. Version still says 2.0.4. I don't see any of the new stuff. In Host settings I see an option in the Upgrade log for verion drop list has 2.1.2 in it. Something did not take. How do i reset upgrade with out losing site. Check the version on your DotNetNuke.dll assembly (File -> Properties). Make sure it's the 2.1.2 version. You can trigger the upgrade either by calling upgrade.aspx from your browser, or by re-saving web.config to cause the app to restart. Although this should not cause any problems, make sure you have a good backup...

updated 1.2.2 to 2.0.1 but still shows 1.2.2
I just reinstalled the SBS 6 with the NW6 SP3 Overly cd and i put web access, iprint, dhcp/dns, naas on the initial install. I then proceded to upgrade edir to 8.7.1 ( i updated jvm and the other stuff that 8.7.1 required first) and everything went great. I then udated imanager from 1.2.2. to 2.0.1 and the install went as expected no errors or anything. Here is the problem when i surf to iManager with internet exploder 6 it shows me i am using 1.2.2. I read the instructions and they talk about some migrating but the direction don't match imanager 1.2.2 (i assume they are reffe...

Upgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.2.1
Hi, I followed the instructions on http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/4.2/en/html/upgrade.html to upgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.2.1. When I go to the login page in the browser, it shows the version as 4.0.2 rather than 4.2.1. How can I tell what version of Bugzilla I really have installed? Thanks for your help. - Melissa PS At my company, Bugzilla is running on OpenSolaris. ...

Difference between 2.0.4 and 2.1.2 ?
I've been searching everywhere, but can't find a page that describes the difference between 2.0.4 and 2.1.2 (or 2.1.1) Am I looking in the wrong places, or has noone made a writeup yet? Thanks Lex take a look at the release notes in the documenation folder. A differences helpfile (made by Bert Corderman) is also available from the download page on www.dotnetnuke.com....Geert Veenstra I will be posting a higher level description of the changes today and sending it out to the membership as a general release notification.Shaun WalkerPerpetual Motion Interactive Systems Inc.http:/...

How to upgrade from 2.0.4 to 2.1.2?
I have 2.0.4 in a production server with several PAs I have bought. How do I upgrade? Is there a document that explains this? This would be my first DNN upgrade ever. Thanks This question has been asked over and over since the release of 2.1.2 and not to pick on you as a new user but people really need to take a moment and read through the posts or do a search to help stop repeat questions. As for a answer to you question here it is in a nut shell: 1) Backup your database and DNN files (optional and up to you) 2) Take note of your web.config file settings 3) Unzip th...

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

DotNetNuke 2.1.2 #2
Is DotNetNuke 2.1.2 compatible with SQL Server 2005? Do I need to upgrade to 3.x or 4.x with SQL Server 2005?...

where to get dnn 2.0.2 (not 2.0.1 beta 2)
where can i get the new version? on dotnetnuke.com there is only version "dotnetnuke 2.0.1 (beta 2)" for download. but the protal is running on 2.0.2 ... other question: 2.0.1 b2 is running on access and (other ver.) on mssql. the access-powerde version ist mutch slower; not only a bit; it's nearly not pos. the work with it. why? 1) 2.0.2 is not yet available for download. As soon as it is, you will see it on the download page at DotNetNuke. 2) The MS Access version was created to prove the validity of the DataProvider model. Jet SQL is very limited compared to T-SQL and...

iManager 1.2.2 to 2.0.2 Upgrade
I've been running GW 6.5 WebAccess on the following system configuration: Netware 6.0 SP4 eDirectory 8.7.3 SP2 IR JVM 1.4.1 SP6 Novell Enterprise Web Server Tomcat 3.3 Apache 1.03 iManager 1.2.2 Yesterday I made the following change: Upgraded iManager to v2.0.2 and Tomcat to v4.0. This change broke GW WebAccess. I'm getting the following error when I try to get into GW WebAccess. It appears to pop up as it tries to bring up the login page. Server Error This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it from fulfilling you...

New module
Module: ITSCS Manage Users 2.0.0 For DNN 1.0.10e and DNN 2.0.4 (with source) ITSCS Manage Users PRO v.2.0 allows for enhanced bulk and individual management of users and roles in DotNetNuke single or multi-portal setup. This Module is a must-have tool for portal administrators with large numbers of users and roles - especially in multiportal setups. Now you can: Search user database by: - Login, - First Name - Last Name - Email - Created Date - Authorized/not authorized - Portals (global search if user is host or portals that the user is admin...

DotNetNuke 2.0.4 & .net fwk 2.0
Hi, I am trying to install DNN 2.0.4 on my machine but get below error when logging in on localhost/dotnetnuke (running sql). Any idea of what is wrong - could it be .net fwk v2.0 (which I am running for various reasons) that has new constraints?. ************************************************************** Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the followin...

Update to version 2.1.2 from 2.0.4
Hello, I would like to install the new version of DotNetNuke. I have install the version 2.0.4. What should I do ? Thanks. Cyril. Copy your database connection settings from the web.config in 2.0.4, put them in the web.config in the 2.1.2 directory, then copy everything from the 2.1.2 ZIP over to the live directory. Before you do, make a backup of your database, and a backup of the live folder to be safe.ChrisHammond.comEngage Software Backup your database. Unzip the new package to your DNN directory. Make the appropriate changes to the web.config. If you need more d...

Error Upgrading from 2.0.4 to 2.1.2
Hello all, I have DNN 2.0.4 installed and running, and have added the PortalStore PA. I am now trying to upgrade to DNN 2.1.2, but when I copy the files over and run the portal, I get the following exception. [ArgumentException: Parameter count does not match Parameter Value count.] Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.AssignParameterValues(SqlParameter[] commandParameters, Object[] parameterValues) Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, String spName, Object[] parameterValues) DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider.FindDataba...

Web resources about - Help Importing the Users from 2.0.4 to 2.1.2 - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Facebook Expands Feed Connect (er, Feed Importing) to More Sites
About six weeks ago, Facebook launched Feed Importing for the first time, allowing users to connect their Facebook accounts to Flickr, Yelp, ...

YouTube - iPad importing photos from floppy disk.
You are using an outdated browser, which YouTube no longer supports. Since some features on YouTube may not work, you are viewing a lightweight ...

Tony Abbott considers importing US-style school program with private industry involvement
Tony Abbott is considering an unprecedented Americanisation of the school education system with radical changes that could see HECS-style fees ...

Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer
Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer

Man accused of importing drugs to Canberra post office boxes to stand trial
A man accused of importing MDMA and cocaine into the ACT using false identities and a series of post office boxes has pleaded not guilty and ...

Canberra restaurateur jailed for importing cocaine
A Canberra restaurateur has been jailed for importing $114,000 worth of cocaine from the United States.

Urine test fail for man facing drug importing sentence
A Canberra man who pleaded guilty to importing a commercial quantity of drugs to his front door has admitted taking a banned drug weeks ...

Hong Kong man charged with importing 150kg of crystal methamphetamine into Sydney
A Hong Kong national is charged with importing 150 kilograms of ice following a joint-agency investigation in Sydney.

Man, 91, charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap boxes into Australia
A 91-year-old Sydney man has been charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap into Australia, prompting police to warn travellers to beware ...

Google Drive adds support for importing OpenOffice (ODF) file formats
Google announced today that it’s now officially supporting ODF files in Google Drive allowing users to import all three major ODF file formats. ...